Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE: Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 70

Reviews Badge
Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Washington Foster 2013

Join the Class of 2015 Facebook group here!

Add Your Name to the List

Washington Foster Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Real Time App Tracker Feed

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Washington Foster to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

Application Deadlines:

http://www.foster.washington.edu/academ ... ocess.aspx

Application Deadlines:
Round 1: October 15
Round 2: November 15
Round 3: January 20 - Final deadline for international applicants
Round 4: March 15

Application Checklist:

Online application profile
3 required essays, 1 optional essay
Resume
2 letters of recommendation
Supplemental Information Form
Official GMAT score report
Transcripts from each university or college attended
Proof of English language proficiency
$75 non-refundable application fee

Look forward to meeting everyone who is applying this year! I will be applying in R2.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Last edited by RyanCJW on 17 Dec 2012, 10:14, edited 3 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 14:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hey folks, had my interview today. It was pleasant; my interviewer was really friendly and easy to speak to. She mostly focused on understanding my career choices and how an MBA fits into them. She also wanted to know about my previous leadership experience, alternate short-term career plans in case Plan A doesn't work out, what unique traits I would be bringing to Foster, and what I consider the most challenging part of teamwork.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 10:46
This post received
KUDOS
Just completed my interview with Ms. Erin Ernst. It was pleasant. The usual MBA interview questions. Overall it was a nice experience. :)

Regards,
Ankit Singh

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 12:21
This post received
KUDOS
dstjonn wrote:
^^I never said there was a reason behind my worrying but I think about it every day and it is extremely nerve-wrecking to put yourself on a piece of paper, then submit yourself to an arbitrary panel to decide if you are a match for the program or not.

Grrrr.

There's more to it than that. Would you rather them take one glance at your profile/scores and decide that you're right/not right for their program?

There are a lot of aspects to the application, taking more than a week to go over them shows that they don't just throw out an application because of one lacking factor. I can understand your worrying but you've done everything you can do. Now just sit back and wait. Enjoy the feeling of the decision currently being out of your hands and hope for the best!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 13:59
This post received
KUDOS
Well I got my interview invite, huge weight off my shoulders. Now I just need to go buy a webcam :-(
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Foster '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.35

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 18:02
This post received
KUDOS
Waitlisted. Got the email today. It says I'll get a final decision by Jan 15th, along with the R2 decisions.
Foster is the only school I applied to (I live like 5 mins from campus) so needless to say I'm pretty bummed. Another month of waiting, and I'll probably get denied in the end anyway >_<
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:01
This post received
KUDOS
crackHSW wrote:
Crazy jump of Foster from #35 - #23 in US news , not that I am complaining :) but would like to know what are the reasons for this gigantic jump..

I think I read something in the paper that said that US News had this crazy and wacky idea to rank the schools based on the kinds of jobs you get afterwords.

I mean, I always though fosters was underranked, because it has a higher job rate than some of the top 20 schools, with a higher signing bonus, and a little lower average starting salary.

In fact, for finance it has a higher average starting salary than UNC (my top choice). Granted it only places a couple of students in Finance but that just means Ill get more facaulty attention, hey oh!

But it was mostly the job placement afterwords (which is more important than the MBA)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 136 [1] , given: 26

Premium Member
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 08:28
This post received
KUDOS
dstjonn wrote:
crackHSW wrote:
Crazy jump of Foster from #35 - #23 in US news , not that I am complaining :) but would like to know what are the reasons for this gigantic jump..

I think I read something in the paper that said that US News had this crazy and wacky idea to rank the schools based on the kinds of jobs you get afterwords.

I mean, I always though fosters was underranked, because it has a higher job rate than some of the top 20 schools, with a higher signing bonus, and a little lower average starting salary.

In fact, for finance it has a higher average starting salary than UNC (my top choice). Granted it only places a couple of students in Finance but that just means Ill get more facaulty attention, hey oh!

But it was mostly the job placement afterwords (which is more important than the MBA)

Very good observation , I still find it unbelievable though and as you pointed out 2/3 of the class had a signing bonus , which puts the total salary in 6 figures and that in itself is a big hallmark of the program. I wouldn't have worried one bit even if Foster was ranked early 30s, personally I am yet to find a school that has better ROI than U dub B school

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 05:34
Thanks for starting the thread! Looks like it is good to go now.. Good luck this year everyone!

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:40
Got my application in for Round 1. Good luck to everyone!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 70

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:46
jwilkins wrote:
Got my application in for Round 1. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck!! Keep us posted. Really nice job on the GMAT as well. I'm taking it again before applying R2. Hope that I can bring it up to an acceptable level.

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 08:45
Does anyone know when they invite people for interviews for R1 applicants?
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 05:29
mmspurge wrote:
Does anyone know when they invite people for interviews for R1 applicants?

I checked out the previous years posts for you (a great resource, you can get to them at the bottom of this thread) and they mention that interview invites usually go out about 2-3 weeks after the deadline passes.

Good luck and let us know if you get an invite!

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 05:24
Thank you! I was looking at past posts but not a lot of R1 applicants discussed interviews so I wasn't sure....I'll just "patiently" wait ;)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:45
Did anyone attend the preview weekend that was hosted this past Friday/Saturday?

I just got the email today that my final recommendation letter had been submitted. My app is ready to go! I just need to take my GMAT which is this coming Saturday.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 15:06
Any R1 applicants heard anything yet? I don't want to bug the admissions committee, but am beginning to worry that not having received any interview e-mail yet means I've been waitlisted or denied.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 15:50
I haven't heard anything from them yet either. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. It's been less than three weeks since the R1 app deadline, so there's still a lot of time for interview invites to go out.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 15:24
Just got the interview invite!
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 18:42
andreak wrote:
Just got the interview invite!

Congrats! Good luck!

Let us know how it goes :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 00:56
Got invitation for the interview !!

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ... T.S. Eliot

Re: Washington (Foster) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2012, 00:56