Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

We discuss deep about SCs,differrent grammer rules,sentence

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

We discuss deep about SCs,differrent grammer rules,sentence [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2005, 20:30
We discuss deep about SCs,differrent grammer rules,sentence structures and idioms.We discuss quite a bit CR's ,the traps,tricky questions and the best approaches.

RC is undoubtedly the most difficult part for most ,but yet we rarely see RC threads in here.We see lesser participation in RC posts.I would love to read how differrent strategies are applied for a given passage,for a given question in the passage,and how to jump onto specifc line for answer....and so on...Imagine so many RC posts with so much discussion,so many strategies from the gurus like HongHu on differrent questions in different passages...That would be woderful RC experience,preperation and practice.

Isnt it ironic that it is not this way in here.I wonder why we make the mistake of givng lesser importance to the most important and difficult part of the GMAT.

Last edited by 700Plus on 12 Mar 2005, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2005, 23:23
That's a good point. I usually scan the threads and only look at threads that have over 10 posts so that I don't sway the discussions toward my way because I know I often make mistakes too. However RC threads normally have less people participate and may not even reach 10 posts. I think people may shun away from them becuase they are so long and reading one more passage may not help much. I'll make sure I spend more time to read the RC threads and see if we can find a way to use the chance to discuss more about strategies and such. :)
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2005, 00:13
There are two things I can thing of. First, RC cannot be quickly master in a few months. You can only learn how to avoid simple mistake. However, reading skill is learned by years of experience. Second, most people like me have to study GMAT while at work. Of course, there are a lot of disturbs from work and so this required to use Alt-Tab very often. RC does require a straight 3-5 minutes of concentration.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2005, 05:47
I agree that RC needs enough weightage.....but weare ready to answer but look at the guy who is typing in from a book.....It would easily eat up a good chunk of his/her time.....

Also for strategy as well as answering the RC at work is near to impossible.
I would never do that. You cant concentrate.....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2005, 07:07
Apart form weekends, most of the time I post in the office, as I really need the salary to survive ! :lol:

So I do lots of alt-tab(bing) to switch between windows. This is not ideal for attempting RC passages. Maybe it's not even ideal for CR, but I can process CR passages in the brain since the passages are not that long.

But I do admit RC passages get less attention here. I'll try and reply to RC passages when I see them, but it'll be when I'm off from work (at home) and I've done my prep for the day. But be assured I'll try my best :-D
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2005, 11:24
I'll report you all to your workplace supervisors. You are employed to work and not to solve elementary maths and grammar! :maniac

OK let me not change the topic. I think the same here. People tend to avoid RC. Believe it or not, in the last three weeks, i've practised on only 10 passages! We definitely can do better with the posts on the group.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2005, 12:02
With the number of meetings that i have at work(ususally thats where I post ..) i barely get time to finish stuff on time.. and well being the product manager i cannot take too much risk of letting it all slide and what if my team members start doing other stuff like this.. :twisted: Well I do RC's over the weekends..
  [#permalink] 14 Mar 2005, 12:02