Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Welcome to Ask mbaMission

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 07:33
Expert's post
Welcome to the "Ask an Admissions Consultant" forum! We at mbaMission are delighted to offer our advice and perspective as you work your way through the MBA application process.

If you have a question for one of our consultants, please start a thread below, summarizing the question or topic in your subject line (e.g. "Profile evaluation" or "Waitlist advice needed"). In your question, please provide detailed information to help the consultants give you a robust answer. One of our consultants will answer your question within a couple of days.

For more guidance, please visit mbaMission’s blog. Here you will find essay analyses for many of the top MBA programs, interviews with admissions directors, and regular essay and application tips, as well as a schedule of our frequent free online and in person seminars on topics ranging from School Selection, to Essay Writing, to in-depth focus on specific schools’ applications. We also have written Insider’s Guides, which give insight into the true character of top business schools, as well as other application guides you may find helpful.

- The mbaMission team
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 02:41
hi ,
i'm shreyas babu from Bangalore ,India.
i have done my 3 year full time diploma program in planning and entrepreneurship at which specializing in marketing and finance in indian intitute of planning and management, Bangalore of which affiliated in IMI, Belgium.i'm just a fresher, i would to do higher studies,
so please suggest ideas what i can do like Msc in finance or direct MBA in some decent university.
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2011, 07:34
hello ,
i am a final year student of computer science engineering ,from india. plz tell me :
1. i want to pursue one year accelerated mba in hedge funds . i don't have any undergraduate degrees or certificates in business . so am i eligible to do so ?
2. what are my chances of getting admission and scholarship in following colleges ?
London Business School, UK
Insead France / Singapore
IE Business School Spain
Iese Business School Spain
IMD Switzerland
HEC Paris France
Esade Business School Spain
3. what are the requiremens for getting admission and "scholarship " in
these above colleges and which will be better for a foreigner like me to pursue mba in hedge funds ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2012, 16:04
Gmat 710
Phd engg from top 10 US univ
Btech, iit
10 yrs work ex in top brand company, middle management

Applying to hsw, mit
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 23:23
hi,
i gave my gmat on sunday : i scored 650 , previous attempt ( 660)
what went wrong: quants ( 49) verbal ( 30).

nationality: indian
work ex : 3.4

i was constanly scring 680-720 in manhatan test and also in gmat prep ;

actually after doing quants duing the break i lost 1.5 min, i tried to ignore it but may be it had a phycological effect.

i had applied to these colleges :

darthmouth ( tuck)
duke ( faqua)
booth
yale
kelly( indiana)

i want to appear again :

i have few question;
1 for round 2 by what time can i appy in time
2 if i go for round three by what time should i appear , and what kind of score i might need,

3 do you think applying in round three will make it very difficult.

i want to reappear because i know i can do much better.

please guide

regards:
willdoitanyhow
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 23:16
plz tell me, for round 2 by what time can i appy in time i need a urgent answer this question.....
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 23:03
Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 08:56
I have an option of doing an International MBA from either European School of Business,Reutlingen,Germany or Nyenrode Business Universetit,Netherlands.Which would you suggest considering future Job prospects and Country growth?
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to Ask mbaMission [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2014, 19:04
This post was
BOOKMARKED
GMAT SCORE: 660 (Q50, V30, IR: 8)
Citizen: Indian
Class X: 89%(CBSE Board)
Class XI : 85% (CBSE Board)

Under Graduate:
• Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, GPA: 7.39/10
Work Experience:
• Working at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (A Fortune 500 Company) as Assistant Manager, Marketing for Lubricants.
• Profile: Marketing Lubricants to Bazaar (through Distributors) and Direct industrial customers (B2B).
• A total of 4 Years work Experience as of Sep’14.
• Consistently achieved monthly targeted sales and increased sales revenues by 15% year on year with an estimated Turnover of 55 crores / anum ;
• Was instrumental in striking a deal for trials with a customer using Wartsilla Engines which finally lead to receiving an OE approval for supply of MAK lubricants to all Wartsilla Engines all over India. The only PSU to have got the approval.
• Was selected to present the Best Marketing Initiative at an all India meet of BPCL
• Represented BPCL at AIMA (State Level)
• Was selected for a paid internship program from TATA steel in the year 2009.
Extra Curricular:
Sports:
• Was the Basket Ball University Captain which represented at East Zone Inter University ( Universities from 7 States participated in the Event) and Runner Up at the event “Spardha’10” held at IT BHU
• Gold medalist in Javelin at university for three consecutive years
• Represented my School in sports level athletics in 4*100 meter relay and Basketball
Leadership:
• Was the School pupil leader in the year 2006
NCC:
• Was the NCC commander at University in the year 2008
• Awarded “Sahara Scholarship” in the field of NCC in the year 2002
ART:
• Conferred with the title of “Kalai Ilamani” by Tamil Nadu Government for the contribution to the field of art.
Event Organizing:
Have conducted several corporate level events handling a team and anchored several cultural and official events
Future Plan:
• Trustee at a trust founded by me in the year 2014. Future plans to motivate potential candidates towards innovative initiatives and promote implementation of innovative models.
Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest B-schools. Looking forward to the top 30 B- Schools (FT Rankings).