Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 03:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 12:15
I used to be an old and regular member of the GmatClub. I took the GMAT in 2005 Dec, and got a decent score (730). However, due to personal and professional reasons, never got to do my MBA. 7 years later, I am planning to get back. I guess it is never too late to take it, as long as you have the drive and motivation in place. But, how times have changed. GmatClub has changed it's interface radically, and so has the format of the exam itself (the new IR section). I will be an active participant of this forum, so you will hear more from me.

Thanks
DMD

EDIT - Forgot to mention that my GMAT scores have long expired... so it back to square one for me.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2169

Kudos [?]: 7687 [0], given: 3628

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 12:17
Expert's post
Darth_McDaddy wrote:
I used to be an old and regular member of the GmatClub. I took the GMAT in 2005 Dec, and got a decent score (730). However, due to personal and professional reasons, never got to do my MBA. 7 years later, I am planning to get back. I guess it is never too late to take it, as long as you have the drive and motivation in place. But, how times have changed. GmatClub has changed it's interface radically, and so has the format of the exam itself (the new IR section). I will be an active participant of this forum, so you will hear more from me.

Thanks
DMD

Welcome back!
I think your Avatar may have gotten lost over the years so if you have a chance, please upload a new one.

Good luck with the new wave of prep and again, welcome back!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 08:37
I found your forum site more user-friendly and fantastic. Keep it up guys.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 31

Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 08:38
Thank you for free grammar book. I am sure it is excellent material.

Posted from my mobile device Image

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 23:06
What type of work experience do you need for GMAT?
Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 16:49
Hello Everyone,

i have just joined the GMAT Club. I am a Software Test Engineer from Pune, India.

All this while i was learning about GMAT. I have collected most of the Material such as MGMAT, OG & PowerScore CR Bible. Also,i have downloaded the GMATClub Math Book.

I am all set to start my Prep from tomorrow morning. I gave my first GMATPrep Mock as a diagnostic and scored a total of 320. Pathetic score :cry: but i haven't lost hope.I scored very poorly in Quant(Very Weak here) and Verbal (Don't Even Ask). I made the following mistakes during the test:

1. Lack of concentration: Couldn't stare at the screen for too long and couldn't sit in one place for 4 hours straight
2. I am very poor at both Verbal and Quant(Guess the Indian Engineer Myth is busted). Didn't know what to write for Argument and Screwed up my IR too.
3. So many mistakes in Sentence Correction. Trusted my ear and it all fell apart.
4. Reading speed is slow and so is Mental Calculation speed. Forgot Tables,Squares,Cubes and so on.

I have decided to Complete my Basic Prep by November end and start Extra Practice and Mocks from then on.

I am going to Give GMAT only 1 attempt and i'm going to make it my best :x .I'm starting prep tomorrow :x :x :x :x :x :x .

Bye for now.

Thanks
GMATUnderDog

Intern
Intern

Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 00:44
hello all! It will be really interesting to participate in this discussion.
Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2013, 00:44