Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 15:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2009, 08:47
I gave GMAT before 2 years and got a 580 (Q-44, V-25). In a hope to study MBA, i planned to give gmat a shot again.
I have been preparing for it for the past 2months, with a heavy focus on English. Yeah, i did spend a lot in improving verbal but also built on my Math by doing problems from Manhattan series and Kaplan. I was performing decently in the exercises ,and OG diagnostic test for Quant also went great. I did not begin working out OG problems yet.

I wrote GmatPrep today and i couldn't believe my eyes. I got a score of 510 with Quant - 28 and Verbal - 31.
Having booked my exam on Sep 9, i have no clues now as what to do. Well, canceling my test is one clear sign but not sure what else. I am studying with an aim to cross 80 percentile in both the sections and now it seems like a joke.

All your comments are welcome.
Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2009, 13:30
Hi, I guess we are in the same boat I also scored in the 500s but instead of canceling, I will be postponing till ending of September at least. Just my thoughts.

Prince-Rene
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 4

Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2009, 22:38
Jumping up 100+ points is very difficult. It takes at least a couple of months. Doing well in RC if it does not come easily to you especially hard. If you are absolutely determined to get past 80% on both sides - I suggest a minimum of 3 months study. You also will need to get into the habit of reading a lot of good quality publications.

-talent is the desire to practice-

Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, CSU

Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 10:12
Try doing a retake of GMATPrep. You probably were tired when you attempted and you might have made a lot of silly mistakes.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 8

Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 10:16
Simulate the exam environment and conditions before you take up the test. If you still get a low score then post pone the test and prepare well in the mean time
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9421 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 16:33
Expert's post
RajR wrote:
I gave GMAT before 2 years and got a 580 (Q-44, V-25). In a hope to study MBA, i planned to give gmat a shot again.
I have been preparing for it for the past 2months, with a heavy focus on English. Yeah, i did spend a lot in improving verbal but also built on my Math by doing problems from Manhattan series and Kaplan. I was performing decently in the exercises ,and OG diagnostic test for Quant also went great. I did not begin working out OG problems yet.

I wrote GmatPrep today and i couldn't believe my eyes. I got a score of 510 with Quant - 28 and Verbal - 31.
Having booked my exam on Sep 9, i have no clues now as what to do. Well, canceling my test is one clear sign but not sure what else. I am studying with an aim to cross 80 percentile in both the sections and now it seems like a joke.

All your comments are welcome.
Thanks.

Looks like you were able to improve your verbal to 31, which is GOOD. Your quant went own, which most likely is just little stuff. You can realistically get 45/31, which will give you 630. It sounds you are looking for a higher score, so moving the test date may be a good idea.

Make sure you save/print out all of the mistakes you made in your test - that's the answer to your question (what to do).

There are tools and strategies to address every weakness.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2009, 06:53
Thank you for your thoughts. I will postpone my exam and see what it takes..
Re: Well..don know what to say. Need your thoughts   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2009, 06:53