Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 10:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Went from a 650 to a 530???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Went from a 650 to a 530??? [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 14:01
grrr! I've spent about 3 months studying hardcore for the GMAT. I took the Princeton Review's Small Group Tutoring course, which I thought was beneficial. I took 5 PrincetonR practice tests and both of GMAC Practice tests. The last GMAC practice test I took (two days before the real test) I scored a 650 (660 on the 1st prac test, and a 680 on the last Prince Rev. prac test), so I was thinking I was in good shape, boy was I wrong. I walked out of the GMAT Testing Center with a 530. How could I have done so far down? Honestly, I know I was nervous, which maybe factored into my bad timing (I guessed on a handful of questions). But I also felt the questions were harder not similar to the ones I did in my practice tests. Now it's back to studying. I'm determined to beat this damn test. Anyone else with a similar experience or any advice you can lend?

Thanks
Brian
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 18:47
I can understand your frustration. I thougt I was doing well while I was taking the test, only to be disappointed with the score afterward. Don't beat yourself down (too much).
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 19:40
Did you score a 680 on GMAT Prep? or was it Princeton's practice test. I have heard that PR scores are inflated as comapred to GMAT.

How were the tutors. I thought of picking PR tutors for sentence correction but then the cost was astronomical !! I am thinking Veritasprep for holistic course.

Good Luck
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2007, 08:13
I didn't get the teacher I wanted, but I think PR is good for overall fundamentals. If you are shooting for a 700, you'll need to find access to more difficult questions/tests. I've learned that a good combination of practice tests are good, so you don't get used to any one style of test. I'll be purchasing the 25 tests on GMATclub and probably the Manhattan tests for purchase online.
  [#permalink] 27 Dec 2007, 08:13