Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 09:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

West Coast (SF Bay): Wharton-San Francisco or Berkeley Haas?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

West Coast (SF Bay): Wharton-San Francisco or Berkeley Haas? [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2014, 10:58
Hello everyone,

I was fortunate enough to be admitted to both the Wharton - San Francisco EMBA (which academically is same as full time MBA) and Berkeley Haas Evening & Weekend MBA program.

I am interested in making a career change from engineering function pre-MBA to business development/strategy post-MBA. From what I know right now, I am leaning towards being in some part of the tech industry.

At Wharton, the average years of experience is ~11 years or so and at Berkeley average years of experience is ~7 to 8 years. I have attended classes at both and have met students at both. I really connected with both sets of students and enjoyed the classes.

The nice thing about Wharton is that the best professors in their fields fly to the San Francisco campus from Philly to teach the students and the students have already built their networks and leadership background. The team that supports the students seems to be very focused on the learning process, potential, and needs of the students.

The nice thing about Berkeley is that there are all of the other resources on campus and the again there are amazing professors. I have heard that the classmates and the team that supports the EWMBA students are very collaborative, understanding, and respectful of your goals and needs.

What would you do? or what do you recommend I consider in the decision making process?

Thank you in advance!
West Coast (SF Bay): Wharton-San Francisco or Berkeley Haas?   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2014, 10:58