Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 19:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 12:10
Thanks!!! I knew it was a long-shot!!!! however my optimistic mind, tells me that it was very unlikely to receive the interview invite, but probably being invited to interview in r3, might mean similar chances to other round applicants who were also invited...i dunno...
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 12:18
JMG wrote:
Thanks!!! I knew it was a long-shot!!!! however my optimistic mind, tells me that it was very unlikely to receive the interview invite, but probably being invited to interview in r3, might mean similar chances to other round applicants who were also invited...i dunno...

Schools don't release breakdowns of % interviewed --> % accepted by round. The overall rule of thumb is that Wharton interviews 40% of applicants and accepts roughly 40% of those interviewed. But I'm sorry we can't give you a better idea of what that looks like for R3.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 14:09
Maybe you know this...

I received my interview confirmation mail..and was old that my status wouldnt chang blah blah until the realease date of june the 4th...however in the website in the official decision date for round 3 is may 8th ...is it normal that the date was sudeenly changed, or should it be just an adcom typo mistake

May 8 vs june 4 is a loooooot of waiting difference!!!
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 17:59
JMG wrote:
Maybe you know this...

I received my interview confirmation mail..and was old that my status wouldnt chang blah blah until the realease date of june the 4th...however in the website in the official decision date for round 3 is may 8th ...is it normal that the date was sudeenly changed, or should it be just an adcom typo mistake

May 8 vs june 4 is a loooooot of waiting difference!!!

I am pretty sure that this is a typo. June 4 is actually the R3 deposit deadline. You'll have a decision by May 8.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 04:58
thanks!!!!
where have you chosen to go??
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 16:17
JMG wrote:
thanks!!!!

I haven't made a choice yet. I'm at Wharton's Welcome Weekend now.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 20:04
cheetarah, i'm impressed you found time to check the message board and post while we're here. i'm exhausted already...
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 20:12
woggy987 wrote:
cheetarah, i'm impressed you found time to check the message board and post while we're here. i'm exhausted already...

Pot, meet kettle. I went home after Pub. These people wore me out. I'm trying to rest up for day 2 cause that's gonna be even more insane.

BTW, we totally need to meet while there.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 17:55
cheetarah1980 wrote:
woggy987 wrote:

Pot, meet kettle. I went home after Pub. These people wore me out. I'm trying to rest up for day 2 cause that's gonna be even more insane.

BTW, we totally need to meet while there.

Imagine what real life at Wharton is like! WWW is considered to be a relaxing past-time, after all. Aghhh, if only I could do it once more: I so want to be in your shoes right now.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2012, 18:35
so guys..let us know of your Wharton Welcome Weekend experience...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 06:14
I too would be interested in what people's impressions were. Also, as a wait listed candidate, any intelligence regarding number of people at the event and general impressions regarding whether people there where still contemplating other offers or were generally already decided on matriculating would be helpful.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 399 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 06:48
This post received
KUDOS
I'm not fully recovered from the weekend yet (low grade headache). My overall impression is that MBA students don't sleep. They just keep going and going and going and going and going...

Admitted students were divided up into 6 cohorts of about 60-70 students each. There were student panels, a mock class, career services panels by industry, and team building exercises (build a statue that represents Wharton using Tinker Tailor toy parts). We got some speeches from the deans of student life and curriculum or something and Ankur welcomed us as well (can I just say that woman is gorgeous and has awesome shoes). The social events provided some good eats. I especially liked the spring rolls at Pub. Day 2 there were a ton of early evening happy hours around different Center City restaurants. Spring Soiree was a good time as well. However, CRACKERS ARE NOT FOOD!!! I got fed better at Kellogg's Saturday night cocktail party. I will say that Wharton has better DJs than Kellogg because Wharton's kept the untz, untz, untz dance music to measured levels. Unfortunately Spring Soiree got shut down early when someone stole a bottle of rum and wouldn't return it.

As for the people...I was pleasantly surprised. My biggest worry about attending Wharton was the douchebag factor. Wharton has a rep for having more than its fair share of them. I was almost taken aback by how genuinely nice and easy to get along with everyone was. Wharton students are really good at poking fun at themselves. We got to see the Follies and one segment was a game show entitled "Name that Douche" where they called specific people out by name for douchebag behavior such as macking on undergrads, racist/sexist emails, and self righteous asshole-ness. It was all in good fun and it's good to see that the student body kind of self polices. As for the other admitted students, they were awesome sauce. woggy987 turned out to be one of my section mates so it was really cool to put a face with the GC screen name. A lot of people were definitely decided on Wharton but there were many who are still up in the air. Most of the people I met are choosing between Wharton and Kellogg or Booth. I think for the Wharton vs. Kellogg people the biggest issue is FIT. They are very different schools and while they do get many of the same applicants many prefer one environment over the other.

One thing I was blown away by was the emphasis Wharton places on teamwork and leadership. I thought that this was Kellogg's domain, but Wharton is no joke in the leadership opportunities it offers and the amount of "playing nicely with others" that it requires. I'm still undecided, but Welcome Weekend did a great deal to allay many of my reservations about Wharton.

Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 06:58
hey anyone invited to interview in r3?? Did anyone get the the additional invite to the business case group, that will work as a pilot for future admission processes??
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 08:02
hey cheetarah

definitely curious about where you end up going. i was also at welcome weekend and loved it. philly/center city did not fail to impress me, the douche factor was low, i had an awesome time with other admits, there are impressive peers who would surround you, the school is FUN, the number of former finance professionals looking to get into entrepreneurship (such as myself) was surprisingly high, and i know i'd have a great time there and get where i want to be career-wise.

also agree that i met a lot of people mostly set on wharton but also a few with tough wharton/kellogg/haas decisions and a couple with stanford decisions to make.

i'm going to DAK next weekend and hope to decide. i prefer the east coast and really like the idea of going to wharton but i am getting no aid and kellogg has given me a nice scholarship package. how would you further characterize the differences and what's going to ultimately impact your decision?

cheers
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 08:31
cheetarah1980 wrote:
JMG wrote:
thanks!!!!

I haven't made a choice yet. I'm at Wharton's Welcome Weekend now.

Thanks I appreciate it!..by the way i read your blog, was fun to read....im visiting wharton next week for the first time for my interview..any tips??

cheers
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Booth '14 (A)
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 11:16
Does anybody know the deposit deadline for second round admits?
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 11:24
maximus81 wrote:

May 3.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Booth '14 (A)
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 11:56
cheetarah1980 wrote:
maximus81 wrote:

May 3.

thanks, which school will you choose_?
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 12:12
maximus81 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
maximus81 wrote:

May 3.

thanks, which school will you choose_?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 06:19
to quiet in here...any r3 expecting news???
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 07 May 2012, 06:19