Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 12:42
I am a r3 international applicant, summer wl is pretty much a ding, since visa stuff takes a lot of time....u would expect wharton to consider this...and in r3 to be able to give you a yes or a no
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 13:02
Waitlisted again... been on it since round 1.
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 13:03
Folks - I was on the summer waitlist last year - and I am on it again this summer .. :) Dont know what to say but based on my experience there is not much movement.
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 13:04
anyone else saw that the summer WL email states "Class 2013"?

wtf is going on here?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 9

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 13:12
eze529 wrote:

wtf is going on here?

Yeah, I just saw that too. Probably sloppy proofreading.
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 13:16
tsiria wrote:
eze529 wrote:

wtf is going on here?

Yeah, I just saw that too. Probably sloppy proofreading.

So what's everyone doing?
Is anyone going to de-list from the waitlist?
Is it just bad practice to pay deposits, set up email, take scholarship money, rent apt, get everything done for a different school and city and then change last minute to go to philly last wk of July and piss off the other school?
I feel like it's better to just de-list...

welcome all thoughts on this.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton
WE 1: Law

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 14:04
If you have taken scholarship money from a school, I think that really ties you to them because if you cancel at the last minute, the school not only lost a spot but also money they could have given to potential (or current) students to aid their decision-making process. Additionally, unless the school is much lower ranked than Wharton or Wharton possesses unique characteristics for you (e.g. a certain program or lifestyle considerations), I think it's not worth the hassle to change apartments, etc.

Totally just my two cents, however!
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 14:11
I sincerely hope this does not come off as bragging (bc trust me, I know how shi$ty it is being on the waitlist as I was on it for Harvard last year for the entire summer and on it this year for Wharton)... but, I just got in off the Wharton waitlist (for anyone wondering whether they took anyone off the R2 waitlist).

I really am sorry to hear that some of you guys got dinged or re-waitlisted... but, one positive note, I am a Wharton re-applicant so all those who got dinged this year without other options have one point of reference that re-applicants do actually get accepted (versus Harvard where my stats went up significantly and I didn't even get an interview this year after a summer on the waitlist).

Also, given I was all set to go to Chicago Booth, would love the forum's thoughts on Chicago Booth (with significant money) versus Wharton?
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 96

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 14:18
bschoolbound59 wrote:
I sincerely hope this does not come off as bragging (bc trust me, I know how shi$ty it is being on the waitlist as I was on it for Harvard last year for the entire summer and on it this year for Wharton)... but, I just got in off the Wharton waitlist (for anyone wondering whether they took anyone off the R2 waitlist).

I really am sorry to hear that some of you guys got dinged or re-waitlisted... but, one positive note, I am a Wharton re-applicant so all those who got dinged this year without other options have one point of reference that re-applicants do actually get accepted (versus Harvard where my stats went up significantly and I didn't even get an interview this year after a summer on the waitlist).

Also, given I was all set to go to Chicago Booth, would love the forum's thoughts on Chicago Booth (with significant money) versus Wharton?

Been there, done that. Got both t-shirts. Chose Booth. But that was the right decision for me. Is there a reason why you wouldn't go to Booth? What attracts you to each school? Where do you want to live? I mean no one can answer that but you.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 14:24
bschoolbound59 wrote:

Congrats. As far as Booth vs. Wharton, Cheetarah would be good to talk to as she had a similar choice. For me Booth are very similar schools and it really comes down to fit (in a vacuum). Wharton likely is better for PE, but for other forms of finance, consulting, and marketing they are pretty damn close. Booth probably makes recruiting in Chicago easier, whereas Wharton has an advantage to NYC, but I don't think either is prohibitive. Wharton has a better reputation abroad, but in some areas Chicago may be stronger. Chicago (the city) is a lot better than Philly, as far as a place to spend two years of your life).

Too me, the choice between the two is close (with a slightly nod to Wharton for me personally, given my goals, but with money at booth (i.e. anything more than $15k or $20k a year), I'd go to Booth, unless you think you fit better at Wharton or have goals that only Wharton would meet.

Edit: And as I type that, Cheetarah stepped in....ha.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 08:53
hey!!! has anybody heard anything??...anybody still with hope???
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.51
WE: Performing Arts (Entertainment and Sports)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 13:57
Capr wrote:
If you have taken scholarship money from a school, I think that really ties you to them because if you cancel at the last minute, the school not only lost a spot but also money they could have given to potential (or current) students to aid their decision-making process. Additionally, unless the school is much lower ranked than Wharton or Wharton possesses unique characteristics for you (e.g. a certain program or lifestyle considerations), I think it's not worth the hassle to change apartments, etc.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing- committed to Tuck over UCLA and accepted a scholarship. Delisted @ CBS, but stayed on the Wharton WL. Was gonna delist @ by next week, but I got the acceptance email today. Feels weird cuz I've already met some cool Tuckies, but Wharton's a better fit.
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 96

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 19:39
distgent007 wrote:
Capr wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing- committed to Tuck over UCLA and accepted a scholarship. Delisted @ CBS, but stayed on the Wharton WL. Was gonna delist @ by next week, but I got the acceptance email today. Feels weird cuz I've already met some cool Tuckies, but Wharton's a better fit.

Congratulations!! You are the 2nd Wharton WL admit that I've heard about today. Enjoy Philly. I must recommend that while you are here you have to eat at Sabrinas and try the stuffed French toast. It is divine.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 00:48
was accepted off the waitlist 6/13 as well, via email. there is still hope :)
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2012, 00:48