Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 12:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 22:33
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I don't see any new thread for Wharton waitlisters, so here's my bid for collective moaning.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 04:23
mumbai247 wrote:
I don't see any new thread for Wharton waitlisters, so here's my bid for collective moaning.

Thank You Mumbai for starting this thread!!
What do u think about the chances of making off from waitlist in Wharton
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 05:02
uk444 wrote:
mumbai247 wrote:

I sifted through last years wiatlisted thread and there is honestly no visibility on either the process or the chances. The only concensous is that Wharton waitlists a lot of people and also admits a good number from wiatlists. Hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 07:30
mumbai247 wrote:
uk444 wrote:
mumbai247 wrote:

I sifted through last years wiatlisted thread and there is honestly no visibility on either the process or the chances. The only concensous is that Wharton waitlists a lot of people and also admits a good number from wiatlists. Hoping for the best.

Lets hope for the best now :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.34
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 05:38
People, I know that Wharton has asked us to be patient and not send any extra material, do you guys think sending additional LORs etc. help?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Wharton '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: General Management (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 08:37
Went through some old threads and saw posts where a few who got off the W/L claimed they got letters of support/calls from influential alumni. But there were many who got in w/o the same too. However,a really old post actually quotes adcom as claiming any additional material as a" judgement call". My take is that its better to simply follow instructions. I did speak to a few friends studying at Wharton of my W/L and they had the same thing to say.
Wharton Thread Master
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 14:13
To be honest, I think if you are close to a VERY influent alumni or someone connected to the board, go ahead and ask them to contact Wharton in your behalf.

I only know alumni on their late 20's and early 30's, and I don't think that helps so I will just follow instructions.

I think you only NOT follow instructions if you have an EXTREMELY influent alumni to speak for you. That really cannot hurt you and I think it helps. Like in any other school.

It's not the case for me. So I'll just sit back and wait.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2012, 15:02
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Wharton admits people off the waitlist on a rolling basis or all together on the R2 decision date?

Where can I find stats on the % of people typically admitted from Waitlist?

I am also deciding whether I should submit some sort of essay/letter that re-inforces my wish to study at Wharton in line with my career goals but from the sounds of it on the forum and even on the Wharton s2s blog it is probably not going to be helpful.
Wharton Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2012, 12:09
skalnz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Wharton admits people off the waitlist on a rolling basis or all together on the R2 decision date?

I am also deciding whether I should submit some sort of essay/letter that re-inforces my wish to study at Wharton in line with my career goals but from the sounds of it on the forum and even on the Wharton s2s blog it is probably not going to be helpful.

I don't think we know anything.

To be a little positive, it seems like the WL thread last years was 100000x more active. So, it seems like less WL'ers this year. I'm focusing on my other schools for now. Not thinking about the WL too much and def. not going to send any extra material.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Booth '14 (A)
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2012, 15:00
mpg2011 wrote:
skalnz wrote:
Hi everyone,

To be a little positive, it seems like the WL thread last years was 100000x more active. So, it seems like less WL'ers this year. I'm focusing on my other schools for now. Not thinking about the WL too much and def. not going to send any extra material.

Hi everybody,
When do you think we will start hearing from Wharton?
Any idea?
I cannot wait till 30 March, it is way too long.
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 01:52
maximus81 wrote:
mpg2011 wrote:
skalnz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi everybody,
When do you think we will start hearing from Wharton?
Any idea?
I cannot wait till 30 March, it is way too long.

I agree....there seems to be no movement in the Waitlist.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 02:20
But the admission committee has told us that they will accept few applicants from the waitlist and release some applicants off the waitlist. Do you think it will happen in February or on Round 2 Decision date.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 02:39
Since they have explicitly mentioned they will be making some decisions to either admit or remove candidates off the waitlist in Feb, it will happen.

How is everyone going with their R2 applications? Interviews should be out soon for most schools.
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 04:57
skalnz wrote:
Since they have explicitly mentioned they will be making some decisions to either admit or remove candidates off the waitlist in Feb, it will happen.

How is everyone going with their R2 applications? Interviews should be out soon for most schools.

I hope they do start releasing people in Feb. But what they have committed is that one will get an update by 30-Mar-12 (Retained on or Released from the Waitlist).

I am now waiting for Duke result (due today). Don't think I will choose Stern over Ross in any case. So then I have to decide on whether to continue waiting for Wharton.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 24

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
I'm a R2 applicant, so not a waitlister, but I thought this info might help! It's from the Veritas Prep Wharton Essential Guide:

What about the waitlist?
Wharton clears the waitlist at the end of the following round, so a Round 1 candidate can expect to get a final decision at the Round 2 decision date, and a Round 2 candidate at the Round 3 date. It makes for a very long summer if you apply in Round 3 and are placed on the waitlist! Wharton is very direct about not accepting any additional materials from waitlisted candidates.

Good luck, everyone! I hope you all hear some good news soon!

My school profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1047766

Wharton Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 11:21
krzt wrote:
I'm a R2 applicant, so not a waitlister, but I thought this info might help! It's from the Veritas Prep Wharton Essential Guide:

What about the waitlist?
Wharton clears the waitlist at the end of the following round, so a Round 1 candidate can expect to get a final decision at the Round 2 decision date, and a Round 2 candidate at the Round 3 date. It makes for a very long summer if you apply in Round 3 and are placed on the waitlist! Wharton is very direct about not accepting any additional materials from waitlisted candidates.

Good luck, everyone! I hope you all hear some good news soon!

krzt, we got e-mails from Wharton stating that:

"Over the next three to four weeks, we will actively review our waitlisted candidates. Starting in February, we will begin to make decisions whether to admit, retain or let applicants go from our waitlist. You may or may not receive an update to your status quite that early, but will definitely hear from us no later than March 30, 2012."

So it may or may not be before March 30th.

I'm in at Duke and Darden and interviewed at Booth and Kellogg for rd 2. Still waiting for March to make all the decisions.
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 15:12
Hey, I feel like, I will get in.
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 03:58
Any basis for that feeling?
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 13:31
I think quality of second round applications was a disappointment for business schools.
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 14:14
maximus81 wrote:
I think quality of second round applications was a disappointment for business schools.

How did you come up with this conclusion ??
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling all Waitlisters   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2012, 14:14