Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 10:38
The formatting I did in the fields was not preserved in the html version that I can see of my app. Can someone tell me if it will it be present in the PDF version? The system says I can see a PDF version only after clicking the submit button.

thanks
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2012
Posts: 187
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 42

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 10:50
qtrip wrote:
The formatting I did in the fields was not preserved in the html version that I can see of my app. Can someone tell me if it will it be present in the PDF version? The system says I can see a PDF version only after clicking the submit button.

thanks


If you click the submit button it will not immediately submit your application. It will allow you to see the PDF version and from that point you can go back and fix anything on your app you don't like. You still have to enter in payment information before you actually submit. I clicked the submit version many times to fix mistakes I saw in the PDF version, so go ahead and just view it through submit version, it won't actually submit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 10:55
Dakells wrote:
qtrip wrote:
The formatting I did in the fields was not preserved in the html version that I can see of my app. Can someone tell me if it will it be present in the PDF version? The system says I can see a PDF version only after clicking the submit button.

thanks


If you click the submit button it will not immediately submit your application. It will allow you to see the PDF version and from that point you can go back and fix anything on your app you don't like. You still have to enter in payment information before you actually submit. I clicked the submit version many times to fix mistakes I saw in the PDF version, so go ahead and just view it through submit version, it won't actually submit.


Thanks a lot :)
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 10:57
Submitted just now. Part of me feels empty, knowing there is nothing left I can do. The other part of me is telling me to do the rest of my schools apps now.

Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 17:37
Just submitted for round 1. Second application in and done. Best of luck to all!

-eventus
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 22:59
Am in too. But one of my recommenders is still to submit :(
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 08:02
Submitted - All the best everyone
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Schools: Wharton '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 08:46
Did anyone have problems getting the "Awards" section from the General Information area to show up fully in the PDF? I only used ~1100 of the 2000 available characters, but the last 3 lines of my response are cut off in the PDF. Suggestions?

Edit: Deleting returns worked well enough.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: CPA
Joined: 09 May 2011
Posts: 41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 15:36
Best of luck to all the gmat clubbers.

Does anyone know when they will begin and stop releasing interview requests? I know the deadline just ended but just wanted to set an expectation.
Director
Director
User avatar
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 592
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 16:42
Congratulations to those candidates who applied in R1. While it is a relief to get the application in, the next few weeks will be stressful waiting to hear if you got an interview. Our advice is to assume that you will be awarded an interview -- so start practicing as soon as possible. If you are granted an interview, the interview is pretty much the make-break of the application; meaning you have to perform extremely well. If you have not invested in professional assistance on your applications, I would recommend that you do in this case.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
_________________

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 22:36
mba2014hopeful wrote:
stompy wrote:
Best of luck to all the gmat clubbers.

Does anyone know when they will begin and stop releasing interview requests? I know the deadline just ended but just wanted to set an expectation.



I'm not sure when invites will officially go out but there is a chat scheduled for Oct 24 about interview tips/advice. Therefore, I'm guessing most if not all invites will be out by then.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I was on the last chat with the AdCom, and lot of ppl asked this question. The members from the AdCom said something like they will start sending invites around end of Oct, and will continue doing so till mid November. Also, the invites will not be sent in any particular order.

I find it difficult to understand why they can't really send them atleast in a certain order. Do they print out all the files, put them in a big box and jumble them up and distribute the files among themselves :shock:
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 00:37
qtrip wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:
stompy wrote:
Best of luck to all the gmat clubbers.

Does anyone know when they will begin and stop releasing interview requests? I know the deadline just ended but just wanted to set an expectation.



I'm not sure when invites will officially go out but there is a chat scheduled for Oct 24 about interview tips/advice. Therefore, I'm guessing most if not all invites will be out by then.

Posted from my mobile device Image


I was on the last chat with the AdCom, and lot of ppl asked this question. The members from the AdCom said something like they will start sending invites around end of Oct, and will continue doing so till mid November. Also, the invites will not be sent in any particular order.

I find it difficult to understand why they can't really send them atleast in a certain order. Do they print out all the files, put them in a big box and jumble them up and distribute the files among themselves :shock:

The only pattern that was obvious last year in R1 and R2 was that the first couple waves of interview invites went primarily to international applicants. Domestic applicant invitations started coming during the 3rd week of the window. By the end invites were coming for both domestic and international applicants. In R1 several people were invited on the release date. I would take these observations with a grain of salt as things change from year to year.
I would also say that which wave your invitation comes in DOES NOT MATTER. I was not in the first wave of domestic invitees and was still accepted w/ a fellowship last year. A friend of mine who is now a WG'14 was one of the last people invited and was also admitted w/ a fellowship. Please don't assume anything about your chances based on when your invite comes. Good luck all!
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 07:01
mba2014hopeful wrote:


Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if they put up transcripts of the chats for those who couldn't attend?

Posted from my mobile device Image


I couldn't find that. I too had joined the chat late and wanted the full transcript, but couldn't find a link to that anywhere.
3 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [3] , given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 08:04
3
This post received
KUDOS
All those who submitted an app in Round 1 would have received an email from the admissions team at Wharton. Main highlights:

1. Your status reads Complete - All material received by admissions team and app forwarded to committee for review (My status is Complete)
2. Your status reads Received - They are still processing your application or still waiting for official/hard copies you were to submit (eg: GMAT Score).
3. Over 60% of all applicants submitted their R1 apps within 24 hours of the deadline. Hence, the team may take some time to review your materials
4. Interview invitations will start going out on Oct 23rd and will continue till Nov 9th. You need to complete your interview by Nov 30th
5. Interviews on campus will be held by Second Year students, off campus will be done by adcom members
6. Those who are not invited for an interview by 9th November, will be released from the process
7. Final admit decisions will come by 5 PM Eastern Time on 20th Dec

Also, the email smartly incorporates the element 'assuming you submitted all your material by the deadline' or something to that effect. Means, if your recommender submitted late, you may be in trouble.

Hope the above is helpful. All the best everyone!
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 10:14
str1der wrote:
All those who submitted an app in Round 1 would have received an email from the admissions team at Wharton. Main highlights:

1. Your status reads Complete - All material received by admissions team and app forwarded to committee for review (My status is Complete)
2. Your status reads Received - They are still processing your application or still waiting for official/hard copies you were to submit (eg: GMAT Score).
3. Over 60% of all applicants submitted their R1 apps within 24 hours of the deadline. Hence, the team may take some time to review your materials
4. Interview invitations will start going out on Oct 23rd and will continue till Nov 9th. You need to complete your interview by Nov 30th
5. Interviews on campus will be held by Second Year students, off campus will be done by adcom members
6. Those who are not invited for an interview by 9th November, will be released from the process
7. Final admit decisions will come by 5 PM Eastern Time on 20th Dec

Also, the email smartly incorporates the element 'assuming you submitted all your material by the deadline' or something to that effect. Means, if your recommender submitted late, you may be in trouble.

Hope the above is helpful. All the best everyone!


Yup... Got mine too... Post that I went and checked out in applyyourself... Status read: Complete Round 1

How I wish they are able to update the status with Complete: Round 1 with no typos and other auto ding stimuli..
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 129
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 10:25
Still on 'submitted' here. Clicked the 'submit' button on 9/30, 2nd rec didn't go in until ~3PM yesterday. I assume that is making the difference.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 11:03
sid05 wrote:
Still on 'submitted' here. Clicked the 'submit' button on 9/30, 2nd rec didn't go in until ~3PM yesterday. I assume that is making the difference.


Dont fret over it.. I submitted mine ages ago on 9/26.... They have even said in the mail that it would take about a week for them to confirm that your app is complete...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 129
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 09:53
taksi wrote:

Dont fret over it.. I submitted mine ages ago on 9/26.... They have even said in the mail that it would take about a week for them to confirm that your app is complete...


Hard not to be anxious about any step of this process. :)

However, I'm now showing 'Complete.' So no worries there.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 56
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 16:14
sid05 wrote:
taksi wrote:

Dont fret over it.. I submitted mine ages ago on 9/26.... They have even said in the mail that it would take about a week for them to confirm that your app is complete...


Hard not to be anxious about any step of this process. :)

However, I'm now showing 'Complete.' So no worries there.


Funny. I'm complete, yet still worried... lol!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 397
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 13

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2012, 21:02
Completed for R1. Keeping fingers crossed. :lol:
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2012, 21:02
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
460 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1614 25 Apr 2012, 00:55
Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton Exec 2013 - Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 09:00
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 126 01 Jan 2013, 18:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  81    Next  [ 1615 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.