Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:56
reddevildan wrote:
Does everyone who got ding today apply for R2? I applied R2 right before the deadline and haven't received anything from Wharton yet. No interview invitation or ding..but I feel my ding reply is not far away..

Yup. The ding e-mails will come shortly; the system is backed up since roughly 60-65% of the applicants (those who did not get an invite) will be notified today.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 14:15
reddevildan wrote:
Does everyone who got ding today apply for R2? I applied R2 right before the deadline and haven't received anything from Wharton yet. No interview invitation or ding..but I feel my ding reply is not far away..

And where did you guys get the ding messagE? EMAIL?

I never got an email. I logged into their app system and checked. There should be a notice that you have an update near the bottom of the screen.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Accounting
Schools: Marshall '15 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 15:00
Ding...
Time to forget about east coast.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [2] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 15:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ijustlovela wrote:
Ding...
Time to forget about east coast.

But you love LA, so you should be fine :)

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 16:20
dinged
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 16:25
Is today saved for Dings only or also interview invites could go out today ?

I havent received anything yet as of 7:30 pm EST
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 19:10
QatarGMAT wrote:
Is today saved for Dings only or also interview invites could go out today ?

I havent received anything yet as of 7:30 pm EST

When you log in to check the status, you can see the decision notification at the end of the page.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 02:39
This post received
KUDOS
mth1214 wrote:
Dinged...can't say I'm surprised, but I was optimistic given the results of my other applications so far. I'm curious whether others also had less luck with Wharton. My results are below.

Haas - Admitted
Booth - Invited to interview; final decision pending
Kellogg - Interviewed (although Kellogg interviews everyone); final decision pending

At least my decision to head to the west coast became a little easier. Best of luck to those interviewing.

Hi Guys!

While I had gotten an invite to interview with Wharton, I feel slightly bad to see the school reject so many good profiles! I think a lot of the time it must get down to the gut feel of the evaluators, and the number of people with similar profiles who have already been admitted in R1.

I think Haas is a great school - strong network in the Tech industry and a very strong faculty profile. Kellogg and Booth are also great schools - arguably the best schools for marketing/general management and finance respectively. See what school matches your career goals the most - you will most likely have a problem of choice :) Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 04:03
Does anyone know whether they let you bring your research note into the discussion room? Since you have done research on each topic they have given... Wanted to know if they want you to remember it in your head or u can bring that note..
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 10:02
Anyone have ideas on how to prepare for the HCM interviews?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 12:23
ps97 wrote:
Anyone have ideas on how to prepare for the HCM interviews?

You'll interview with June Kinney - she's extremely friendly, don't sweat it.
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 12:31
Thanks! Trying not to get too nervous about it but it's been hard since I have had far less info on the nature of the interview with June. If you don't mind sharing, what was your experience and what were the types of questions you were asked?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 12:33
ps97 wrote:
Thanks! Trying not to get too nervous about it but it's been hard since I have had far less info on the nature of the interview with June. If you don't mind sharing, what was your experience and what were the types of questions you were asked?

Very informal - she just asked various questions about my experience in healthcare and then we discussed what opportunities are available through the HCM program.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 15:21
Does anyone happen to know when the Wharton R2 Admit weekend is? Not expecting anything...just curious.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [1] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 15:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
vintagechanel wrote:
Does anyone happen to know when the Wharton R2 Admit weekend is? Not expecting anything...just curious.

Looks like it's April 12-14: all-mba-admit-weekends-145577.html#p1167484

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 15:42
aerien wrote:
vintagechanel wrote:

Looks like it's April 12-14

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:02
I had couple of quick questions:

- At the group discussion, do people divulge which company they work for?
- Does the one-on-one interviewer read your application beforehand? or is it a blind interview?

Thanks.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 20

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:08
This post received
KUDOS
fromchicago wrote:
I had couple of quick questions:

- At the group discussion, do people divulge which company they work for?
- Does the one-on-one interviewer read your application beforehand? or is it a blind interview?

Thanks.

My entire group came in at least 20 minutes before the TBD. Gave us a chance to talk and mingle, including where we currently work. Regarding the 1-on-1, the interviewer only had a copy of my resume at hand. Not sure if my application was read beforehand but I doubt it -- would be way too many to keep track of for the interviewer.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 22:15
nickey11 wrote:
Does anyone know whether they let you bring your research note into the discussion room? Since you have done research on each topic they have given... Wanted to know if they want you to remember it in your head or u can bring that note..

Same question here, anyone from R1 can share a bit?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [1] , given: 64

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 23:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
himanshubt wrote:
mth1214 wrote:
Dinged...can't say I'm surprised, but I was optimistic given the results of my other applications so far. I'm curious whether others also had less luck with Wharton. My results are below.

Haas - Admitted
Booth - Invited to interview; final decision pending
Kellogg - Interviewed (although Kellogg interviews everyone); final decision pending

At least my decision to head to the west coast became a little easier. Best of luck to those interviewing.

Hi Guys!

While I had gotten an invite to interview with Wharton, I feel slightly bad to see the school reject so many good profiles! I think a lot of the time it must get down to the gut feel of the evaluators, and the number of people with similar profiles who have already been admitted in R1.

I think Haas is a great school - strong network in the Tech industry and a very strong faculty profile. Kellogg and Booth are also great schools - arguably the best schools for marketing/general management and finance respectively. See what school matches your career goals the most - you will most likely have a problem of choice :) Best of luck!

Congrats to you and all others invited to interview at Wharton. I thought you might be interested in some tips for the Team Based Discussion at Wharton:

Tips for Tackling Team Interviews.
Handling Wharton’s Team-Based Discussion.

We've organized mock Wharton interview for both the individual and team based interview. I have sat in on a couple of them and was struck by how poorly many applicants handled the one-minute intro. Realize that you are given 60 seconds and the facilitators will stop you after 60 seconds. Prepare a statement for each of the three prompts that you can roll out for each of the three prompts and make sure you can deliver it smoothly in under one minute.

For other tips, please see the articles above.

Best,
Linda Abraham

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2013, 23:21