Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 18:28
Just to clarify, the 1-min intro refers to self-intro (like where am i from, what do i do), not an elevator pitch of your idea right?

Also, along the lines of bringing in notes, did anyone bring in an iPad? Or maybe a smaller, less obnoxious tablet like an iPad mini or Kindle fire...?
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 19:27
scleraxis wrote:
No the 1 min is for your pitch/answer to the question.

I would NOT bring notes/iPad/etc. You're in a small room and supposed to work together, don't deviate from that and refer to your iPad or take notes during the session. After the first person goes, you should all just build off of each other so I would emphasize NOT over-preparing. Come in with a few 'highlights' of how you want to answer the question.

Oh wow 1-min pitch for your idea?! Glad I asked, would have been caught off-guard completely otherwise. As for the iPad, it really just sets me at ease knowing that I have something to refer to if I have a brain freeze, don't really plan to use it otherwise. Hmm I suppose people bring folios with them since we are asked to provide a copy of resume at 1-1? So it won't look terribly out-of-place if I happen to have a black gadget + folio with me?
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 19:42
MBA2ER wrote:
scleraxis wrote:
No the 1 min is for your pitch/answer to the question.

I would NOT bring notes/iPad/etc. You're in a small room and supposed to work together, don't deviate from that and refer to your iPad or take notes during the session. After the first person goes, you should all just build off of each other so I would emphasize NOT over-preparing. Come in with a few 'highlights' of how you want to answer the question.

Oh wow 1-min pitch for your idea?! Glad I asked, would have been caught off-guard completely otherwise. As for the iPad, it really just sets me at ease knowing that I have something to refer to if I have a brain freeze, don't really plan to use it otherwise. Hmm I suppose people bring folios with them since we are asked to provide a copy of resume at 1-1? So it won't look terribly out-of-place if I happen to have a black gadget + folio with me?

On second thoughts, I was only worried about brain freezes if I had to talk non-stop for a longer time and give elaborate details about my idea. Since it's only gonna be 1-min I guess it will be more of an organic discussion, bouncing and critiquing ideas off one another. I'll should do away with the notes and iPad then! Thanks :wink:
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 19:54
Yes, you're in a room with only 5-6 people and expected to give a short answer so you would probably already be dead in the water in any scenario that required notes/an iPad. I'd highly suggest not relying on it.

Seems like there's a lot of confusion over the Wharton process. I'm happy to do mock interviews with people, PM if interested (warning, it won't be free though, I don't have that kind of time unfortunately).
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 02:29
Hello everyone,

How about the 10-15 min interview? What are the type of questions you were asked? Also, do you think the interviewer reads the candidate's app before?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 02:58
My interview is scheduled for March 11th. I have not received any of these so called "prompts"

When are you suppose to get these?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 06:26
conc88 wrote:
My interview is scheduled for March 11th. I have not received any of these so called "prompts"

I got the invite and the prompt on the same day.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.92
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 08:22
conc88 wrote:

You should have received an email titled, "PLEASE READ: Team-Based Discussion Confirmation and Logistics," shortly after you selected a spot. I would just call admissions if you never got it. I am also interviewing the 11th- good luck and see you there!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 08:21
Guys,
Do you think it is still necessary to write a thank-you note after TBD? For me it seems a bit odd to thank a person who most of the time sits in the corner of the room and does nothing in terms of interaction with the group...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 08:52
Expert's post
NorthernLights wrote:
Guys,
Do you think it is still necessary to write a thank-you note after TBD? For me it seems a bit odd to thank a person who most of the time sits in the corner of the room and does nothing in terms of interaction with the group...

Posted from my mobile device Image

He's still sitting there. A thank you never hurt anything. I recommend it.

Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Last edited by Accepted.com on 04 Mar 2013, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 15:25
Hi:

Any international candidates who have been admitted to Wharton in Round 1.

What forms etc. have you filed for Financial Aid? Do you need to file the CSS? How do you get a no cosigner loan?

Thanks
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 96

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 06:15
for r1 admits, when was your deposit due?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 18:10
Hey guys - curious if the R1 admit decisions all went out on one day or were they staggered like the interview invites?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 12:49
ps97 wrote:
Hey guys - curious if the R1 admit decisions all went out on one day or were they staggered like the interview invites?

They went out all on one day a few days before Christmas. R2 will be the same; 3/25, I think.

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

Current Student
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:38
DCNative wrote:
Just got the message thanking us for participating in the TBD and a few notes from the financial aid team regarding fellowships and financing the MBA...hopefully I'm putting some of those notes to use in the fall!

Three weeks until we know. Best of luck to everyone in Round 2. In the meantime, I've got a few bachelor parties to attend which should kill some days, and some brain cells.

Just got that message as well and came onto the board to figure out if anyone knew what was up with this email.

I mean, it is always nice to get more information, and Wharton has been great at keeping me updated. But the email was a bit strange, like - "Hey, just so you know, you don't actually have to apply separately for aid, so there's nothing for you to do right now, but just wanted to let you know it's avaliable!"

:P Maybe I'm just overanalyzing.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:45
Did not receive the followup. i think that may be a bad sign for me. :|

when did you guys interview?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:46
sethalex825 wrote:

Tuesday, February 19
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:54
Expert's post
sethalex825 wrote:

Pretty sure from R1, the followup email came a few weeks after you interviewed. If you interviewed earlier, you got the email earlier.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:58
aerien wrote:
sethalex825 wrote:

Pretty sure from R1, the followup email came a few weeks after you interviewed. If you interviewed earlier, you got the email earlier.

oh ok, thanks. i had mine last week. very sensitive to information these days. in full freak-out mode unfortunately hah
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 08:11
sethalex825 wrote:

Thursday, Feb 21st. So yes, it seems like there is a two week lag.
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 08:11