Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q V0
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 82 [4] , given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:34
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call from Wharton - I'M IN! From west coast of US.

OMG - now I have an incredibly, incredibly difficult decision to make!
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [4] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 09:11
This post received
KUDOS
I think HBS does it the best way, with a single email update for everybody at the same time.
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [4] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 10:32
This post received
KUDOS
This is ridiculous just email me already and let me know if i'm cutting a check to kellogg today or what
3 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 400 [3] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 05:22
This post received
KUDOS
mucki139 wrote:
One other thing that I find intimidating is the "Job Duties" description with about 1600 words space. What is Wharton looking here for? I dont want to repeat my resume.
Can we write somehow an essay about our accomplishments?

Hope some alumn or anyone related to wharton can help!
thanks

I applied to Wharton for class of 2014 and was admitted. I hope that qualifies me to answer this question. The Job Duties description is just that, your job duties. Were you responsible for running monthly reports, selling a certain product line, interfacing with another department, etc? These are the types of things that should be described in this 1600 CHARACTER space. If you are having trouble finding the right words simply look up your job description on your company's HR website.
This should not be a repeat of your resume as your resume should be focused on what you ACCOMPLISHED in each job. Did you boost revenue, cut costs, develop a new process, win an award for outstanding results? All of these things should go on your resume.

So in summary, the application is the space where you describe what you actually do for a living (it will give context as to the nature of your work), and the resume is where you highlight your achievements. HTH.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

3 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [3] , given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 08:04
This post received
KUDOS
All those who submitted an app in Round 1 would have received an email from the admissions team at Wharton. Main highlights:

1. Your status reads Complete - All material received by admissions team and app forwarded to committee for review (My status is Complete)
2. Your status reads Received - They are still processing your application or still waiting for official/hard copies you were to submit (eg: GMAT Score).
3. Over 60% of all applicants submitted their R1 apps within 24 hours of the deadline. Hence, the team may take some time to review your materials
4. Interview invitations will start going out on Oct 23rd and will continue till Nov 9th. You need to complete your interview by Nov 30th
5. Interviews on campus will be held by Second Year students, off campus will be done by adcom members
6. Those who are not invited for an interview by 9th November, will be released from the process
7. Final admit decisions will come by 5 PM Eastern Time on 20th Dec

Also, the email smartly incorporates the element 'assuming you submitted all your material by the deadline' or something to that effect. Means, if your recommender submitted late, you may be in trouble.

Hope the above is helpful. All the best everyone!

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 8 [3] , given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 15:45
This post received
KUDOS
I participated in today's Lauder chat. I am attaching the transcript in case any of you couldn't make it (don't mind the formatting, I wasn't about to change it).

They didn't mention anything about interview invites, other than there are some still waiting to be sent. Hope this helps!
Attachments

Lauder Institute Transcript.doc [612.5 KiB]
Downloaded 98 times

To download please login or register as a user

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [3] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 10:28
This post received
KUDOS
My link is gone but recommenders remain as well. I think you guys are over-speculating here. Only ~24 hours to go, no reason to panic at this point.
3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 07:37
This post received
KUDOS
Riniray wrote:
Well after all the rejections in the past week , not very hopeful .Congrats to all those who made it and those of us for whom the elusive phone call or email never came and the infamous status change mails arrived in their in-boxes every week , tough luck I guess :-( For me was my last chance and this is it I guess :-(

Don't give up unless you've received an official rejection. I don't care what time zone you're in. Some people never receive a phone call and get in (or waitlisted and later accepted). The calling process is handled by regular humans who don't do everything by a rational script. On Tuesday I watched post after post of people getting accepted to Chicago Booth while my phone sat silent. Finally got the call in the middle of the afternoon only to be offered a massive scholarship. It's not over til it's over.
3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
Azn84 wrote:
so I guess that't it.. they've made calls to the west coast too. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Wrong. I'm on the east coast and I received a call from Booth on Tuesday HOURS after west coast calls were being reported. The system is not perfect, there is not one person making ALL the calls. Multiple people are going down a call list and multiple people have names from different time zones. Some people get through calls faster than others.

You all way too defeatist. Stop giving up so early!!!
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 48 [3] , given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 08:27
This post received
KUDOS
Just got off the phone with Ankur. IN with a fellowship (exact same as Booth's)

(Los Angeles)

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [3] , given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
cognizant2001 wrote:
schumacher24 wrote:
cognizant2001 wrote:
No email here either :(

Any Indian applicants based in India received an invite today ?

Thanks,

I am an Indian applicant based out of India. I got an interview invite today. Good luck to all those waiting to hear from Wharton. Keep the faith guys ! There are 3-4 waves left.

Thanks for your response ! If possible, could you please let me know what dates are reserved for interviews in Mumbai and New Delhi ? I am a little concerned because of this group-discussion thing.

Thanks,

Mumbai, India March 4 - 5, 2013
New Delhi, India March 6 - 7, 2013
Timing: 12:30pm and 3:00pm
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41

Kudos [?]: 16 [3] , given: 57

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 18:38
This post received
KUDOS
jcording wrote:
Anyone know definitively if all domestic invites have gone out? Would there be any going out this week?

Yes there will be. For other members please don't create panic by saying that it's done for domestic candidate. We still have 2 more weeks to go before its done.
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.92
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [3] , given: 21

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 13:55
This post received
KUDOS
I have been hankering for a vacation; if they don't open up any more slots, Brazil here I come 8-)
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41

Kudos [?]: 16 [3] , given: 57

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 11:35
This post received
KUDOS
skbhagra wrote:
I think I got a teardrop in the corner of my eye today.

That's ok Man, pull yourself together ,there is always another year and other school. Don't let this beat you down. It's Whartons loss for not having us :)
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 48 [3] , given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 12:25
This post received
KUDOS
Accepted.com wrote:
googleguy wrote:
Also, is the 60 sec intro timed? Is it allowed to go over slightly?

Our clients have told us it's timed and has a hard stop at 1 minute.

Pretty much. Take whatever is in your interview prompt quite literally. In my experience, the school does not deviate.

The thing is (soapbox warning), however, that what they are looking for is something that you can't be taught. It is a snapshot into the person you have become up to this point; how you contribute to a team, how you persuade others, how you play with others in the sandbox...there is no strategy that can help someone who is bad at that; and no slip of the tongue will ruin the chances of someone who is good.

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [3] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:16
This post received
KUDOS
IN in NYC. Got the (215) call few minutes before 10am. Said to expect an email with more info in about 30 minutes, and that my online status wouldn't change until later today. Good luck everyone!
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [3] , given: 14

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:20
This post received
KUDOS
I know this got buried in the past 24 hours, but I wanted to rehash an earlier post for the nervous ones out there. I certainly was one of them at about this time three months ago.

--

On the day the decisions are released, admitted students will start getting calls in the morning (eastern time). There seems to be little correlation with calls, except that I believe international applicants often get calls earlier than domestic ones (that's an observation, not necessarily a fact). Domestic applicants started getting calls around 8-8:30 a.m. eastern time (again, an observation, not necessarily a fact). I am on the east coast and I got a call just past 11 a.m. - so don't read too much into timing, especially if you're in the States.

The calls came from admissions officers as well as the second-year admissions fellows. At least as far as the fellows are concerned, they don't get a list of whom to call until the day of, and they get it at different times, depending on their availability. The status changed around noon (I got an email at 12:11 p.m.) the day of, and I believe some people who got in had not gotten the call before that happened.

Good luck, everyone!
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [3] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:38
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call around 15m ago (7:20am PST) from San Francisco

Posted from my mobile device Image
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [3] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 07:08
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call! I'm in San Francisco. Finally I can relax!
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 25 [3] , given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 10:20
This post received
KUDOS
Notification process: Another reason why HBS gets mad props than Wharton...
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2013, 10:20