Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.36
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Congrats guys, great going!

Any invites from india, specifically delhi? Can anyone tell me how many slots there are for Delhi per the scheduler?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
str1der wrote:
Any invites from india, specifically delhi? Can anyone tell me how many slots there are for Delhi per the scheduler?

I got an invite today. Strangely enough, Delhi slots were full (3 slots - 9.30 AM, 1 PM, 3.30 PM on Nov-09) but Mumbai slots (3 slots x 3 days 06-08 Nov = 9 slots) were hardly full (only 1 slot out of the 9 was full). I booked for Mumbai right now even though I stay in Delhi.

Does anyone know when we'll get the TBD topics?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

Anyone from Korea got an invitation? Can you please check the available interview slots in Seoul? Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
c00guy wrote:
str1der wrote:

I got an invite today. Strangely enough, Delhi slots were full (3 slots - 9.30 AM, 1 PM, 3.30 PM on Nov-09) but Mumbai slots (3 slots x 3 days 06-08 Nov = 9 slots) were hardly full (only 1 slot out of the 9 was full). I booked for Mumbai right now even though I stay in Delhi.

Note that each slot is for the group interview, so multiple people sign up for each time slot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Jorbal wrote:
c00guy wrote:
str1der wrote:

Note that each slot is for the group interview, so multiple people sign up for each time slot.

Jorbal - have you got an invite as well?

Delhi seems fully booked while Mumbai is quite empty. Which means that invites from the Delhi area will have to travel to Mumbai now. Interesting ... Not that I mind if it gets me to Wharton of course :) I dont however fully understand the logic of only one day in Delhi but three in Mumbai. last year it was 2 days in each city if I remember correctly. Oh well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
str1der wrote:

Delhi seems fully booked while Mumbai is quite empty. Which means that invites from the Delhi area will have to travel to Mumbai now. Interesting ... Not that I mind if it gets me to Wharton of course :) I dont however fully understand the logic of only one day in Delhi but three in Mumbai. last year it was 2 days in each city if I remember correctly. Oh well!

Not yet, but it'd be awfully tough to do a group interview with just one person :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Jorbal wrote:
str1der wrote:

Not yet, but it'd be awfully tough to do a group interview with just one person :-D

I would be happy to join in bro :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
When do they start calling sub-700 score applicants? Never :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2015
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Jorbal wrote:
str1der wrote:

I would be happy to join in bro :)

You got the invite str1der?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Have many people from Mumbai have already gotten invites? Beginning to feel pessimistic about my chances..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Bschoolapps2012 and others,

Don't give up:-) I'm also waiting anxiously for an invitation and as mentioned here before, even by the Adcom - they keep sending it to the very last moment.

I don't think you can guess anything regarding your status based on other applicants from your city/country/sector/profession, or other parameters such as GMAT score.

We just have to sit and wait and keep it happy for those who did get invited :-)

Good luck to us all!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '15
Send PM
I was invited yesterday but cannot seem to actually register for an interview. when I log in and click "My Events" under the "Events" section, it tells me I have no events. Using the search also yields no events.

Am I alone with this problem?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
skmartina wrote:

You got the invite str1der?

Nope - I was just carrying on the joke that Jorbal started. How I wish your words were true ... :(

Dates for Mumbai are Nov 6-8. A week's notice should be the bare minimum that Wharton should give to arrange for travel (Tuck follows this practice). Hence, people in India should expect invites today and tomorrow, max day after. If I don't have an invite by tomorrow, I would definitely be highly pessimistic about my chances.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

Don't give up:-) I'm also waiting anxiously for an invitation and as mentioned here before, even by the Adcom - they keep sending it to the very last moment.

I don't think you can guess anything regarding your status based on other applicants from your city/country/sector/profession, or other parameters such as GMAT score.

We just have to sit and wait and keep it happy for those who did get invited :-)

Good luck to us all!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Couldn't agree more, although I too waver between pessimism and optimism. However, the 'waiting until the last minute' part won't apply if you are to be interviewed off campus, in a location that the adcom is visiting. Depending on interview dates in hub cities, you can get an idea of by when (max 1 week before the interview date) you should hear from Wharton
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
str1der wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:

Good luck to us all!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Couldn't agree more, although I too waver between pessimism and optimism. However, the 'waiting until the last minute' part won't apply if you are to be interviewed off campus, in a location that the adcom is visiting. Depending on interview dates in hub cities, you can get an idea of by when (max 1 week before the interview date) you should hear from Wharton

Thanks, everyone! Str1der - does Tuck conduct interviews in Mumbai? I was under the impression that all interviews were on-campus.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
str1der wrote:
However, the 'waiting until the last minute' part won't apply if you are to be interviewed off campus, in a location that the adcom is visiting. Depending on interview dates in hub cities, you can get an idea of by when (max 1 week before the interview date) you should hear from Wharton

Am I missing something here?
Where can you see the available dates for interviews, even before you get invited?

Assuming I'll get it, my TBD should be in London.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
str1der wrote:
However, the 'waiting until the last minute' part won't apply if you are to be interviewed off campus, in a location that the adcom is visiting. Depending on interview dates in hub cities, you can get an idea of by when (max 1 week before the interview date) you should hear from Wharton

Am I missing something here?
Where can you see the available dates for interviews, even before you get invited?

Assuming I'll get it, my TBD should be in London.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Not available publicly. Posted by someone who was invited to interview.

CITY DATE
Mumbai, India November 6 - 8, 2012
New Delhi, India November 9, 2012
Mexico City, Mexico November 12 - 13, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil November 15 - 16, 2012
Shanghai, China November 12 - 15, 2012
Seoul, South Korea November 9, 2012
Singapore November 14 -16, 2012
Tokyo, Japan November 12, 2012
London, United Kingdom November 12 -15, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates November 19 - 20, 2012
San Francisco, California November 12 -16, 2012