Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
lennoxRU wrote:
Truegmat wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:
Yes I was also sick of all these speculations. Nothing is official yet ,results are still coming and official last date is 23rd then how can anybody say that now domestic candidates will not get any invite ,it's just too mean and callous. Lot is riding for lot of people and people just refrain from making these careless remarks.

Calm down, princess. Its obvious there will be more invites. The only person who panics here is you.

"princess"? really? esp coming from someone creating formulas to guesstimate chances based on spec...

from your previous post...
Chances of receiving an invite=x*0+(1-x)*S

x=# of candidates reviewed by adcom by this moment/# of applicants
S - stands for success rate - how you estimate your overall chances of receiving an invite, before adcom started sending invites
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
People really need to calm down. I was one of the guilty parties who thought the domestic invites were basically done, but after talking to round 1 admits, I realized that I was totally off base. Several domestic admits from round 1 told me that they did not get invites until the very last week. Adcom creates more slots as they give out interviews. Also, there is NO correlation between when you get an interview and the strength of your application.

Having said that, I totally understand why people are so nervous right now, especially with booth's mid-decision date tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [2]
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Got the invite! Never have I been so happy to see an e-mail come through! A bit on my background:

West Coast of US, applied on 1/3 (like 30 minutes before the deadline)
Hispanic Female, 25 y/o
Strategy Consulting at a large firm (international focus), 4 years work experience at matriculation
3.55 GPA, 680 GMAT (verbal kicked the pants off my quant score though)

Basically, I'm providing this to let you know that there's hope for people without stratospheric GMAT scores, especially if you have good work experience, recommendations, extracurriculars, and something interesting in your essays. Don't worry or speculate about if it's "all over" yet. It's not. There are still 10 days left. Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
I got the invite Tuesday afternoon; funnily enough, it was the one afternoon when I turned all my devices off and went for a long walk. I was actually thinking through my contingency plans if I didn't get into any of the programs I applied to. Whaddya know :)

Submitted App: 01/02/13
Interview Invite: 02/12/13
Turnaround: 41 days
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [2]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Shawshank wrote:
Take this with a grain of salt, but a 2nd year Wharton student told me that invites are done. This person though is NOT on the student adcom so totally possible that he is mistaken. Either way, I do think it's safe to assume that around 80% of the invites have gone out for round 2.

Best of luck to everyone.

So if this person is likely not a credible source who is anywhere near the admissions process why would you post rumor/speculation from them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
There's still almost a month left in the potential interview period - I would not give up hope by any means.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second.I will not check my application status every 2 minute, I will not check gmat club forum every damn second. :twisted:

:twisted:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
After looking through last year's round 2 posts, there were a few invites among all the dings. Let's hope it's the same this year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [2]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
Dinged.

This is bullshit. I visited 3+ times. I have a interview at NYU, Columbia, and Yale and I'm not even invited to interview at Wharton? Wow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
SauravD wrote:
Truegmat wrote:
Dinged, damn ou WHarton!!! It stings more then I thought. So what's the choice of drinks for my fellow Dingenions. Mine is vey bitter black coffee.

Dinged. second in a row. Thanks for reminding me about coffee. I am going for one too!

Dinged. Don't forget to pair that coffee with a big fat muffin. Carbs help during these times.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
contraidentukl wrote:
mth1214 wrote:
Dinged...can't say I'm surprised, but I was optimistic given the results of my other applications so far. I'm curious whether others also had less luck with Wharton. My results are below.

Haas - Admitted
Booth - Invited to interview; final decision pending
Kellogg - Interviewed (although Kellogg interviews everyone); final decision pending

At least my decision to head to the west coast became a little easier. Best of luck to those interviewing.

What do you want to do post-MBA? If you want to work in tech or live on the West Coast, Haas is your best bet. Take it for what it is worth, I lived in Chicago for a few years, and I live in San Francisco now. San Francisco (The Bay Area) is by far the superior city.

I beg to differ, sir. Chicago is America's greatest city, bar none.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ijustlovela wrote:
Ding...
Time to forget about east coast.

But you love LA, so you should be fine :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
leodondon wrote:
nickey11 wrote:
Does anyone know whether they let you bring your research note into the discussion room? Since you have done research on each topic they have given... Wanted to know if they want you to remember it in your head or u can bring that note..

Same question here, anyone from R1 can share a bit?

I already interviewed, from my experience it would look very odd to bring notes - should all just be by memory. Also, people say where they worked if its a place others would know (ie Bain) and if not they characterized it (ie 'middle market PE shop in NY') Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
leodondon wrote:
nickey11 wrote:
Does anyone know whether they let you bring your research note into the discussion room? Since you have done research on each topic they have given... Wanted to know if they want you to remember it in your head or u can bring that note..

Same question here, anyone from R1 can share a bit?

I interviewed last week and saw people who brought notes in and people who didn't. But main idea is to engage with the discussion at hand, so even if you do bring notes in, realize that you are probably not going to use it after the very beginning. I did not find the conversation difficult enough that I felt that I needed my notes.

If it makes you feel more prepared, then go ahead and bring them in. But don't focus on reading the notes to the detriment of having a conversation with your group, because that definitely won't reflect well on you.

My $0.02
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
googleguy wrote:
Also, is the 60 sec intro timed? Is it allowed to go over slightly?

it's not timed. The assessors just tell you to go. their only other input is to tell you how much time you have left a couple of times (20 minutes left, 10 minutes left)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
fromchicago wrote:
I had couple of quick questions:

- At the group discussion, do people divulge which company they work for?
- Does the one-on-one interviewer read your application beforehand? or is it a blind interview?

Thanks.

1) Yes; though my group did it in the informal discussion we had prior to the interview
2) Technically its blind, but if you interview internationally or in SF you will be with an admissions committee member who will have seen your application and voted to get you to that point.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bulls011 wrote:
Just finished the interview. I think it went just ok. I didn't get to speak a lot in the start and tried to make up for it at the end.

Did anyone get it in Round1 after feeling like the interview went just so-so? Curious to hear thoughts as in our group of 6 it was initially difficult to some airtime especially early-on.

Thanks!

I thought my group discussion and interview went well, but I was in a group with people who's group discussion (I didn't see their one on one's) was just so-so who got in. Remember that everyone does not walk into the interview round as equals. Some people already have breaking room due to their GMAT, grades, extras, essays, unique perspective or what have you. IMO, being a good contributor without obvious weaknesses is a better bet than swinging for the fences. Have confidence in your performance and let what will be, be.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts