Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 09:49
enriqueaguilarf wrote:
Has anyone applying to Wharton MBA/Harvard Kennedy School dual degree received an interview invite??

enriqueaguilarf,

I had applied to the dual degree and haven't heard anything so far. As an Indian applicant, it is difficult to be optimistic any longer.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 11:09
Hey, anyone who had the interview already cares to share the experience please? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:52
mb031182zy wrote:
I am still hopping that like last week they's send out invitations today.. for far the pattern had been clear.... I guess we'll know in a couple of more minutes... from 4.00 - 4.30 EST...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...

Has anyone's application status changed yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q41 V50
GPA: 3.89

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:03
invitation!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT.......... :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:05
madknife wrote:
invitation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jajajjaajjajajaa!! good one...
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:07
mb031182zy wrote:
madknife wrote:
invitation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jajajjaajjajajaa!! good one...

haha
oh well, like i said before, i really don't think i'm still in the mix anymore... so might as well have some fun here!
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:40
I gave Wharton my best set of essays. They better have a nice present for me tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. No ding, no ding, no ding, stop!
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:42
Dbalks wrote:
I gave Wharton my best set of essays. They better have a nice present for me tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. No ding, no ding, no ding, stop!

hahaha
so did i. thought there is no way that i would be denied without an interview... but that's not how life works...
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:45
@madknife chill with the negativity! They said November 9. Give them until then.

Maybe they are just so impressed they are trying to decide if they should admit you without an interview ;)!
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 13:54
MrAlpaca wrote:
@madknife chill with the negativity! They said November 9. Give them until then.

Maybe they are just so impressed they are trying to decide if they should admit you without an interview ;)!

haha
realism is often confused with pessimism
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not!
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 14:03
madknife wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:

haha
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not!

No. I calculate around 50 in our pool of 200 coming in tomorrow.

Wharton accepts 40% of interviewees. Implying that they interview 1200/.4=3000 or half the people that apply. We have 200 of us who submitted in round 1 and 50 have heard/updated their profile. Also, this assumes that we are an average distribution of candidates... we aren't. The people in this forum are probably the top candidates (GMAT average is well above general Wharton average) so more than 50 tomorrow would not shock me.

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 14:09
MrAlpaca wrote:
madknife wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:

haha

Wharton accepts 40% of interviewees. Implying that they interview 1200/.4=3000 or half the people that apply. We have 200 of us who submitted in round 1 and 50 have heard/updated their profile. Also, this assumes that we are an average distribution of candidates... we aren't. The people in this forum are probably the top candidates (GMAT average is well above general Wharton average) so more than 50 tomorrow would not shock me.

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...

not that either of us can claim to know what we are talking about... but just to kill time and have some fun while we wait...
1) i adjusted for the % of international applicants (we have 66% here vs. 32% avg as per original post)
2) since we are still in the shadow of the election... i'm gonna fact check your gmat claim... as per OP, it appears that we have slightly higher average gmat, the same 80% gmat range, but slightly lower gpa... so it's all awash for me...
3) this is completely subjective and neither of us will be able to convince the other, but i really don't think the "top" applicants need to be on this forum... :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 14:21
haha
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not![/quote]

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...[/quote]

not that either of us can claim to know what we are talking about... but just to kill time and have some fun while we wait...
1) i adjusted for the % of international applicants (we have 66% here vs. 32% avg as per original post)
2) since we are still in the shadow of the election... i'm gonna fact check your gmat claim... as per OP, it appears that we have slightly higher average gmat, the same 80% gmat range, but slightly lower gpa... so it's all awash for me...
3) this is completely subjective and neither of us will be able to convince the other, but i really don't think the "top" applicants need to be on this forum... :)[/quote]

Top applicants are probably top applicants because they are neurotic... people like us (otherwise stated, people in this forum!).

We know nothing, but rather than wallow in my own filth and depression for the next 24 hours, I am going to do anything and everything I can to keep my life going forward. And hey, when numbers skew your way, you're gonna grab on to that!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 14:27
MrAlpaca wrote:
We know nothing, but rather than wallow in my own filth and depression for the next 24 hours, I am going to do anything and everything I can to keep my life going forward. And hey, when numbers skew your way, you're gonna grab on to that!!

Yep. Can't disagree with that.
Good Luck and Have Fun.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 16:52
Lets all hope for the best tomorrow!

Just one quick fact (fact?!?!) for those still awake: If you take a look at the forum stats for Chicago Booth, 40% (forty!) of the applicants updated their status to invited to interview. If you look at Wharton, on the other hand, 26% have the same status. I was wondering reasons for the difference between the schools and the one that I like the most is that there is still one wave of invites to go out for wharton!

Thinking about it, I think I can sleep a little better. good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 16:55
fcbr2015 wrote:
Lets all hope for the best tomorrow!

Just one quick fact (fact?!?!) for those still awake: If you take a look at the forum stats for Chicago Booth, 40% (forty!) of the applicants updated their status to invited to interview. If you look at Wharton, on the other hand, 26% have the same status. I was wondering reasons for the difference between the schools and the one that I like the most is that there is still one wave of invites to go out for wharton!

Thinking about it, I think I can sleep a little better. good luck to you all!

yep. actually, if you look at the wharton thread from last year, 46% of applicants on this forum were interviewed! (that said, the same thread also indicated that 143% of applicants were internationals... so don't know if we should trust it that much) so unless something went horribly wrong this year, there should be more coming tomorrow.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 17:24
are you guys 100% sure tomorrow is the last day for getting an invitation?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:06
theac wrote:
are you guys 100% sure tomorrow is the last day for getting an invitation?

never be 100% sure about anything
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:51
so was Nov 9th mentioned anywhere officially as the last day?
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:53
theac wrote:
so was Nov 9th mentioned anywhere officially as the last day?

Yes they said you will find out by November 9 either way. October 8 they sent out an email detailing it.
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2012, 18:53