Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 13:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Wharton MBA Candidate
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:28
W2013 wrote:
smophiee wrote:
mbaover30 wrote:
Just got off the phone with Ankur. IN with a fellowship (exact same as Booth's)

(Los Angeles)


Congrats! Have been following your blog. You are killin' it!!



I got in as well!!!!:) Got a call at 8.01 am. No info about scholarship or fellowship though.


So happy for you! Wasn't our discussion group the best? And you and I had the same idea for our issue as well. Great minds think alike! Though I must admit, you took the wind out of me momentarily when you went first and starting talking about the same issue that I was looking at. Good thing I did enough research to add more points to your points! lol.
_________________

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:29
BigRedMBA wrote:
To everyone still in the hunt, just keep on truckin'. I got waitlisted at HBS, rejected at Kellogg, and in with a fellowship at Wharton! This whole process is a crapshoot...just keep trying! "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge


Those that got a fellowship with their acceptance, any idea the maximum amount they're offering?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Wharton MBA Candidate
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:30
BigRedMBA wrote:
Wharton Class of 2015!!!!! Got a call at 9:50am but missed it. Got an email about 30 minutes ago. Shoutout to MBAOVER30 been following your blog all along, can't wait to meet you at admitted students weekend or during pre-term!


Likewise big red!
_________________

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Wharton MBA Candidate
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:32
youngr wrote:
Special thanks to mbaover30 and cheetarah. I'm a MEGA lurker. I'm not the genius content creators you guys (and many others on this forum are), but I loved reading your stories and explanations. Congrats mbaover30 - great news on Booth and Wharton.

To everyone else, my call was from a current student who was based in Philly but who was tasked with calling San Francisco applicants. He did mention that I was the very last call he would be making. So, I'm not sure what that means exactly. I would think that there are still calls going out all over the place to all parts of the country, though. It's definitely not a centralized, systematic, time-zone by time-zone effort.


Thanks lots and CONGRATS !
_________________

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 07:06
Any applicants to the new Global Track at lauder and got accepted? That's a new track and it would be interesting to know about the applicants and acceptances.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 145
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 18:40
any HCM admits?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 21
Location: United States (MA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 18:48
RoyHalladay wrote:
any HCM admits?


here!i think there are a few others on this thread also.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Wharton '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 01:44
Any R2 Lauder applicants? I'd be happy to answer any of your questions as best I can.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 233
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 38

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 02:59
I'm in and plan to attend the welcome weekend. Does anyone know whether Wharton would negotiate a discounted rate with selected hotels in Philly for us?

I am based in Beijing and travel to Hong Kong sometimes. If you are in one of these areas please feel free to msg me!

Look forward to seeing you soon. Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 13:47
Hey guys, I am a R2 applicant and have a quick question.

I discovered the following information on the website: "Please upload a one-page resume in Word"

Does it me that the resume has to be in the MS WORD so doc, or docx format? Or am I completely misinterpreting it?

Many thanks for your help!
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 08:38
Expert's post
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, I am a R2 applicant and have a quick question.

I discovered the following information on the website: "Please upload a one-page resume in Word"

Does it me that the resume has to be in the MS WORD so doc, or docx format? Or am I completely misinterpreting it?

Many thanks for your help!


That's exactly what it means!

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 08:58
aerien wrote:
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, I am a R2 applicant and have a quick question.

I discovered the following information on the website: "Please upload a one-page resume in Word"

Does it me that the resume has to be in the MS WORD so doc, or docx format? Or am I completely misinterpreting it?

Many thanks for your help!


That's exactly what it means!

Posted from my mobile device Image[/quote

Many thanks. What about all the other document? pdf ? I mean for essays and recommendation letters!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 100
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 10:45
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, I am a R2 applicant and have a quick question.

I discovered the following information on the website: "Please upload a one-page resume in Word"

Does it me that the resume has to be in the MS WORD so doc, or docx format? Or am I completely misinterpreting it?

Many thanks for your help!


Where does it say that the resume should be in Word only? Here is the text from the application for the resume:

Please upload your resume, one page only. (This is in addition to completing the fields above.)


To upload a document in response to this question, please click the 'upload' button below. If your upload is successful, you will see a 'view document' button and a 'delete' button appear next to the question.


To view the current document you've uploaded, click on the 'view document' button below. To remove an uploaded document, please click on the 'delete' button below.


When you click "upload" it gives you the option of uploading in multiple formats (the same text as the essays prompt).
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 129
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 12:03
Submit a PDF - no formatting issues.
Kellogg Thread Master
User avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 143
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 74

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 23:30
Guys can I include 'networking' as something as something I'd like to do in that 'work-free hours essay?
_________________

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 129
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 23:57
finmaster wrote:
Guys can I include 'networking' as something as something I'd like to do in that 'work-free hours essay?


I would say no - I'd use the essay to talk about something unique that you are passionate about. But, I was not a fan of that essay prompt so I didn't answer it.
Kellogg Thread Master
User avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 143
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 74

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 00:54
scleraxis wrote:
finmaster wrote:
Guys can I include 'networking' as something as something I'd like to do in that 'work-free hours essay?


I would say no - I'd use the essay to talk about something unique that you are passionate about. But, I was not a fan of that essay prompt so I didn't answer it.


Well, here's the deal - I'm stuck.

I've written the Essay 1 and I've prepared the material and story for the 'Knowledge for action' essay. I'm going to illustrate a professional success here.

Now I have to choose between 'pick one wharton course/activity' and '3 work-free hours' essays and I'm simply clueless.

Here are my questions:

1. Apropos the 'pick one wharton course/activity' essay - It's 500 words! Even if I zeroed in on one particular activity or club that I'd be interested in, there's still way too less info available on internet about it. How am I gonna fill the space?

2. Apropos the '3 work-free hours' essay - I'd honestly use those 3 hours for networking, are you sure I can't show that?

Regards
_________________

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 100
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 07:12
finmaster wrote:

Well, here's the deal - I'm stuck.

I've written the Essay 1 and I've prepared the material and story for the 'Knowledge for action' essay. I'm going to illustrate a professional success here.

Now I have to choose between 'pick one wharton course/activity' and '3 work-free hours' essays and I'm simply clueless.

Here are my questions:

1. Apropos the 'pick one wharton course/activity' essay - It's 500 words! Even if I zeroed in on one particular activity or club that I'd be interested in, there's still way too less info available on internet about it. How am I gonna fill the space?

2. Apropos the '3 work-free hours' essay - I'd honestly use those 3 hours for networking, are you sure I can't show that?

Regards


finmaster, regarding the course/activity essay, while it is true that it doesn't take too much space to specify one particular activity or course, you also have to talk about why it matters to you. Talking about the course and explaining the reason(s) for selecting that course should easily get you to 500 words.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 07:55
finmaster wrote:
scleraxis wrote:
finmaster wrote:
Guys can I include 'networking' as something as something I'd like to do in that 'work-free hours essay?


I would say no - I'd use the essay to talk about something unique that you are passionate about. But, I was not a fan of that essay prompt so I didn't answer it.


Well, here's the deal - I'm stuck.

I've written the Essay 1 and I've prepared the material and story for the 'Knowledge for action' essay. I'm going to illustrate a professional success here.

Now I have to choose between 'pick one wharton course/activity' and '3 work-free hours' essays and I'm simply clueless.

Here are my questions:

1. Apropos the 'pick one wharton course/activity' essay - It's 500 words! Even if I zeroed in on one particular activity or club that I'd be interested in, there's still way too less info available on internet about it. How am I gonna fill the space?

2. Apropos the '3 work-free hours' essay - I'd honestly use those 3 hours for networking, are you sure I can't show that?

Regards

In the course/activity essay, this is where you can shine. Show Wharton that you've taken the time to really research the school, come up with what it is exactly that you're looking to get out of it, why its important, and how will you do it. Not sure if you have had a chance to speak with current students, or even better, visit campus/a Wharton event? But if you have, this would be a great place to weave it in. From my 3 essays (I choose the course/activity and the Knowledge for Action topics), this is probably my most powerful because I:
1) Show that I've done a lot of homework on the school
2) Talk about my visit to the campus; name people I met who are part of the club I am interested in
3) Discuss how and why this particular event/club is important to me and my future career
4) Demonstrate how I could contribute to Wharton in a unique way through this club

Hopefully you can follow that guideline. Good luck.

Also, I agree with the posters above: networking is probably not the best topic, unless you can make it VERY powerful...I'm not sure how you would do that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 10:19
TR12281 wrote:
Any R2 Lauder applicants? I'd be happy to answer any of your questions as best I can.


What was the Lauder interview like? Also, did you end up filling 1,000 words for both essays?
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2012, 10:19
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
460 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1614 25 Apr 2012, 00:55
Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton Exec 2013 - Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 09:00
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 126 01 Jan 2013, 18:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  81    Next  [ 1615 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.