Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 20:24
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
SecondMBA wrote:
mayank1009 wrote:
Got the interview invitation today...Indian applicant: GMAT 760, IIT-Delhi graduate, 2.5 years of work experience

Can someone give an update on % of slots filled up in Mumbai and New Delhi ?

I'm assuming that's a reasonable representative of % of invites gone out.

Well, for the on-campus interview dates there are about 30 total groups/interview dates shown and only 4 that have not filled up completely. However, as I was probably one of the first to signup for my interview (all dates were available when I logged in 3 days ago), I do not recall there being so many interview dates. My guess is that the Wharton AdComs have added new slots after the first few started to fill up. This leads me to believe that its very possible more invites will go out and more slots will be created.

So my friend confirmed that there's about 27-30 on-campus interview groups, but they all fell within 14-18 Feb which is a little odd. However there are also around 8-10 interview groups held at the SF campus that are interspersed throughout the interview period (till March), along with other international locations.

I hope this means that there could be more on-campus interview dates opening up later, because I can't fathom why they would cluster all of them over a long weekend. At the same time, we are looking at 35-40 groups x 5-6 slots per group = 175 - 240 domestic slots that are virtually all filled. That does sound like a pretty high number but not quite enough to fill a R2 domestic class I hope?

Suppose half of them get accepted, of which 70% enrolled, we are only looking at 60-85 domestic students enrolled from R2? I think the number should be considerably higher given that there are around 0.65*850=550 students in each class that are based in the States (of which I'm guessing at least half must have applied in R2). So I guess moral of the story is, let's not lose hope yet!

I wish Wharton would just release all decisions on the same day like Booth though so that I won't be wasting time on guesstimates. I'm not even trying to be a consultant! :roll:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 07:02
I don't think on campus interviews are limited only to domestic applicants. I am a candidate from Russia, but will participate in a on-campus interview if invited. So there will definitely be some more slots.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 07:29
All,

I guess it's obvious now that free slots are added throughout invite sending process. I guess it's done specifically to prevent overload in very hot locations; I guess these locations are on-campus, India, something else maybe.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 11:03
No 'waves' huh :roll:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 73

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 12:00
This post received
KUDOS
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, who were admitted in round 1, do you have any tips for the group discussions? Any help is much appreciated.

1) Prepare, prepare, prepare for both topics. Have a good number of data points so that you can speak intelligently.
2) Be nice
3) Don't be SO nice that there is no conversation

If you do those 3 things, you'll be fine. I don't want to say too much, but trust me as simplistic as they sound those will serve you VERY WELL if you execute each. Sorry that I cannot provide more detail; don't want to upset admissions.

===============
2015 Wharton MBA Candidate
http://www.mbaover30.com - Affordable MBA Admissions Consulting

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 12:16
mbaover30 wrote:
BankerRUS wrote:
Hey guys, who were admitted in round 1, do you have any tips for the group discussions? Any help is much appreciated.

1) Prepare, prepare, prepare for both topics. Have a good number of data points so that you can speak intelligently.
2) Be nice

If you do those 3 things, you'll be fine. I don't want to say too much, but trust me as simplistic as they sound those will serve you VERY WELL if you execute each. Sorry that I cannot provide more detail; don't want to upset admissions.

Prepare how? Are you expected to support your assertions with personal anecdotes, facts / trends, or both?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Wharton '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 15:15
This post received
KUDOS
aminor78 wrote:
mbaover30 wrote:
BankerRUS wrote:

2) Be nice

Prepare how? Are you expected to support your assertions with personal anecdotes, facts / trends, or both?

Yes, of course. If you think that the answer to world hunger is XYZ and you share with the group how you have worked on XYZ or you know a great deal about the history of XYZ then you will be in a good position. You want to leave the admissions fellows feeling that your being in the group added something to the conversation.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 17:35
This post received
KUDOS
I disagree on it requiring preparation. You'll build off each other's ideas, just come up with a decent answer for each prompt. It was very obvious who prepared a speech in my group and it came off as a canned response.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 19:26
Hello all - any idea about how many spots left in Singapore ?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 00:22
mbaover30 wrote:
BankerRUS wrote:

2) Be nice

Preparation got more difficult for Round 2 in my opinion. The questions are more sophisticated for round 2 TBD!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 32

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
anyone else stalking their own email accounts? this wait for an invite is unbearable..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 7

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 09:42
MBAcm2013 wrote:
anyone else stalking their own email accounts? this wait for an invite is unbearable..

it looks like last week the invites went out at 1:30 ET....
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
equestrian wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:

it looks like last week the invites went out at 1:30 ET....

Just got an interview invite via email!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 09:48
Status changed online but no email!! Can they change their minds? I took a screen shot just in case!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 09:50
Just got an interview via email. Looks like the on-campus slots are restricted to before Feb. 20th, which is not a whole lot of notice...I may call the admissions office to ask if they plan to open additional ones.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 6

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:02
This post received
KUDOS
just got the invite!!
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:09
aminor78 wrote:
Just got an interview via email. Looks like the on-campus slots are restricted to before Feb. 20th, which is not a whole lot of notice...I may call the admissions office to ask if they plan to open additional ones.

Let us know if you do end up speaking with the admissions office.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 12

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:12
This post received
KUDOS
Got invite few mins ago!

I had determined that I would never go to my application accounts to check status, just wait for emails. But 30 mins ago, for some reason I had the "what the heck" feeling and thus logged in to "just face it". Bam! "Blah blah... Invited to interview... Blah blah... Updated on Feb 5th..."
Seems that my account was updated just a minute before, because the Wharton email comes 30 mins after I got the news. My instinct works quite well doesn't it? :)
Those who hasn't got an invite yet, just sits tight, mr.+30 advised that we gotta believe we will get it, I trust him!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 2.96
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:22
Hi Guys!

Congratulation to everyone who got an invite!

I am one of the fortunate ones too!

The invitation email asks us to login onto a hobsons page using our application credentials. But when I try to login, Hobsons throws an error that something wrong has happened and they will get back to me!

Anyone else facing this problem?

I am edgy as coz of the previous msgs saying the slots are filling up fast!

:-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 10:28
theblueknight wrote:
Hi Guys!

Congratulation to everyone who got an invite!

I am one of the fortunate ones too!

The invitation email asks us to login onto a hobsons page using our application credentials. But when I try to login, Hobsons throws an error that something wrong has happened and they will get back to me!

Anyone else facing this problem?

I am edgy as coz of the previous msgs saying the slots are filling up fast!

:-)

Just got the invite as well. Indian based in Singapore. I faced the same problem a while back with Mozilla but it worked fine after i switched to Chrome. The slots are filling up really fast. Hurry up!
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 10:28