Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 14:50
Azn84 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
So just to play the speculation game (coz i am tired of waiting around)... according the facebook.. there are 640 members as of now.. as compared to 960 in class of 2014 and 900 in class of 2013... so another ~300 or so spots... makes me feel better :)

# down to 625 as the payment deadline came around... yaay more spots!

up to 652...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 10:07
Azn84 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
So just to play the speculation game (coz i am tired of waiting around)... according the facebook.. there are 640 members as of now.. as compared to 960 in class of 2014 and 900 in class of 2013... so another ~300 or so spots... makes me feel better :)

# down to 625 as the payment deadline came around... yaay more spots!

up to 652...

Ok this is up to 739 now... how many do they take round 3? i would have guessed at least 300~350

Last edited by Azn84 on 17 Apr 2013, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 18:01
I had a financial aid question for people. I am currently accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at Wharton. Does anyone know how far along we are supposed to go with our financial aid process at another school if we are staying on the waitlist at Wharton? Are we supposed to accept our financial aid package?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 08:59
dcapplicant1212 wrote:
I had a financial aid question for people. I am currently accepted elsewhere and waitlisted at Wharton. Does anyone know how far along we are supposed to go with our financial aid process at another school if we are staying on the waitlist at Wharton? Are we supposed to accept our financial aid package?


I called the school I got a financial aid package from and asked when the deadline is to accept (so I could review some of the loan options), and they said that it's not until June or something. So maybe call your school and see when the deadline is? Hopefully it's after when you hear from Wharton
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 12:27
Please add me to the R2 WL as well.

I just registered so I can commiserate with my fellow WLers. I have a friend who is attending Wharton, who confirms that we might need to wait until July to hear a definitive answer, as the deadline to accept and pay the deposit is not until June.

At this point, if I am not taken off the Wharton WL I will have to reapply to business schools in Round 1 of the upcoming cycle.

Best of luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 07:58
EvoX83 wrote:
Please add me to the R2 WL as well.

I just registered so I can commiserate with my fellow WLers. I have a friend who is attending Wharton, who confirms that we might need to wait until July to hear a definitive answer, as the deadline to accept and pay the deposit is not until June.

At this point, if I am not taken off the Wharton WL I will have to reapply to business schools in Round 1 of the upcoming cycle.

Best of luck to everyone.


Admissions office informed me that they will have a response to me by May 3. I am guessing most of you received the same answer from them? I got accepted to Stern for Summer Start so I cannot even afford to wait until June. If they do not give me a definitive answer I will tell them I am considering going to Stern. Is that a common thing to do to get the admissions office to make a decision sooner?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 10:11
If anyone has any updates whatsoever, please post as a public service message.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 02:03
Since I know of people who were accepted off R1 waitlist before the R2 decisions were sent out, I was wondering whether there have been similar admits before the May 3 decision date ...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 04:41
hern007 wrote:
If anyone has any updates whatsoever, please post as a public service message.


Haven't heard anything on my end
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 18:21
is anyone able to see how many members are there in the facebook group? I am wondering if i've been blocked :o
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 02:01
Azn84 wrote:
is anyone able to see how many members are there in the facebook group? I am wondering if i've been blocked :o

Just checked -- can't see the group either.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Posts: 63
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 06:18
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
is anyone able to see how many members are there in the facebook group? I am wondering if i've been blocked :o

Just checked -- can't see the group either.



The administrator made the group secret so it's not searchable anymore. The current count is at 753, although I've been seeing postings from current students so that number may be a bit distorted. Good luck and hang in there guys.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:52
Gumbymc wrote:
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
Azn84 wrote:
is anyone able to see how many members are there in the facebook group? I am wondering if i've been blocked :o

Just checked -- can't see the group either.



The administrator made the group secret so it's not searchable anymore. The current count is at 753, although I've been seeing postings from current students so that number may be a bit distorted. Good luck and hang in there guys.

interesting if they made it secret because of my posts. That would be very weird. I wonder if they can track it back to my application :o
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Posts: 63
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 10:29
no don't worry, they said something along the lines of "we want to make sure only admitted students are requesting to join the group"
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 15:18
Any one heard anything today?

Gumbymc wrote:
no don't worry, they said something along the lines of "we want to make sure only admitted students are requesting to join the group"
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 12:30
So tomorrow is the big day for us? I wonder when they will start sending the emails...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 06:21
Check your status on the login page; mine is updated to being on the Summer Waitlist
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 06:24
My decision is up. Dinged.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 06:26
ding!!! nOW i CAN MOVE ON!!! YAAAYY!!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 26

Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 06:41
Ding. but somehow I feel liberated.
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 03 May 2013, 06:41
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
11 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 126 01 Jan 2013, 18:31
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Waitlisted Applicants-2013 souvik101990 12 22 Dec 2012, 22:22
81 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants hookemhorns612 442 20 Dec 2012, 09:55
460 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1614 25 Apr 2012, 00:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Wharton 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 127 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.