Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 16:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 14:45
Hi guys,

Did any1 hear about the results of the background check? (I am an admitted cand.)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Posts: 96
GMAT 1: 770 Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 17:57
snickerdoodle wrote:
jaed wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
Done with my TBD. More relaxed than i have expected. My 1-on-1 interview could have been better but well, too late now for me. All the best everyone.


Desley -- anything that could have prepared you better for the 1 to 1?


Wondering the same thing. Also struggling to prepare for the TBD. My prompt seems to be a lot more random than what I heard Round 1 used.


I asked my interviewer on how they chose the prompt and it is really just to start a discussion, so doubt the content is that important. I was too caught up in reading up about the TBD and under-prepared for the interview. For the interview, I was expecting the interviewers to ask lots of questions, but ended up i was the one doing most of the talking and asking questions instead.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 21
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 07:22
snickerdoodle wrote:
jaed wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
Done with my TBD. More relaxed than i have expected. My 1-on-1 interview could have been better but well, too late now for me. All the best everyone.


Desley -- anything that could have prepared you better for the 1 to 1?


Wondering the same thing. Also struggling to prepare for the TBD. My prompt seems to be a lot more random than what I heard Round 1 used.


Snicker
Did they not give you the topic in a previous email? Or did you mean that the emailed prompt was random compared to R1? Im wondering if they are going to have a new prompt at the TBD.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2014
Posts: 17
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 09:13
Had my TBD earlier this week. The prompt is the same one as what they email you. As some other people have said, I wouldn't spend too much time prepping for the TBD. The topic is random, and the interviewers are more interested in how you work together than what the specific idea you come up with is. And chances are, your idea won't be the one selected (you're only 1 of 6 people), so don't get too attached.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Posts: 63
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 10:43
snickerdoodle wrote:
mkz212 wrote:
one541 wrote:
Another ding.. Oh well.. Good luck to everyone else


Why would you apply to 10+ schools!?


A lot of people do this particularly if they have a "common" background/profile -- e.g., Indian/male/IT/700+.


IT engineers (or basically most engineers) are the lucky ones - have a chance to work right after undergrad. Most of the other students in India go for an MBA right after undergrad as there are no jobs available after doing let's say an Econ major or a Biosciences major :roll: :roll: :roll: MBA in India is the only option to get even a low-paying job. It is just another degree for getting a job... :x :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 15:53
Guys, how much does Wharton MBA cost for class of 2016? No clear answer for 2016 below and conflicting data. Anyone know?

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/financ ... ummary.cfm
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... a-rankings
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... arton.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 42
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q0 V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 16:21
anyone know the conversino rate of interviewed to admitted? ~50%?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 39

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 16:30
laohu wrote:
Guys, how much does Wharton MBA cost for class of 2016? No clear answer for 2016 below and conflicting data. Anyone know?

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/financ ... ummary.cfm
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... a-rankings
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... arton.html


estimated 1st year budget is $99,830. This includes $68,075 in tuition and fees.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Posts: 96
GMAT 1: 770 Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 16:57
MBAUnderDOG wrote:
laohu wrote:
Guys, how much does Wharton MBA cost for class of 2016? No clear answer for 2016 below and conflicting data. Anyone know?

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/financ ... ummary.cfm
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... a-rankings
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... arton.html


estimated 1st year budget is $99,830. This includes $68,075 in tuition and fees.


Just to confirm this mean in total one should expect ard Usd 200k for the full MBA program right? Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 19:58
bigmonkey31 wrote:
anyone know the conversino rate of interviewed to admitted? ~50%?


I think it's closer to 45%, but I might be wrong.
_________________

Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe (HBS '13)
CEO and co-founder
MBA Admissions Advisors LLC
http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com

Get an immediate assessment of your odds at top MBA programs, try our algorithm for free: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mba-matching-algorithm/

Get ready for your Wharton interview: http://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/wharton-interview-invitations-mock-team-based-discussion/

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2013
Posts: 59
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 11

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 04:32
mbaover30 wrote:
Good luck everyone!


Hey man. Good to see you on here keeping an eye on things!

We never met but I appreciated your blog and, during my visit to campus the other week, your (user)name was mentioned :)

I hope you are enjoying the programme and that I shall follow in your footsteps next year.

Still four weeks to wait until the news... Tough times!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 07:04
I have my TBD on campus on Monday. What happens if they close the admissions office due to weather? There's supposed to be a snowstorm coming. I travel there on Sunday. Any advice guys?!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 39

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 09:48
TripleDouble wrote:
I have my TBD on campus on Monday. What happens if they close the admissions office due to weather? There's supposed to be a snowstorm coming. I travel there on Sunday. Any advice guys?!

Posted from my mobile device Image


Call or email admissions. They'll let you know how to handle weather situations.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 00:20
Hi guys,

do you know how much time you will have to decide whether to accept the offer from Wharton if the final decision will be positive? Are there any R1 accepted people here that can share their experience?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 39

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 08:17
Shilon wrote:
Hi guys,

do you know how much time you will have to decide whether to accept the offer from Wharton if the final decision will be positive? Are there any R1 accepted people here that can share their experience?

Thanks


We received the decision on Dec 17th and had until Feb 14th to decide.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 17:13
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 18:34
summerbreeze118 wrote:
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?

The on-campus TBD is conducted by students (second-year admissions fellows) and off-campus TBD are conducted by adcom reps.
I'm not sure I understand your last question. The class visit and on-campus info session are with students. I haven't attended the lunch, however Wharton's description seems to imply that it is with current students only. http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... campus.cfm
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 19:08
black27 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?

The on-campus TBD is conducted by students (second-year admissions fellows) and off-campus TBD are conducted by adcom reps.
I'm not sure I understand your last question. The class visit and on-campus info session are with students. I haven't attended the lunch, however Wharton's description seems to imply that it is with current students only. http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... campus.cfm


Thanks!
Am bit concerned about student interview. Past interviews indicated to me that adcoms' opinions weigh more in the final decision than alumni's, which made the latter a routine only and the original package still decides everything/most.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 20:10
summerbreeze118 wrote:
black27 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?

The on-campus TBD is conducted by students (second-year admissions fellows) and off-campus TBD are conducted by adcom reps.
I'm not sure I understand your last question. The class visit and on-campus info session are with students. I haven't attended the lunch, however Wharton's description seems to imply that it is with current students only. http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... campus.cfm


Thanks!
Am bit concerned about student interview. Past interviews indicated to me that adcoms' opinions weigh more in the final decision than alumni's, which made the latter a routine only and the original package still decides everything/most.


The TBD (35 mins) probably outweighs the individual interview (10 mins) in importance with respect to the admissions process. In my 1 on 1 interview, they mostly just asked me questions about the TBD anyway.

As you mentioned, I agree that you can have a great TBD experience and be dinged, or a mediocre TBD and be accepted, based solely on the strengths of the rest of your package. Only time will tell - we'll know on March 25th.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 21:50
Hi,

Had TBD last week. It was collaborative and enjoyable.
But honestly no significant difference among 6 team members from my view...

Does anyone know the case that all team members or 5 out of 6 are accepted or dinged in R1?
I know the final decision depends on the quality of total application package but please tell me if you know the case.
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2014, 21:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton 2014 - Calling All Waitlisters! Class of 2016 KN790 31 17 Dec 2013, 15:14
427 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 Narenn 1418 21 Apr 2013, 03:20
456 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 ricecake 1690 21 Apr 2013, 03:12
409 Experts publish their posts in the topic Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 tdawg 1093 21 Apr 2013, 03:11
658 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! azowu 1254 21 Apr 2013, 00:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73  ...  88    Next  [ 1741 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.