Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.8
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
It has been quiet, but as prospective future classmates I think we should try to lighten the mood, exchange a few posts and check we are still breathing from time to time.

Having said all that, I am totally focused on 25 March and am visualising that phone call and all the elation it will bring!

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck and that you will have many pleasant things to distract you from the wait.

If anyone wants my TBD feedback I would be happy to share by PM. Look forward to seeing you all in the fall!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When is the R2 admitted students weekend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
dcr wrote:
It has been quiet, but as prospective future classmates I think we should try to lighten the mood, exchange a few posts and check we are still breathing from time to time.

Having said all that, I am totally focused on 25 March and am visualising that phone call and all the elation it will bring!

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck and that you will have many pleasant things to distract you from the wait.

If anyone wants my TBD feedback I would be happy to share by PM. Look forward to seeing you all in the fall!

Good luck to everyone. I hope all of us get in and we can form an official, the GMAT Club of Wharton.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
US News just released updated rankings-- now Wharton is tied for first with Harvard and Stanford. Just putting that out there as we keep waiting for 2 more weeks.

https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... a-rankings

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbatx wrote:
US News just released updated rankings-- now Wharton is tied for first with Harvard and Stanford. Just putting that out there as we keep waiting for 2 more weeks.

Good luck to everyone!

Interestingly they dont have a rank 2 or rank 3. It jumps from HSW being #1 to Booth being #4. I wish they had ranked some school as 2 or 3 as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
nb2987 wrote:
mbatx wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Interestingly they dont have a rank 2 or rank 3. It jumps from HSW being #1 to Booth being #4. I wish they had ranked some school as 2 or 3 as well.

Since 3 schools tied for #1, the next ranking would be #4. Having booth at #2 would be misleading I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anyone have an idea of how important the TBD is to your overall application? Can you do horrible and still get in? Also can you do really well and still get dinged? Curious to hear your thoughts..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.8
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
mkz212 wrote:
Anyone have an idea of how important the TBD is to your overall application? Can you do horrible and still get in? Also can you do really well and still get dinged? Curious to hear your thoughts..

Take it as it is: just personal speculations.
I think that it would make no sense to invest in organizing TBDs worldwide to not consider this piece within the whole picture. Additionally, based on my TBD I think that it is a very brilliant way to figure out if an applicant can be a successful and integrated student. So I think that performing horribly might indeed rise a red flag. On the other side, why should they ding you if you do really well? They would never invite you to interview if your profile was so weak that not even a great TBD could play in your favor.
What I do think is that the single 1-on-1 interview is just an additional check, but I can't really see how those 10/15 minutes can make it or break it.

So, my personal opinion is that the TBD is a crucial part, and that both those two extremes are unlikely to happen.
Of course the point here is: how do we assess if we did "well" or "horribly" in terms of Wharton's perspective?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:
nb2987 wrote:
mbatx wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Since 3 schools tied for #1, the next ranking would be #4. Having booth at #2 would be misleading I guess.

Saying 3 schools are rank 1 means all three are equal and get the same pedestal. By US New's methodology there would be 3 Gold medals in Olympics since 3 people finish first and no silver or Bronze. Sort of non analytical though marketable.

Or this can be construed as " All three are good enough to be #1 so we cant really give one an edge over the other, so consider whichever one you want as 1,2,3 and the rest follows here".

Im just happy everyone is over Wharton bashing and its coming up as #1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
schedir wrote:
mkz212 wrote:

What I do think is that the single 1-on-1 interview is just an additional check, but I can't really see how those 10/15 minutes can make it or break it.

I agree. Its sort of like the GMAT. If the overall profile is stellar but the GMAT is below the schools range they might still consider the applicant a strong candidate. But if the GMAT is 790, the GPA is in dumps and that person has never worked anywhere, no extra social stuff etc then they might not be that comfortable admitting this person (unless his/her dad was the president of a country or a billion dollar enterprise).
Who knows. Those were my 2 cents.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nb2987 wrote:
schedir wrote:
mkz212 wrote:

I agree. Its sort of like the GMAT. If the overall profile is stellar but the GMAT is below the schools range they might still consider the applicant a strong candidate. But if the GMAT is 790, the GPA is in dumps and that person has never worked anywhere, no extra social stuff etc then they might not be that comfortable admitting this person (unless his/her dad was the president of a country or a billion dollar enterprise).
Who knows. Those were my 2 cents.

Agree with this. Couldn't have put it in a better way. I guess at the end of the day, it's the whole package that counts. Admission process is probably more of an art than science (not sure where i read this from), there is only so much you can quantify.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbatx wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

I'm just curious, the ranking is for MBA program? The tuition fees sure don't look like it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
mkz212 wrote:

The entire process took about a week. They (Re Vera) asked for a bunch of additional documents from me and had a few questions about my current position. When they were done, they told me that everything was complete on their end and that they did not need any more information from me. That was about 2-3 weeks ago though and i still haven't heard anything from Wharton.[/quote][/quote]

Can you provide some color on what additional docs they require? Thanks. My former employer is super slow,e sp around tax season, and it might make sense to ask for these docs now.[/quote]

They asked me only for some documents relating to a self employment situation. Essentially, they just wanted to make sure that the company that i was affiliated actually exists and was actually conducting business. The asked for articles of incorporation which i didnt have on hand, but i was able to supply some other documents that proved that the company is real and that my role was what i said.

They also emailed me because there was a discrepancy in my starting salary and what my HR department told them. However, and email explanation from me was enough.

Good luck everyone!

Also, it finally says the verification process is complete on the my wharton mba site so i'm, good to go.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Spring Visit Days
We look forward to starting up the campus visit program next week once students return from their spring break travels. For more information on what we offer and how to register for our visit program, please check out our website.

Aside from the regular on-campus visits, we are gearing up for some of our special interest Spring visit days as well. Follow the links provided below to learn more about what these days entail and how to register:

• Women’s Visit Day – Thursday, April 3, 2014

• Military Visit Day – Thursday, April 10, 2014

• LGBT Visit Day – Thursday, April 17, 2014

Please contact the MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Office directly if you have any questions.

The post Spring Visit Days appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know the % of admitted applicants who were offered a tution waiver and how much it was? Perhaps some R1 folks can throw some light.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
schedir wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
guess it will be quiet here until 25 March?

I think so! It looks like the calm before the storm.. I had my TBD one week ago and now I feel as if I were holding my breath.
I am happy that I am interviewing with the MIT next week, so I won't be too focused on this wait!!

Get ready for the storm. Today is decision day at Tuck and it is brutal.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
Send PM
InRainbows wrote:
When is the R2 admitted students weekend?

It is on April 11th and 12th. (https://www.whartonpartners.org/welcome-weekends/)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  69   70   71   72   73   74   75  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts