Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
snickerdoodle wrote:
jaed wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
Done with my TBD. More relaxed than i have expected. My 1-on-1 interview could have been better but well, too late now for me. All the best everyone.

Desley -- anything that could have prepared you better for the 1 to 1?

Wondering the same thing. Also struggling to prepare for the TBD. My prompt seems to be a lot more random than what I heard Round 1 used.

Snicker
Did they not give you the topic in a previous email? Or did you mean that the emailed prompt was random compared to R1? Im wondering if they are going to have a new prompt at the TBD.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Had my TBD earlier this week. The prompt is the same one as what they email you. As some other people have said, I wouldn't spend too much time prepping for the TBD. The topic is random, and the interviewers are more interested in how you work together than what the specific idea you come up with is. And chances are, your idea won't be the one selected (you're only 1 of 6 people), so don't get too attached.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
snickerdoodle wrote:
mkz212 wrote:
one541 wrote:
Another ding.. Oh well.. Good luck to everyone else

Why would you apply to 10+ schools!?

A lot of people do this particularly if they have a "common" background/profile -- e.g., Indian/male/IT/700+.

IT engineers (or basically most engineers) are the lucky ones - have a chance to work right after undergrad. Most of the other students in India go for an MBA right after undergrad as there are no jobs available after doing let's say an Econ major or a Biosciences major :roll: :roll: :roll: MBA in India is the only option to get even a low-paying job. It is just another degree for getting a job... :x :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Guys, how much does Wharton MBA cost for class of 2016? No clear answer for 2016 below and conflicting data. Anyone know?

https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/financ ... ummary.cfm
https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... a-rankings
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... arton.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
anyone know the conversino rate of interviewed to admitted? ~50%?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
laohu wrote:
Guys, how much does Wharton MBA cost for class of 2016? No clear answer for 2016 below and conflicting data. Anyone know?

estimated 1st year budget is $99,830. This includes $68,075 in tuition and fees.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:
laohu wrote:

estimated 1st year budget is $99,830. This includes $68,075 in tuition and fees.

Just to confirm this mean in total one should expect ard Usd 200k for the full MBA program right? Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
bigmonkey31 wrote:
anyone know the conversino rate of interviewed to admitted? ~50%?

I think it's closer to 45%, but I might be wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
mbaover30 wrote:
Good luck everyone!

Hey man. Good to see you on here keeping an eye on things!

We never met but I appreciated your blog and, during my visit to campus the other week, your (user)name was mentioned :)

I hope you are enjoying the programme and that I shall follow in your footsteps next year.

Still four weeks to wait until the news... Tough times!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have my TBD on campus on Monday. What happens if they close the admissions office due to weather? There's supposed to be a snowstorm coming. I travel there on Sunday. Any advice guys?!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TripleDouble wrote:
I have my TBD on campus on Monday. What happens if they close the admissions office due to weather? There's supposed to be a snowstorm coming. I travel there on Sunday. Any advice guys?!

Call or email admissions. They'll let you know how to handle weather situations.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

do you know how much time you will have to decide whether to accept the offer from Wharton if the final decision will be positive? Are there any R1 accepted people here that can share their experience?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Shilon wrote:
Hi guys,

do you know how much time you will have to decide whether to accept the offer from Wharton if the final decision will be positive? Are there any R1 accepted people here that can share their experience?

Thanks

We received the decision on Dec 17th and had until Feb 14th to decide.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summerbreeze118 wrote:
for on-campus interview, will it always be evaluated by 2nd year student and never adcom? And what about the follow-up activities like class visit and lunch? Will it be accompanied by current student too or you are alone?

The on-campus TBD is conducted by students (second-year admissions fellows) and off-campus TBD are conducted by adcom reps.
I'm not sure I understand your last question. The class visit and on-campus info session are with students. I haven't attended the lunch, however Wharton's description seems to imply that it is with current students only. https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... campus.cfm
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
black27 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:

The on-campus TBD is conducted by students (second-year admissions fellows) and off-campus TBD are conducted by adcom reps.
I'm not sure I understand your last question. The class visit and on-campus info session are with students. I haven't attended the lunch, however Wharton's description seems to imply that it is with current students only. https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... campus.cfm

Thanks!
Am bit concerned about student interview. Past interviews indicated to me that adcoms' opinions weigh more in the final decision than alumni's, which made the latter a routine only and the original package still decides everything/most.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summerbreeze118 wrote:
black27 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:

Thanks!
Am bit concerned about student interview. Past interviews indicated to me that adcoms' opinions weigh more in the final decision than alumni's, which made the latter a routine only and the original package still decides everything/most.

The TBD (35 mins) probably outweighs the individual interview (10 mins) in importance with respect to the admissions process. In my 1 on 1 interview, they mostly just asked me questions about the TBD anyway.

As you mentioned, I agree that you can have a great TBD experience and be dinged, or a mediocre TBD and be accepted, based solely on the strengths of the rest of your package. Only time will tell - we'll know on March 25th.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  69   70   71   72   73   74   75  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts