Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
JBLA2016 wrote:
Waitlisted in Cali. There is no real detail in the letter. I'm feeling deflated and from my research Wharton says "do not contact us". Does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist each year? Wharton is my #1.

I got waitlist too from east coast! Not really sure what are the next steps or what to do...the email does not explicitly say do not contact us......Any suggestions ??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
I'm also very interested in WL strategies, if anyone has any
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Dumb question but anyone know who to talk to about scholarship money? I'm guessing it'd be financial aid but I wasn't sure if the adcomm played a role in that. I've never inquired about fellowship funding and had the conversation be successful, so if anyone has any tips in that area for Wharton that'd be great!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
poisonivy316 wrote:
ACCEPTED with a full tuition fellowship!!! YESSSS!!!!

Congrats to all who got a call!

Congratulations!! That's amazing!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
mbatx wrote:
poisonivy316 wrote:

Congratulations!! That's amazing!

The website for Wharton does say that you should not send any materials for wait list.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
congrats to everyone who heard good news. quick question - what was the total financial package ppl got? mine seemed for a really high amount.. over 130K (which i assume is for one year).. i think last year's cost was 97K..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MBI2000 wrote:
congrats to everyone who heard good news. quick question - what was the total financial package ppl got? mine seemed for a really high amount.. over 130K (which i assume is for one year).. i think last year's cost was 97K..

You guys were all offered fellowship? congrats. 130k is huge. 1 year student budget is only 100k though so u will have some extras ^^

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Congratulations to all the admits!

Waitlisted :cry: other than the generic letter on the application portal, I have not received any further communication from Wharton. The letter also doesn't indicate if there would be any. The Wharton MBA admissions website does indicate that they do not want candidates to submit additional materials. I am an international applicant (India).

1) Will Wharton send waitlisted candidates any follow-up letters now?
2) When is tuition deposit due for R2 admitted candidates? I am assuming the week following that and 6 May (R3 decision day) are possible days for some movement on waitlist. I know there is a summer waitlist too, but that would be stretching my hope too far out.
3) Have you guys heard of international applicants being admitted after being waitlisted in R2? Any indication on overall % changes from waitlisted to admittedfor wharton?
4) To waitlisted candidates - should we just sit tight and wait or do something to reiterate our love for the school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Desley1 wrote:
MBI2000 wrote:

You guys were all offered fellowship? congrats. 130k is huge. 1 year student budget is only 100k though so u will have some extras ^^

sorry - to clarify - it was for 130K+ budget.. which is why i was concerned.. i thought the cost was around 97K per year, but if you can borrow up to 130K+ - does that mean they raised the cost estimate by that much?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MBI2000 wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
MBI2000 wrote:

sorry - to clarify - it was for 130K+ budget.. which is why i was concerned.. i thought the cost was around 97K per year, but if you can borrow up to 130K+ - does that mean they raised the cost estimate by that much?

Are u in for Lauder or the normal MBA? The link they provided said 99k for normal and ard 130k for Lauder. so yeah, 2k increased compared to the 97k published earlier

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got Waitlisted too...

I did some research and concluded that, at least for Wharton, it is better to be quiet and wait than to annoy anyone at the adcom.

As for stats, I heard (just heard, no evidence) that about 10% get in from WL. Wait and see... That's the best strategy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.8
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
poisonivy316 wrote:

Great result!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [6]
Schools: HBS '16 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Wharton shattered all my dreams and aspirations yesterday ... but HBS came to the rescue today with an admit!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
poisonivy316 wrote:

Wow, congrats! Does this mean that you will not be heading to Sloan?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JustTellMePlz50 wrote:
Wharton shattered all my dreams and aspirations yesterday ... but HBS came to the rescue today with an admit!

That's a wonderful outcome!!!! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
mbakk wrote:
Congratulations to all the admits!

Waitlisted :cry: other than the generic letter on the application portal, I have not received any further communication from Wharton. The letter also doesn't indicate if there would be any. The Wharton MBA admissions website does indicate that they do not want candidates to submit additional materials. I am an international applicant (India).

1) Will Wharton send waitlisted candidates any follow-up letters now?
2) When is tuition deposit due for R2 admitted candidates? I am assuming the week following that and 6 May (R3 decision day) are possible days for some movement on waitlist. I know there is a summer waitlist too, but that would be stretching my hope too far out.
3) Have you guys heard of international applicants being admitted after being waitlisted in R2? Any indication on overall % changes from waitlisted to admittedfor wharton?
4) To waitlisted candidates - should we just sit tight and wait or do something to reiterate our love for the school?

I was waitlisted with R1 and eventually dinged but I will try to answer what I can-
1) Yes, you will most likely get an email on friday and then monthly updates on 2nd or 3rd friday (cant remember which it was) each month. Having said that, the updates are pretty generic and do not tell you anything you don't already know.
2) Probably some admit can clarify this
3) I have not. The update email in feb (after R1 deposit deadline) mentioned that they had made offers to a "couple" of waitlisters. The exact text of that email is pasted by someone on the waitlist thread.
4) The email says u can only submit revised gmat, additional coursework or change in job. So if you think one of these might have been a potential weakness in your application, it may be a good way to show commitment.
Hope this helps and good luck...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
anyone has asked for any ding analysis from wharton?

https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/wh ... -decision/

according to this site it is possible, but I just wrote to AO and they rejected it. :(
Has somone tried to phone them?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts