Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 12:08
snickerdoodle wrote:
poisonivy316 wrote:
ACCEPTED with a full tuition fellowship!!! YESSSS!!!!

Congrats to all who got a call!

Wow, congrats! Does this mean that you will not be heading to Sloan?

Most likely. Financial aid is a huge, almost overriding, concern for me.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2014, 07:21
poisonivy316 wrote:
snickerdoodle wrote:
poisonivy316 wrote:
ACCEPTED with a full tuition fellowship!!! YESSSS!!!!

Congrats to all who got a call!

Wow, congrats! Does this mean that you will not be heading to Sloan?

Most likely. Financial aid is a huge, almost overriding, concern for me.

I would definitely understand not wanting to pass up a full ride to a top 3 school. Having lived in Philly, I can attest to the fact that the housing options are quite a bit cheaper than Boston too.

What are you looking to go into though?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

As one round closes another begins… [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2014, 09:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: As one round closes another begins…
Happy April! Spring has finally arrived here, in Philadelphia, and it’s so nice to see people outside enjoying the slightly warmer weather. Last week was an exciting time in the MBA Admissions Office, as we released Round 2 decisions on March 25th and officially closed the 2013-2014 application process with the Round 3 deadline on March 27th. Congrats to our Round 2 applicants who were accepted into the Class of 2016! We look forward to seeing many of you in mid-April for Spring Welcome Weekend!

As Round 3 continues, we look forward to getting to know more about each and every one of our applicants. We will only be releasing invitations to interview on Tuesday, April 15th and will be holding on-campus interviews during the week of April 21st. Please read here to learn more about the Team-Based Discussion and what to expect during the interview part of the process.

We wish everyone the best of luck as you move forward in the process and please feel free to contact the MBA Admissions Office directly with any questions that may arise.

The post As one round closes another begins… appeared first on Engage with Us.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Wharton Spotlight: Cotopaxi Social Impact Venture [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 06:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Spotlight: Cotopaxi Social Impact Venture
Wharton alum Davis Smith (WG’11, G’11) and his wife Asialene started their outdoor gear company, Cotopaxi, with a simple goal – to make gear for good. With more than a billion people living in extreme poverty, Cotopaxi, has a social mission rooted in the personal experiences of its founders. This social impact venture began on a trek to Peru where the couple met Edgar, a little boy on the street who insisted on shining Davis’ shoes. Their immediate connection with Edgar spawned the concept of their company with the premise of improving the human condition through producing a great product.

Cotopaxi boasts two key differences between them and other outdoor companies. First, they are direct-to-consumer by making their own gear and selling straight to their customers and secondly, each piece of their gear is tied to a humanitarian cause.  Stocking up for an outdoor adventure never felt so good, here is their story:

The post Wharton Spotlight: Cotopaxi Social Impact Venture appeared first on Engage with Us.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 16:15
I wonder how many people applied round 3? (Crossing fingers for people who are on the waitlist).

Looks like there are about 670 people on the Facebook page. I realize this is just spinning the wheels but, heh, have to pass the time somehow!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 23:58
hey guys,

got this email with subject - Email: Next Steps in the Application Process... and that interview invites will be out by apr 15..

any idea what this is about...
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 01:59
For round 2 Wharton sent out update email every week with these kind of updates.. dont worry..it doesnt mean much

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Current Student

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 02:02
By the way for those admitted. Did anyone of you receive the verification email from Re Vera? I'm a bit confused whether I must reg n pay the verification fees by the enrollment deadline? Or do I have to make sure that they finish verifying by that date? Thanks in advance

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 39

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 06:15
Desley1 wrote:
By the way for those admitted. Did anyone of you receive the verification email from Re Vera? I'm a bit confused whether I must reg n pay the verification fees by the enrollment deadline? Or do I have to make sure that they finish verifying by that date? Thanks in advance

You only need to pay the fees and start the process before the deadline. I'm a R1 admit and have not completed the verification process yet because I asked for a delay on the employment verification.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Wharton '16 (M)
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 3

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 09:15
Desley1 wrote:

They only just completed my verification from R1 today, only took them 3 months!
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 620 Q V0
GMAT 2: 640 Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V42
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 24

Premium Member
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 11:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Current Student

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 15:53
@ MBAUnderDOG @chromium73 thanks for the info. Hope to see u all in august then ^^. The deadline on the checklist seriously threw me off... but now that I think abt it it doesn't really make sense. I wisb Re Vera can be faster though. By the way.. does it means enrollment is not official until Re Vera is done with whatever they need to do? 3mnths frm r2 deadline is alr August =_=

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 10:32
anyone received interview invite for R3?
Current Student
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 12:00
hadwhoken wrote:
anyone received interview invite for R3?

received a R3 interview invite this afternoon
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 15:33
Received an interview invitation for R3. Currently working abroad now. Anyone knows if they offer off campus interview option this round?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 05:57
For waitlisters, got an email from adcom saying "some" might hear by the end of the month, while everybody should get an update on 6 May. Any movement for you guys?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 08:50
All quiet on my front! Anyone else?
Intern
Intern

Wharton Business Plan Competition Venture Finals [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 11:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Business Plan Competition Venture Finals
Since its launch in 1998, the Wharton community has taken great pride in the success and recognition of the Wharton Business Plan Competition (WBPC). As part of Wharton Entrepreneurship, the WBPC spans the entire academic year, helping student entrepreneurs develop and launch their businesses.

The WBPC Venture Finals are taking place today, allowing the “Great Eight” finalists to showcase their business plans to a group of distinguished judges. Today’s event brings together current students, alumni and leaders from the entrepreneurial community. Recently, the Wharton Entrepreneurship team held Q&A’s with 7 of the 8 finalists to provide further insight into their business plan and their vision behind it. To learn more, check out their recent blog post.

The post Wharton Business Plan Competition Venture Finals appeared first on Engage with Us.

Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1014 [0], given: 938

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2014, 08:56
Expert's post
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recordingin the main post of this thread.
Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink] New post 05 May 2014, 21:52
Waitlisted candidate here.

Nervousness sets in! I just logged into my application portal and noticed that the earlier waitlist letter is no longer available. I guess they will update the system with the updated decision in a few hours.

Any body notice any other changes (eg. https://upenngsb.askadmissions.net/vip/Default.aspx)? I recall that R2 accepted folks had a checklist pop up on that page prior to decisions being made.
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016!   [#permalink] 05 May 2014, 21:52