Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
has anyone taken one of the Wharton TBD Prep packages from MBA mission, MBA Academy, Accepeted or any other?
What was the experience and which one would you recommend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Anyone interviewing on the 20th and want to meet up?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
WE:Other (Venture Capital)
Send PM
juancito05 wrote:
aalba005 wrote:
For the 1 on 1 portion of the interview, if I am interviewing on campus, will the adcom have access to my full application or just to my resume?

No, he wont. The 1-1 interview will be blind and very short. Your interviewer will be one of the guys who also evaluates your TBD.

Anyone have a sense for what's typically discussed in the 1-1 interview? I'm surprised the interviewer wouldn't have read your whole application!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
boulderbiker wrote:

Anyone have a sense for what's typically discussed in the 1-1 interview? I'm surprised the interviewer wouldn't have read your whole application!

From what I've read online, it seems like a quick (10-15 mins) follow-up to the TBD plus a brief behavioral segment. Here's a good excerpt from Clearadmit (https://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... l/wharton/):

"Then we had to wait until we were called for our 1-on-1s. Here, the interview was really very open. I was told that I could talk about whatever I want, for example my impression of the interview, any new developments since I submitted my application, or any questions that I had for her. I then chose to go exactly with this order, i.e. I first explained what I liked about the interview and what I wished had gone a bit better, then a brief update on any career developments, and then I even had a brief moment to ask her two questions."

I think the interviewers go in blind on the 1-on-1 to both simplify things logistically and minimize bias prior to the TBD since they're also grading you on that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Round 1 Interview Locations

Brisk fall weather has (finally!) arrived in Philadelphia and it couldn’t be better timing, as the Admissions team is hunkered down reading your Round 1 applications. We are thoroughly enjoying getting to know each of you through your personal stories and experiences!

As November approaches and we begin to look ahead to the interview process, we wanted to update you on where our Team-Based Discussionswill take place for Round 1. Invitations to interview will be sent out over the next couple of weeks and the team looks forward to meeting many of you in November – whether here, on campus, or in one of our off-campus locations. Off-campus interviews will be held in Dubai, London, Mumbai, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.  We encourage invited candidates to interview either on-campus or in whichever city is most convenient.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the MBA Admissions Office directly at 215-898-6183 or [url=mailto:mba-admiss@wharton.upenn.edu]mba-admiss@wharton.upenn.edu[/url]. We look forward to being in touch soon.

The post Round 1 Interview Locations appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Spotlight: Ashton Kutcher talks Social Impact

Award-winning actor, tech investor and producer, Ashton Kutcher, recently touched down on Penn’s campus to speak candidly with Bobby Turner, W’84, during the Lauren and Bobby Turner Social Impact Executive Speaker Series on October 7th.

Kutcher opened up to a full auditorium of Wharton students, staff, faculty and alumni, about his childhood, his career and his role as an investor. His candid approach showcased another side to the sitcom star – highlighting many of the reasons why he was named one of Time Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential people.

Through a partnership with the Wharton Social Impact Initiative (WSII), the Lauren and Bobby Turner Social Impact Executive  Speaker Series is focused on bringing high-profile guests to Penn’s campus to share their first-hand experiences about how they’ve made a positive impact on the world – highlighting both their challenges and their success stories. In the past, the series has brought speakers such as Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Andre Agassi, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges and Eva Longoria.

About WSII

Established in 2010, the Wharton Social Impact Initiative is the hub for social impact activities, information, and resources at Wharton.  WSII supports faculty, students, and alumni in the drive to use business knowledge and practices to enhance the greater good of the local community, the nation, and the world.

Originally the Wharton Program for Social Impact, WSII harnesses the knowledge and creativity of the Wharton community to investigate, create, and implement solutions to enduring social problems.

The post Wharton Spotlight: Ashton Kutcher talks Social Impact appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Beyond the Classroom

One question that I often get when meeting prospective students is why one would choose Wharton over another program. What, in my opinion, makes Wharton special? What makes our program stand out?  For me, this is one of the most difficult and easiest questions to answer. Difficult because the program I know best is Wharton. Easy because the answer that always comes to mind is the same. It is our community and the people of which it is comprised.

My role in Admissions allows me the good fortune of being introduced to that community at every stage – from candidate to admit to student and finally as an alumni. We first introduce prospective candidates to this environment through our various presentations, industry panels, coffee chats and receptions. This past spring and summer, our global community engagement was evidenced from South Korea to South Africa, from Poland to Peru – showcasing the wide range of industries and areas that our students and alumni represent.

The Team-Based Reception is another wonderful opportunity for candidates, who interview off-campus,  to enjoy interaction with alumni, staff and their future classmates in a casual environment. While the reception is not part of the interview process itself, it does allow candidates to get further exposure to the Wharton community and to gain a fuller sense of how they may fit into that mix.�

Admitted students are then welcomed into the community in a variety of ways – phone calls, happy hours, welcome receptions. Our campus visit program also becomes a useful tool in terms of gaining a better sense of the on-campus and Philadelphia communities as well as the overall energy that encompasses the Wharton campus.

As we all are aware, there are many great MBA programs out there. One of the key differences is in a program’s students, its alumni and in its overall community. So I encourage all of you to talk with current students and alumni, to attend an event and to come to campus, if possible. These interactions will help determine if Wharton is some place you could see yourself flourishing in for 2 years and, more importantly, is a network and community in which you can see yourself being a part of far beyond that.

Claire Bruno

Sr. Associate Director, MBA Admissions & Financial Aid

The post Beyond the Classroom appeared first on Engage with Us.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Moving the Needle on Women
Recently I had the pleasure of representing Wharton on an MBA Admissions panel at Smith College in Massachusetts. In addition to taking in the beautiful northeastern fall foliage, I was able to meet with over 60 women in the early stages of considering an MBA. Seeing such a solid showing (especially from the freshmen!) at a women’s college renowned for the liberal arts was encouraging. Wharton is deeply committed to inspiring more women, including those from non-traditional business backgrounds, to consider an MBA.

October 2013 MBA Panel at Smith College

Working with our women’s initiatives is one of the most enjoyable aspects of my role in Admissions. This September, I attended the Wharton Women in Business Conference, which featured female business leaders who have successfully crafted their career paths to suit both their professional and personal goals, exemplifying the theme of “Own Your Career.” I left exhilarated by the sessions and meaningful work being done by our female students and alumni.

That month, I also joined our fellow partner schools at the Forté Forum in New York City, where I met with candidates going through their MBALaunch for Women program. This is an intensive 10-month program for women intending to pursue an MBA degree that includes guidance, resources and ongoing feedback on the business school application process.  The deadline for MBALaunch applications is coming up on November 15 and I’d highly recommend that any women planning to enroll in an MBA program in 2015 apply for this valuable program.

Wharton has had some notable successes in attracting women to our MBA program, but the fact that we are leading all business schools with 42% females says that there is still significant room for improvement in representation by half of the world’s population and workforce.  We also know that an MBA has tangible impact on one’s position within an organization and graduating more female MBA’s will serve to move the needle on the dismal 17% of corporate board members that are women. Helping women to improve this statistic, as well as increase their own career and personal satisfaction is something that I feel passionately about. I am proud to be associated with an institution that is among those leading this charge.

If you are a woman reading this blog, I hope that you will give great consideration to what a Wharton MBA may offer as you consider next steps in your career. For more information, please check out our Wharton Women page or contact a Wharton Women in Business (WWIB) Email Buddy.

Rebekah Jackson

Senior Associate Director, MBA Admissions

The post Moving the Needle on Women appeared first on Engage with Us.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: With Love from Philadelphia
As a long-time and proud resident of Philadelphia (yet not a native Philadelphian), I’d like to take a second to highlight how wonderful life can be here – even as an “outsider.”

Upon arrival to campus, it’s important to remember that you’re not just a member of the Wharton community, but of the small, tight-knit Philadelphia community as well.  This city is walkable, affordable, and manageable – providing you with wonderful dining, shopping, entertainment and outdoors activities right at your fingertips. It really is a beautiful place to spend two years (or more!).

The Philadelphia skyline from the South Street Bridge

If you decide to live in Center City, many students choose to walk to school; which takes about 20 minutes. With so much of the Wharton community in close proximity, you are bound to see one of your classmates – whether you’re walking, biking or riding to campus! You can walk from one end of the city to the other; from the Wharton campus to Philadelphia’s Liberty Bell; in about an hour. Public transportation isn’t always necessary with the pace of life here. Checking out different museums, shops and restaurants by foot can give you a good sense of how all of the neighborhoods connect.

Regardless of which neighborhood you live in or choose to spend time in during your two years, you’re likely to be close to Wharton’s newest building, 2401 Walnut Street. As a way to bring campus closer to our MBA students, the University rented a large venue specifically for students to study, meet and relax closer to home.

During your free time, I would recommend checking out one of the many museums in the city. Most people are familiar with the celebrated Philadelphia Museum of Art, but there are other collections in town equally as impressive. The Barnes Foundation recently opened their world famous collection in an immeasurably gorgeous new space right down the street from the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Take in the collection at a viewing party and wander along the interior fountains with a group of friends. It’s an amazing way to spend an afternoon or evening in the city. If you’re with the kids; the Philadelphia Please Touch Museum in Fairmount Park is second to none.

If you have a love for the outdoors, the expansive river pathway on Philadelphia’s Schuylkill River is the place for you. Take advantage of all of the historic trails emanating from the city and take a walk through Fairmount Park, which is the largest urban park system in the country.

As you can tell, this city has a lot to offer it’s residents and I hope that you set aside some time to explore it!

With love from Philadelphia,

Blair Godfrey

Associate Director, MBA Admissions & Financial Aid

The post With Love from Philadelphia appeared first on Engage with Us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
anyone attending the TBD in Mumbai on the 20th ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to those who have received an invitation to a Wharton interview.
We recently posted an article with a few tips to prepare for the team based discussion.

I hope this is helpful.

Vincent
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Anyone at Sao Paulo on the 15th or later to meet up? My interview is on the 18th.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Healthcare
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
juancito05 wrote:
Anyone at Sao Paulo on the 15th or later to meet up? My interview is on the 18th.

Hey! I am going to Sao Paulo too and my interview is also the 18th. What time are you interviewing?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
TheApplicant02 wrote:
juancito05 wrote:

Hey! I am going to Sao Paulo too and my interview is also the 18th. What time are you interviewing?

9.30am.

Probably we will be at the same team? haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Has anyone interviewed on campus already? If yes, would be great if you can share the experience...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Diver wrote:
Has anyone interviewed on campus already? If yes, would be great if you can share the experience...

I second this!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE:Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I third the above!

Also, if any willing HCM applicants could shed some light on what the 1:1 discussion with June Kinney was like, I would be very grateful!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts