Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
WE:Other (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Don't worry too much about that. Remember that they must be really busy at this point. He/she probably hasn't checked his/her e-mail in a few days.[/quote]

Thanks for the positivity... I still have a bad feeling - I thought I had a good interview! Sigh.. :?:[/quote]

I wouldn't worry at all! If you felt like you had a good interview, then chances are you probably did. I'd focus more on that than anything else...the adcoms must be so busy right now![/quote]

Thanks! We will see in about 3 weeks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Is Wharton's Round 2 more competitive/tougher than Round 1? thoughts?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
ganteymula wrote:
Is Wharton's Round 2 more competitive/tougher than Round 1? thoughts?

Same.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Broadening Our Reach
Over the past couple of years, I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with a number of Wharton affiliates – from students and alumni to faculty and staff – in person, on the phone or through email. One thing always remains: there is a true sense of pride for the School and it is apparent throughout the community. As a member of the MBA Admissions team, it is exciting for me to also have regular interactions with prospective students and those of you who may one day join the Wharton community.

Being on the front line of communications, it’s important that our team provide a number of options and opportunities for engagement for prospective students.  After all, it is critical to find the right school fit when pursuing your MBA. Along with the launch of our new website in August, we have focused our efforts on providing a more interactive experience for interested candidates. From the launch of our summer industry panels and our online Discussion Forums to our most recent addition of informational webinars, our office is interested in connecting with you in a variety of ways and equipping you with all of the information that you need to find the right fit and build a strong application.

Neil Blumenthal and Jeffrey Raider sharing the Warby Parker story with prospective students at our Entrepreneurship Event in NYC

This past summer we held 7 industry-specific events in designated cities around the US. These events included Entrepreneurship in NYC and San Francisco, Health Care in Boston and Philadelphia, Social Impact and Real Estate in DC and Retail in NYC. After seeing interest grow significantly in these areas, we realized that providing an opportunity for prospective students to interact with alumni working in these industries would add value to their MBA search.

While we are excited about the positive response that these events have received, we realize that these options are not easily accessible to candidates who are located overseas. With that in mind, we have increased our use of online webinars and are using this space to share more information about the Wharton MBA Program, while providing that interactive experience for candidates who cannot attend an in-person event.

For those of you who are looking to stay engaged during the application cycle, please continue to check our website for upcoming events. We also encourage you engage in conversation through our Discussion Forum to receive insight from some of our current students and alumni.

Hoping to connect with many of you soon – either in-person or online!

Megan Gallagher

Associate Director, MBA Admissions & Financial Aid

The post Broadening Our Reach appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
2 weeks till decisions people. How are people feeling? This is going to be a long 2 weeks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
domotron wrote:
2 weeks till decisions people. How are people feeling? This is going to be a long 2 weeks

The waiting has been excruciating ever since I got out of the interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
domotron wrote:

Its not fun that's for sure. Thank heavens they release all decisions on the same day, and not rolling, otherwise I might spontaneously combust from anxiety.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Just got done with ALL my interviews for R1.. Man it is going to be a LOOOOONNNNGGG 2 weeks :-( I'm filling out some R2 applications and working hard to take my mind away from it - though my boss just got mad at me because I asked for too many days off recently (all for interviews!!!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 780 Q48 V50
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I'm too nervous to start thinking about R2. I guess if the worst happens, spending my Christmas vacation filling out more applications will be the least of my worries.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Does Wharton call all admitted students the day before decisions are released?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hey guys... kind of a random question but does anyone know what purpose is served by the "parents' information" on the application? I didn't fill it out when I was applying to Wharton (R1) because I wasn't sure what the information is used for. Does that information hurt/help you, for example, if you have an alumnus parent? or if your parents are billionaire CEO's? I'm just very confused by the relevance, since most people applying to business school are definitely no longer dependents of their parents...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Campus Visit Program Update
The last day for the Wharton campus visit program for the fall semester will be Friday, December 6th, 2013 . The visit program will start back up again on Monday, January 27th, 2014 . For full information about program availability and details, please click here.

The post Campus Visit Program Update appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
schrodinger wrote:
Hey guys... kind of a random question but does anyone know what purpose is served by the "parents' information" on the application? I didn't fill it out when I was applying to Wharton (R1) because I wasn't sure what the information is used for. Does that information hurt/help you, for example, if you have an alumnus parent? or if your parents are billionaire CEO's? I'm just very confused by the relevance, since most people applying to business school are definitely no longer dependents of their parents...

It could also be that your parents did not attend college yet you were able to succeed academically and professionally (Not saying you need to attend college to be successful but they do also ask what occupation your parents are in which could be used as a proxy most likely). I doubt admissions pay too much attention to your parents information though.

Also to the point that you are no longer dependent on your parents, if you happen to come from a family that is educated and have successful professional careers then the likelihood for you to have academic and professional success is quite high.

Also just an interesting New York times piece on generational income mobility in the US. https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/busin ... eral&_r=2& scroll down to the info graphic "Chances of Ending Up in the Top Fifth, For a Child ..." for some interesting analysis.

Of coarse this is just my personal conjecture.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
schrodinger wrote:

yeah, i imagine that having an alumnus or multimillionaire executive or famous parent would help you quite a bit. but i wouldn't worry about not filling it out. i'm sure it has very little bearing if your parents aren't special.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:

I've read that they call you the same day decisions are released, before you get the official e-mail.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Kudos
JorgePostigo wrote:
MBAUnderDOG wrote:

I've read that they call you the same day decisions are released, before you get the official e-mail.

When I got my call back in March 2008, it was Nelly Kanjo of the Lauder Institute making the call very early in the morning. It was definitely before I got the e-mail.
Anyway, I like being a little philosophical about these landmark events: since that call, my life has drastically changed! Wharton and Lauder has been a life-altering mega positive experience.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
MBAUnderDOG wrote:

Nope. Link below is the first reported call in R1 last year. 11:30pm in Australia = 7:30am in Philadelphia I believe.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/wharton-2013-calling-all-applicants-131304-640.html#p1158906
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts