Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Wharton EMBA vs Berkeley-Columbia EMBA [#permalink]
doMz wrote:
hi odessit19, congratulations on your admittance!
i'm on the same boat. i have been accepted in both programs too. currently leaning to wharton because of the schedule works a little better for me. how about you? would you mind sharing some of your thoughts?

Not sure, I like the BCEMBA and two degrees and the fact that they lean more towards management and entrepreneurship, but Wharton has the rep and the name. I hate that I have to choose :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Wharton West EMBA program. I've applied to the Philadelphia program and unfortunately I have to wait another two weeks for a decision (and yes, it's pretty much killing me). ;-)

A couple of quick questions for your both.

1. When did Wharton release the west coast campus decisions? I know they were supposed to be released no later than tomorrow, but it sounds like they may have provided their decisions a few days early.

2. How did Wharton notify you of your acceptance?

You're guidance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Erich

Originally posted by icbib on 25 Mar 2011, 07:24.
Last edited by icbib on 25 Mar 2011, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
icbib wrote:
Hey Guys,

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Wharton West EMBA program. I've applied to the Philadelphia program and unfortunately I have to wait another two weeks for a decision (and yes, it's pretty much killing me). ;-)

1. When did Wharton release the west coast campus decisions? I know they were supposed to be released no later than tomorrow, but it sounds like they may have provided their decisions a few days early.

Best Regards,
Erich Butters

Eric,

I found out yesterday :). I actually received a UPS email saying that there will be a packet tomorrow. So I called the admissions and said, "hey, i can't wait, tell me now." Not in those words, but pretty much.

Wharton West is supposed to have released info by today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
odessit19 wrote:
icbib wrote:
Hey Guys,

Best Regards,
Erich

Eric,

I found out yesterday :). I actually received a UPS email saying that there will be a packet tomorrow. So I called the admissions and said, "hey, i can't wait, tell me now." Not in those words, but pretty much.

odessit19,

Thanks for the quick response. This was very helpful. Congratulations again, acceptance to Wharton is quite an achievement.

Best Regards,
Erich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
icbib wrote:
odessit19 wrote:
icbib wrote:
Hey Guys,

Best Regards,
Erich

Eric,

odessit19,

Thanks for the quick response. This was very helpful. Congratulations again, acceptance to Wharton is quite an achievement.

Best Regards,
Erich

Sorry that I mispelled your name Erich and thank you! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Erich,

1. The official notice is supposed to be coming today (Mar 25) as mentioned.
2. I actually requested for an early decision because I received decision from BCEMBA pretty early. BCEMBA has a rolling admission and they notified me pretty early. I also need to decide soon since I'll be travelling out of the country. So they gave me a call to let me know of the early decision last week. And I get the same UPS notification as what odessit19 described yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
doMz wrote:
Erich,

1. The official notice is supposed to be coming today (Mar 25) as mentioned.
2. I actually requested for an early decision because I received decision from BCEMBA pretty early. BCEMBA has a rolling admission and they notified me pretty early. I also need to decide soon since I'll be travelling out of the country. So they gave me a call to let me know of the early decision last week. And I get the same UPS notification as what odessit19 described yesterday.

Thanks doMz. This was very helpful. Congratulations on your acceptance. Any thoughts on where you may go?

Best Regards,
Erich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
the schedule for wharton works better for me, so i am leaning to wharton currently. but still gathering more info on both
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi odessit19, have you received the UPS package? I still have not received it and when I check the tracking page, it says that the shipping label has been created but UPS hasn't even received the package. Wondering if there's an issue with my package or they just haven't sent it out yet for everyone?
thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
doMz wrote:
Hi odessit19, have you received the UPS package? I still have not received it and when I check the tracking page, it says that the shipping label has been created but UPS hasn't even received the package. Wondering if there's an issue with my package or they just haven't sent it out yet for everyone?
thanks!

Hi, I got it last Friday as it was promised. It has a hat, notepad, some candies, business cards with your name and some other stuff. I have talked to another person who is at Wharton now and who got in to BCEMBA and he highly recommends Wharton. So does my CEO, so most likely I will choose Wharton. Although I really like Berkeley (my undergrad was there) and the campus atmosphere along with Ivy League networking in Columbia.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for the prompt reply! i just called wharton office and there was a delay with my package so i'll only be receiving it tomorrow. but they pointed me to check the online application and there's more info in there too. most likely i will choose wharton too.. so i may see you in may! :) unfortunately i'll be out of the country during the admit reception and will not be able to attend that.
GMAT Club Bot