Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton wants to talk to me :)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2006, 10:05
pelihu wrote:
haddy74 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
I've wondered what the percentages jump to... In my head I like to think that a whole ton of people get thrown out before the interview process, and those that make it past have a 50% chance.

I'm going to keep my head buried in the sand and run with this totally unsubstantiated perception.

:)

rhyme, your understanding is correct....Based on my interaction with current students at Wharton and recent alumni, Wharton usually offers admission to 50% of its interviewed applicants…..However, some of them end up going some where else (I am sure that you know the name of those two schools where these folks end up going)

According to Sandy at the BW forum, Wharton offers admission to about 1/3 of interviewed applicants. There is a current discussion about Wharton admissions going on there.

I stand corrected...sandy was responding to my post....I hope I am not a DEAD MEAT :-D :-D ...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2006, 11:12
haddy74 wrote:

I stand corrected...sandy was responding to my post....I hope I am not a DEAD MEAT :-D :-D ...

Oh yes, heheh, that was you. Sandy is harsh and his writing style is difficult to understand, but I think his answers are generally spot on. I'd prefer a direct, honest answer rather than someone blowing sunshine up my butt.

Good luck. An interview is definitely better than no interview.
  [#permalink] 04 Nov 2006, 11:12