Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton West anyone?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2008, 13:45
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I'm applying to Wharton West. I'm going to start working on the application next week. Deadline is 2/1 I believe.

RVD.

My Wharton Blog - http://www.whartonblog.com
Wharton MBA for Executives Ambassador - http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t66295
My Story - http://gmatclub.com/forum/102-t49770

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 14:00
if i cud get my apps together in time

PP :)

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2008, 13:41
I did go in for an info session and a class visit, but decided against it. I just felt there wasn't enough in terms of recruitment support for career switchers, clubs and organizations outside the classroom, or real University feel. Still an awesome program, but not for me.
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 13:22
The Wharton West program is really geared towards an executive MBA program. So the focus of the program as well as your peers is in learning the curriculum and networking (with peers and alumni). If you are looking for a place where you can get your MBA and switch job or move into a new industry, a full time MBA or a part time / executive MBA from a full campus college might be better for you. There is no traditional college campus but what you do get are state of the art classrooms, faculty from the Wharton school (one of the best in the world), and the prestige and networking opportunities that come from being a Wharton MBA graduate.

Many of the students at Wharton West are looking to move info executive level positions are major firms and those firms don't generally recruit for those types of positions at college campuses.

RVD.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 15:41
"So the focus of the program as well as your peers is in learning the curriculum and networking (with peers and alumni). "

Honestly, I think the above is a subset of what you could expect in a non-exec FT/PT program.

"If you are looking for a place where you can get your MBA and switch job or move into a new industry, a full time MBA or a part time / executive MBA from a full campus college might be better for you."

Agree completely.

"There is no traditional college campus but what you do get are state of the art classrooms, faculty from the Wharton school (one of the best in the world), and the prestige and networking opportunities that come from being a Wharton MBA graduate."

I attended classes at WW, Haas, and Chicago GSB, and I did not think that state-of-the-art classrooms contributed to or took away from the educational experience. I agree with you about the prestige and quality of professors at WW, especially in the finance area.

"Many of the students at Wharton West are looking to move info executive level positions are major firms and those firms don't generally recruit for those types of positions at college campuses."

True. The biggest networking opportunities at WW IMHO stem from the fact that you're closeted with 90 batchmates every alternate weekend. For those who want more options, this is clearly insufficient.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2008, 06:27
My brother applied to the Wharton EMBA (east coast) and was waitlisted. He's trying to stay close to home so he's also applying to NYU and Delaware.
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2008, 14:45
Can someone post the Wharton West essay questions? Any stats on acceptance rate?

I'm currently applying to the FT program but my company might spin off a department making me the director and making WW my best MBA option. Since I'm currently registerd under the FT program I can't get access to the WW essay questions. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 20:34
AZCFA wrote:
Can someone post the Wharton West essay questions? Any stats on acceptance rate?

I'm currently applying to the FT program but my company might spin off a department making me the director and making WW my best MBA option. Since I'm currently registerd under the FT program I can't get access to the WW essay questions. Thanks.

I don't know your details, but I'm in a similar situation. My small firm (PE) is giving me big increase in compensation (current and long-term) and a promotion to principal (junior partner.) I have admit to Chicago FT but my boss really wants me to stay, and I'm located in Bay Area. I'm WL at Wharton FT and am wondering if I could move that app over to EMBA.

One thing I also noticed about Wharton EMBA is that if you're a "Fellow", i.e. under 30 and/or less than 8 years experience, then you need to get full financial support from your organization ($160k for Wharton West.) This might prove to be difficult for me to get (29/6 years exp.)
Manager
Manager

Re: Wharton West anyone? [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2009, 11:11
cougarblue wrote:
AZCFA wrote:

I don't know your details, but I'm in a similar situation. My small firm (PE) is giving me big increase in compensation (current and long-term) and a promotion to principal (junior partner.) I have admit to Chicago FT but my boss really wants me to stay, and I'm located in Bay Area. I'm WL at Wharton FT and am wondering if I could move that app over to EMBA.

One thing I also noticed about Wharton EMBA is that if you're a "Fellow", i.e. under 30 and/or less than 8 years experience, then you need to get full financial support from your organization ($160k for Wharton West.) This might prove to be difficult for me to get (29/6 years exp.)

You should talk to Wharton West about your situation (fellows with possibly less than 100% financial committment). I can't promise anything except that they'll listen to you.

RVD.

Re: Wharton West anyone?   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2009, 11:11