Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Schools: In: Emory, USC, Georgetown Out: Harvard, Wharton, Yale, UCLA WL: Kellogg
WE 1: Manager @ Fortune 100
WE 2: Manager @ World Famous Hotel
WE 3: Division Leader @ Real Estate Firm
, given: 4
What are my chances? [#permalink]
11 Jul 2010, 15:03
I am 25 years old, will be 26 when school starts should I get in. My "stats" are below:
3.25 cumulative GPA from The George Washington University, with a major in International Affairs, concentration: East Asia. I studied abroad in Tokyo and am fluent in Japanese.
- During university, interned at The Ritz Carlton
- Accepted into management training program with The Walt Disney Company. Spent 1 year as a Front Desk Manager at 2 hotel properties.
- Left Disney for re-opening of The Plaza in NYC. Took position as opening Front Desk Manager.
- Spent 8 months at The Plaza...decided I was more interested in the development/real-estate side of hotels and left for REDAC, Inc, a Japanese real estate company.
- Promoted after 1 year at REDAC, after proposing a new division be created. Now work as an Asset Manager, as head of that division, managing buildings functioning as extended stay hotels for Japanese corporate clients. Advise on hotel operations and oversee all building aspects, including renovations.
It looks like I will get somewhere between a 630 and 690 on my GMAT, and I have the following schools in mind:
University of Maryland
My goal is to embark on a career in hotel development.
So what do you think? Do I stand a shot?