Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 02:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are my chances at these msf programs for next year?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What are my chances at these msf programs for next year? [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 16:58
I am a junior finance major at Penn State with a 3.7 GPA looking to get my Masters in Finance after graduation. What are my chances at universities such as USC, Villanova, Vanderbilt, and Claremont McKenna? I have had a couple of leadership positions and had a boutique Ibanking internship last summer. I will study for the GMATs this summer and would hope to get around a 700. Any insight is much appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: What are my chances at these msf programs for next year? [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 18:07
cdm5253 wrote:
I am a junior finance major at Penn State with a 3.7 GPA looking to get my Masters in Finance after graduation. What are my chances at universities such as USC, Villanova, Vanderbilt, and Claremont McKenna? I have had a couple of leadership positions and had a boutique Ibanking internship last summer. I will study for the GMATs this summer and would hope to get around a 700. Any insight is much appreciated.

100% at all schools.

PSU is a good and known school
Solid internships
Great GPA and Finance major
Above average GMAT

You'll be fine at every school.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: What are my chances at these msf programs for next year? [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2014, 08:51
I am applying to the USC Marshall Masters in Finance Program for the program beginning in May of 2015. I am going to be a senior in the fall and have had an internship all summer plus am taking a summer class so I do not really have time to study for the GMATs. USC said that their GMATs are optional, so with a 3.75 GPA do you think that my credentials will be good enough to get in without cramming in the GMATs? Also, I am a Finance Major at PSU with some relevant finance experience through 2 internships. Thank you for your help.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: What are my chances at these msf programs for next year? [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2014, 17:22
psu10 wrote:
I am applying to the USC Marshall Masters in Finance Program for the program beginning in May of 2015. I am going to be a senior in the fall and have had an internship all summer plus am taking a summer class so I do not really have time to study for the GMATs. USC said that their GMATs are optional, so with a 3.75 GPA do you think that my credentials will be good enough to get in without cramming in the GMATs? Also, I am a Finance Major at PSU with some relevant finance experience through 2 internships. Thank you for your help.

I think their GMAT is "optional" but in reality it is strongly preferred. The admitted students in this years class are pretty impressive. I think PSU is good and your GPA is very good. Internships are positive. I'd still take the GMAT as you will want to have a back up plan in case they don't accept you.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Re: What are my chances at these msf programs for next year?   [#permalink] 30 Jun 2014, 17:22