Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
more information [#permalink]
Company: CEO of less than ten employees
Career: MBA would help to grow my company from small to big
Distinguishment: Travelled every continent, entrepeneur, won several global business plan competitions (Stanford, Oxford, Singapore..)
community service: project manager for building house for poor old lady, led 50 people

Thank you
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
So far so good . . . however, some observers would want to know more about your business since it has existed for a relatively short time. Could you demonstrate to the admissions cmmte that it is a serious endeavor and that attending a top business school would have a meaningful impact on the business?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
more [#permalink]
The business has actually existed for 3 years. I quit my full time job almost a year ago to run it, so hopefully that would show that it is a serious endevour.
I want to go to business school to learn core business skills since I do not have any from my ndergad degree, plus establish networks with future clients/partners. I was born in Poland, would mentioning that help my application vs. Germany?
Do you think I have any chance? Does it make sense applying for 2nd round(I have everything ready, essays, etc.) or do you think I would stand a better chance in Fall of next year? Is my GMAT score too low?
Thanks Hjort, I really appreciate your comments
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Essays [#permalink]
Hjort

I would also like to send my essays to you guys before submission for advice on improvement. Are you guys able to review them within a day? Application deadline for some schools is the 5th.
Thanks

Peter
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

Just to be clear, I am not affiliated with Accepted.com.

I think that mentioning that you were born in Poland would enhance your diversity especially if you can speak both Polish and German.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Hjort. Sorry I thought you were with accepted.com, since you were the only one who replied and the topic is "Ask Accepted.com", so I assumed you were affiliated with them. I apologize. So in the end, do you think I have a shot for a top B school if I manage to differentiate myself and explain my reasons thoroughly? Will the 710 GMAT be a problem, do I need more?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: What are my chances for Top 10 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
peterpan wrote:
Hi

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how good and realistic my chances of getting into a Top 10 or Top 5 program are.
I am 27 years old, European, and have four years of work experience. 3 years as a systems analyst for a Fortune 500. 1 year as CEO of my own startup. I speak four languages fluently.
Undergraduate degree: Minnesota State University, Computer information Science, 3.85GPA
GMAT: 710

Thank you very much,

Peter

You have a competitive profile for the top ten and are applying appropriately if you are applying to top ten schools.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Linda

Great! I really needed to hear this from someone else than myself and my friends :-D
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I concur that you appear competitive for the US elite schools.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do you guys think I am too old to be accepted into Harvard or Stanford? I read in someone's posting that those two schools prefer younger applicants. At the time of entry I would be 27 years and 10 months old.
Is that a problem?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
You would still be close to the average age of matriculating students so this should not be a major concern. Further, schools are willing to be flexible to admit desired candidates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome! Thanks for your advice.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]