Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are my chances of being admitted to these programs?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: St.Andrews, Edinburgh, HEC Paris, Uni. of Stirling, Uni. of Amsterdam
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

What are my chances of being admitted to these programs? [#permalink] New post 05 May 2011, 09:58
What are my chances of being admitted to the MSc Finance programs at the following European universities?

1. University of Edinburgh
2. University of St.Andrews
3. HEC Paris
4. University of Amsterdam
5. University of Stirling

My profile:
I'm an Indian student, and the primary reason i'm opting to apply to these universities is because the MSc Finance programs are only a year long, and they're more affordable than their 2-year MS Finance counterparts in the US.

I'm due to graduate in 2012, and i'm currently pursuing a BBA in International Business from Symbiosis International University. My stats:

- Class X - 80% (CBSE)
- Class XII - 80.2% (CBSE)
- Undergrad GPA - (Expected) 2.7-3.0 on a scale of 4
- Strong co-curricular background + several leadership positions held in college, as well as outside college
- Some entrepreneurial work experience in the fields of marketing and recruitment (7-8 months)
- Additional qualifications:
1. 6 completed NSE certificate courses
2. Level 1 CFA Candidate, June 2011 (i'm almost certain that i'll be clearing it - and in the unfortunate case that i don't, i'll be retaking it in December 2011 and definitely clearing it then)

My primary concern is my low GPA - unfortunately i got a bit carried away with co-curricular activities during my first 3 semesters, and my grades slacked quite a bit - i'm hoping to make up for them in the last 2 semesters though - but i doubt that it'd go over 3.0-3.1 at the most. What are my chances of getting into these universities? A comprehensive reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: What are my chances of being admitted to these programs? [#permalink] New post 05 May 2011, 15:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hit the CFA hard as all heck then. MSF is about financial analysis right? Then the only way to prove that after a low GPA is clearing L1 ASAP....

shivissar wrote:
What are my chances of being admitted to the MSc Finance programs at the following European universities?

1. University of Edinburgh
2. University of St.Andrews
3. HEC Paris
4. University of Amsterdam
5. University of Stirling

My profile:
I'm an Indian student, and the primary reason i'm opting to apply to these universities is because the MSc Finance programs are only a year long, and they're more affordable than their 2-year MS Finance counterparts in the US.

I'm due to graduate in 2012, and i'm currently pursuing a BBA in International Business from Symbiosis International University. My stats:

- Class X - 80% (CBSE)
- Class XII - 80.2% (CBSE)
- Undergrad GPA - (Expected) 2.7-3.0 on a scale of 4
- Strong co-curricular background + several leadership positions held in college, as well as outside college
- Some entrepreneurial work experience in the fields of marketing and recruitment (7-8 months)
- Additional qualifications:
1. 6 completed NSE certificate courses
2. Level 1 CFA Candidate, June 2011 (i'm almost certain that i'll be clearing it - and in the unfortunate case that i don't, i'll be retaking it in December 2011 and definitely clearing it then)

My primary concern is my low GPA - unfortunately i got a bit carried away with co-curricular activities during my first 3 semesters, and my grades slacked quite a bit - i'm hoping to make up for them in the last 2 semesters though - but i doubt that it'd go over 3.0-3.1 at the most. What are my chances of getting into these universities? A comprehensive reply would be appreciated. Thank you.

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: What are my chances of being admitted to these programs? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 16:29
Speaking of which, if you like GMAT Club for GMAT, you'll like this for CFA -- to make a long post short, really really similar in character. A *tremendous* resource for CFA and lots of other stuff. Join and benefit ASAP:

http://www.analystforum.com

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: What are my chances of being admitted to these programs? [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 07:14
U should consider to have a relevant internship to show to school that U have a clear goal to FinancE. It help improve ur chance when apply,..
Re: What are my chances of being admitted to these programs?   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2012, 07:14