Hit the CFA hard as all heck then. MSF is about financial analysis right? Then the only way to prove that after a low GPA is clearing L1 ASAP....
What are my chances of being admitted to the MSc Finance programs at the following European universities?
1. University of Edinburgh
2. University of St.Andrews
3. HEC Paris
4. University of Amsterdam
5. University of Stirling
I'm an Indian student, and the primary reason i'm opting to apply to these universities is because the MSc Finance programs are only a year long, and they're more affordable than their 2-year MS Finance counterparts in the US.
I'm due to graduate in 2012, and i'm currently pursuing a BBA in International Business from Symbiosis International University. My stats:
- Class X - 80% (CBSE)
- Class XII - 80.2% (CBSE)
- Undergrad GPA - (Expected) 2.7-3.0 on a scale of 4
- Strong co-curricular background + several leadership positions held in college, as well as outside college
- Some entrepreneurial work experience in the fields of marketing and recruitment (7-8 months)
- Additional qualifications:
1. 6 completed NSE certificate courses
2. Level 1 CFA Candidate, June 2011 (i'm almost certain that i'll be clearing it - and in the unfortunate case that i don't, i'll be retaking it in December 2011 and definitely clearing it then)
My primary concern is my low GPA - unfortunately i got a bit carried away with co-curricular activities during my first 3 semesters, and my grades slacked quite a bit - i'm hoping to make up for them in the last 2 semesters though - but i doubt that it'd go over 3.0-3.1 at the most. What are my chances of getting into these universities? A comprehensive reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
= = = = = = = = = =
If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!