Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are my chances of getting into Kellogg?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What are my chances of getting into Kellogg? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2010, 13:29
3.2 GPA in Finance from Florida State University
690 GMAT score
3 years of work experience at a fortune 500 company
born in Cuba, fluent in Spanish, minored in French

Please let me know if you think I have legitimate chance or if I'm just dreaming...

And is there anything else I should be focusing on to increase my chances?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: What are my chances of getting into Kellogg? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2010, 13:37
I apologize - just realized there was a profile evaluation thread.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1548 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: What are my chances of getting into Kellogg? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2010, 13:49
Odds seem reasonable. Not impossible but not a stellar profile either. So far there's nothing outstanding about your profile, but you haven't really told me much other than a few tiny details. Cuban background will add value and diversity to profile.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Re: What are my chances of getting into Kellogg? [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2010, 14:07
Kellogg's average GMAT is 714 for the class of 2012. They don't say much about average GPA's but it's probably in the 3.5 range like for most top b-schools. What I'm trying to say is that from an academic perspective you're below average. Perhaps give the GMAT another shot if you feel you can score higher? Having said that, with a 690 and 3.2 GPA it doesn't mean you will get an automatic rejection, but the rest of your applications needs to be strong.

As mentioned, perhaps share some more details (e.g. more on career performance, post-MBA goals, extracurricular activities, etc.).

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: What are my chances of getting into Kellogg? [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2010, 04:06
With stellar essays, decent recommendations and amazing interview performance your chances look decent. The rest of your application has to be absolutely stellar to get a nod from Kellogg.
Re: What are my chances of getting into Kellogg?   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2010, 04:06