Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are peoples' hobbies?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 06:18
I Love SOCCER and my fave teams in BARCLAYs league. As well the cheaLsea.
BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 76

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 19 May 2010, 06:25
leney wrote:
I Love SOCCER and my fave teams in BARCLAYs league. As well the cheaLsea.

Do you love to play soccer or just to watch it? Who is your favorite player in Chealsea?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 21:51
cano wrote:
I forgot to mention that during high school and college I also spent a lot of time in musical activities. I was learning to play piano and trumpet. But most of the musical experience is singing in choirs. We traveled extensively with our high school and college choirs. We even participated in competitions. It was a good time because the group was good and we spent a long time together during the trips.

When I started working I didn't have the opportunity of joining a choir until last year. However, this year the choir dissolved. I'm not so worried since I started to study for gmat so I fill out most of the empty time with that.

My son is now 1 year and 4 months so I spend most of the time after work playing with him. I study early in the morning or late at night (if still awaken enough for that).

Anyone there loving singing, or hiking?

I like hiking, but I don't think there's any trails in the dallas area (where i'm relocating to soon :().

My hobbies are: going to the gym, running, golf, and reading as well as watching sports or other stuff on tv

GOAL: 7xx

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 08:53
I am a HUGE fan of Formula 1 Racing!!

Yesterday they announced that Formula 1 is returning to USA!! To Austin Texas!! Only 8 hours drive from my home!!
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 31

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 10:41
USF1 wrote:
I am a HUGE fan of Formula 1 Racing!!

Yesterday they announced that Formula 1 is returning to USA!! To Austin Texas!! Only 8 hours drive from my home!!

Really? Nice. I might have to check that out. Where are they racing?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 17:54
I also love Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Cooper is my hero!

Also love dancing, traveling, and beauty/fashion!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2010, 01:27
I play video games on PC. I am playing Battlefield: Bad company 2 right now and its LEGENDARAY. And yeah, you guessed it right. I am a HUGE fan of The big bang theory (BBT) and How I met your Mother (HIMYM) and I love Barney and Raj.

Apart from this, I am a hollywood buff. I watch like 5 movies a week.

And no, no physical work for me. No sports as of now. But I am into playing carrom at work and pool with ma gang on weekends. Bar hopping: yes. Getting lucky with girls: no.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2010, 09:10
I help poor people get buff. Sandy style ;-)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 07:02
i love video games. have all the consoles but all have been collecting dust due to mba apps, other interests etc. I also play magic the gathering and go out with people to whereever.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 12:46
Expert's post
shaselai wrote:
i love video games. have all the consoles but all have been collecting dust due to mba apps, other interests etc. I also play magic the gathering and go out with people to whereever.

I used to be a huge video game fan! I even had the Virtual Boy and Neo-Geo.

Did you pay attention to this year's E3 convention? I thought Nintendo's 3DS was very interesting. Microsoft's Kinect also looks promising, at least in the long term. That's where I see the gaming industry in the next 10 years or so: 3-D and controller-less movement.

What do you think?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2010, 13:05
i actually think both PS3's motion and Microsoft's Kinetic will fail horribly - Kinetic might fail more. The problem with Kinetic imo is that any game where feedback is vital -racing, shooters,adventures etc. will suffer since every action/frame counts. I do see the potential in "party games" but anything with prolonged play like racing or shooters will be incredibly awkward. If I want to spend that much energy playing games I might as well go to the gym... Sure Kinetic could introduce controllers but that would end up being a PS3 Motion. PS3 motion might be OK but it wont be as successful as the wii just because it is an accessory.

The main reason I believe both will fail is the controllers are both "accessories". Some people might shell out 100$ to try the neat tech but if it is not mandatory I bet most will just stick with their old controllers. I actually hate the Wii controllers very much - i always try to use the D pad whenever I can :p.

The 3DS is nice but i am wondering how bad it will be to the eyes - the handhelds are already bad for the eyes...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 1

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 21:07
shaselai wrote:
i actually think both PS3's motion and Microsoft's Kinetic will fail horribly - Kinetic might fail more. The problem with Kinetic imo is that any game where feedback is vital -racing, shooters,adventures etc. will suffer since every action/frame counts. I do see the potential in "party games" but anything with prolonged play like racing or shooters will be incredibly awkward. If I want to spend that much energy playing games I might as well go to the gym... Sure Kinetic could introduce controllers but that would end up being a PS3 Motion. PS3 motion might be OK but it wont be as successful as the wii just because it is an accessory.

The main reason I believe both will fail is the controllers are both "accessories". Some people might shell out 100$ to try the neat tech but if it is not mandatory I bet most will just stick with their old controllers. I actually hate the Wii controllers very much - i always try to use the D pad whenever I can :p.

The 3DS is nice but i am wondering how bad it will be to the eyes - the handhelds are already bad for the eyes...

Agreed! Kinect could be a disaster if they don't fix some bugs. Am I the only one who noticed that the Star Wars game was pre-recorded? The guy playing it made movements AFTER the on-screen character in multiple spots!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 19

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 22:44
I enjoy playing soccer and right now I'm in heaven watching the World Cup games. Especially since the Netherlands has made it to the final 4 :-D (I'm half Dutch)

I also really enjoy dancing (mainly salsa) and reading. Other than that, I run, go to the gym, bike, hike, play tennis.

Favorite TV show is NCIS, although I have unfortunately recently become addicted to The Bachelorette. It's awful, really, but now that I've started watching, I can't stop. :oops:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2010, 23:30
TV Sitcoms and the Internet. I sometimes spend afternoons just surfing what have you in the Internet - before you know it, the whole day is done. Love 30 Rock, Modern Family and any Chris Lilley comedies (Summer Heights High and We Can Be Heroes)! Waiting for the next Lilley.

Studying for languages is another passion - know 2 languages fluently, 1 advanced and 3 beginner. Just love it. Cuisine is another interest - fair pastry chef. Would love to take formal classes but consulting demands hours (not to mention classes are expensive).
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Schools: CMU, Kelley
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 2

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 09:22
Any fans of Steve Carell's " The Office"?
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 31

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 10:22
resh wrote:

Did I stutter?

sincerely,

Stanley
GRE Forum Moderator

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 12:06
lagomez wrote:
resh wrote:

Did I stutter?

sincerely,

Stanley

"Did I stutter" - Classic Stanley moment !!
Of all the characters, I love Dwight.. Hehe :-D

Dwight Schrute is my Hero!!!
GRE Forum Moderator

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 12:11
My fav hobby is crochet. I crochet anything and everything I possibly can think of from scarves, caps etc to washcloth, table cloth, blanket, baby boots etc etc.
GRE Forum Moderator

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 12:14
resh wrote:

Dwight Schrute is my Hero!!!

My Dwight Favourite is "Dwight Schrute's perfect crime" :twisted:

Dwight Schrute: What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No. I go for the chandelier; it's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I love the cold. Thirty years later I get a postcard. I have a son. And he's the Chief of Police. This is where the story gets interesting: I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 02:37
I like playing squash and going to Greece.

Playing squash in Greece would be like putting in 75 cents in a vending machine that has a bag of skittles in an auspicious angle, shaking the machine while no one is looking, and snatching two bags of skittles.

I also enjoy prepping for the LSAT
Re: What are peoples' hobbies?   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2010, 02:37