Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 543

What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 06:36
I would like to know what are the things you have to carry for the exam and what aren't you allowed to carry in the exam hall. Also if you have to carry snacks etc are you allowed to carry a bag and can store it in your locker or that isn't allowed. Any Help would be appreciated.

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 226

Kudos [?]: 689 [2] , given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
I would like to know what are the things you have to carry for the exam and what aren't you allowed to carry in the exam hall. Also if you have to carry snacks etc are you allowed to carry a bag and can store it in your locker or that isn't allowed. Any Help would be appreciated.

Hi fozzy,

The only personal thing that you carry in the testing room is your identity proof; they even asked to put my neck chain in the locker. You can have drinks and snaks in the locker, which you can consume during the breaks. You can have anything in your bag, which has to be kept in the locker, but you are not allowed to use any study material during the breaks; anyways these breaks are very small(8 minutes including signing out and in). Effectively it is just a 5 minutes break. I will suggest that you take a sugar based drink or an energy to replenish your energy, which the test will consume for sure. All the best..!

Hope this helps,

Vecules

Posted from my mobile device Image

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Prepster and Stratus Prep
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 4

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:17
Keep it simple. Take essentials and maybe a light snack, but remember you won't really have a ton of time to use the restroom.

If my response helps, please add throw me a kudos.

Jim Kernan is the Director of GMAT Operations at Stratus Prep and author of GMAT Materials for GMAT Prepster.

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 543

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:34
Does someone follow you when you take the breaks to have your snacks at the locker? so you can carry notes but just can't read any of it thats cool sorry for all the silly questions just curious to know what happens.

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Prepster and Stratus Prep
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 4

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:41
Honestly, don't bother bringing paper, but you will not be followed. If you want to review on your way to the exam, simply do it on your phone and leave papers at home.

If my response helps, please add throw me a kudos.

Jim Kernan is the Director of GMAT Operations at Stratus Prep and author of GMAT Materials for GMAT Prepster.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V48
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 16

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 09:30
The lockers at my test center were right in front of the front desk, so there was always someone there. It's not like they were staring at me during my breaks to make sure I wasn't studying, but they definitely would have been able to see me do it if I had tried.

When it comes to bringing things into the test center, it's better to be safe than sorry. Technically you aren't even allowed to bring your own tissues into the room, so empty your pockets into your locker.

For food, I brought a banana, a nut mix that had some chocolate in it, Gatorade, and some water. Beware of drinking too much liquid though - it's a long test and any unscheduled bathroom breaks won't make the timer stop. You should take your time on your breaks so that you can relax a little bit before going back in. Having said that, though, make sure you keep an eye on the time if possible: I was four minutes late coming back from my first break and two minutes late coming back from my second break :-D
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 553 [0], given: 5

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 14:42
Expert's post
Yes, bring a light lunch - you can store it in your locker.

You are allowed to step out of the building to get lunch anywhere you'd like. This is a viable option if you are testing in a city like NYC. Ideally - somewhere really close so you don't waste time traveling.

Be sure not to go heavy with the lunch. Especially if you're the kind of person who gets the bathroom urges an hour after you actually eat. By then, you'll be in the middle of your test, so you won't want to step out and waste time (you can if you really wanted to, but that's not recommended).

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 95

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 02:25
Are you allowed to bring in a pack of tissues if you have a bit of a cold on the day?

*Updated 7th April*: Summing up my application experience: Lucky to be a Tuckie
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 226

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam? [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 02:31
Expert's post
dyau wrote:
Are you allowed to bring in a pack of tissues if you have a bit of a cold on the day?

Yes, I think so; they will allow you to bring a pack of tissues in case you have cold. I guess I have seen one with tissues in the testing area.

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Re: What are the things you must carry for your GMAT exam?   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2013, 02:31