Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 08:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What courses will help with admission

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 18:27
I trying to take some summer courses because my GRE quant scores are low right now. What would be great courses to take to prove my quant chops? I was thinking of taking UCLA extension real estate courses, NYU continuing Education CFP courses, or UC Berkeley continuing ed Finance course.

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Current Student
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

Re: What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 20:49
Stats, calc, accounting, microecon, finance... I'm not sure of the value of real estate courses in demonstrating your quant skills.

TRISTLW wrote:
I trying to take some summer courses because my GRE quant scores are low right now. What would be great courses to take to prove my quant chops? I was thinking of taking UCLA extension real estate courses, NYU continuing Education CFP courses, or UC Berkeley continuing ed Finance course.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 04:30
Thanks swbd!!!

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Current Student
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

Re: What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 17:04
No prob- good luck!

TRISTLW wrote:
Thanks swbd!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 08:19
If you need to beef up your quant side/build alternative transcript, you may wish to take some key courses:
Calculus, accounting and economics, maybe decision analysis/stats. Adcomms look favourably at these courses. You can do it at your local college or some distance learning programmes.

I spoke to some non-traditional students or liberal art majors and they confirmed.
Current Student
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

Re: What courses will help with admission [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 12:03
I suggest, especially if your ugrad gpa is already high enough, to spend time to prepare for GRE/GMAT and to retake since the value of an alt transcript would to offset a low GPA. If your GPA is already decent I think your time is far more valuable upping the quantitative score on the test than taking statistics or calculus.
Re: What courses will help with admission   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2012, 12:03