Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 07:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here! [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 14:29
Expert's post
Last month, many GMAT Club Members took part in a free trial of MBA Prep School, and we wanted to welcome you to share a little bit about your experience here. Tell us what you think about our web-based admissions consulting videos and power tools for building a winning MBA application. We are excited to hear how we are doing and, more importantly, how we can do even better.

If you haven't had a chance to try out MBA Prep School, you can sign-up for free access now, including a sample of our best videos, up-to-the-minute school news, school profiles, and private message boards moderated by leading admissions consultants.

We welcome your feedback!

Many thanks!
Tyler and Chris
MBA Prep School Co-Founders

Tyler Cormney
MBA Prep School

MBA Prep School provides you with power tools for building a winning MBA application. Our on-demand admissions consulting videos and application prep tools will increase your chances of being accepted by your dream school.

Take the first step toward your dream school -- for Free!: http://mbaprepschool.com
Read our eBook: http://mbaprepschool.com/ebook
For GMAT Club Discounts: http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/mba-pr ... gmat-club/

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 1

Premium Member
Re: What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here! [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 12:15
MBA Prep School Product Review

I had the opportunity to try MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform during their 30-day free trial period. As a disclaimer, I must say that I’m not a typical user because I do already have my MBA, but I wanted to check out the program and see how it can provide value to those who are currently applying. Therefore, I did not use it as frequently or into as much detail as an applicant would. The product is a very different approach to MBA consulting. Applicants can spend thousands of dollars to a consultant, but the Online Learning Platform gives individuals a more affordable option. Does it provide one-on-one feedback or individual school guidance? No, but it does provide some of the basic tips you need to make your application shine and for a low-monthly cost, it might be worth investing in if you need some direction on your applications.

Signing up for the trial and accessing the program was easy and I found the instruction pages clear and concise. The overall format and appearance is appealing, but I did find the Project Management interface was a bit tough to figure out at first. However, once you start using it, it is actually very easy to use. I also like how it has step-by-step instructions and that the main page stays open when you click on an item so that you remember where you are in the training. The ability to track your progress and keep you on pace is intuitive and valuable. Overall the navigation and tracking of MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform makes the product appealing.

MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform has numerous documents for the user to do self-assessment. This allows the user to figure out ways to brainstorm and incorporate the information into the essays, application, etc. Suggestion: it would be nice to have the ability to answer questions within the program and save it so that you can go back to the program and access it. In addition, some documents are in PDF format which makes it more difficult to write in your own notes.

MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform offers 35 informative videos, where the founders of MBA Prep School teach you how to create a winning resume, essay, application forums, and more. Some of the videos are lengthy, so you need to make sure you set aside enough time to complete the video and take notes as you go along. Suggestion: consider offering the slides as a PDF and link to the PDFs from the page where the video is shown so that you don’t have to try to find the content somewhere within the video.

Another beneficial feature of the MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform is the school profiles which share statistics about each school, allowing the user to easily find all of the information in one place instead of having to look up other sites. Suggestion: the program encourages students to sign up for email distribution lists, so providing the link to sign up for it would be a good way to make the program even more-inclusive.

The library is a great resource where there is a compilation of all the documents that are offered throughout the training. Suggestion: add a section for “outside resources” where you can list all the books you suggest they read.

The tips provided in the MBA Prep School Online Learning Platform prepare the way to improving your application. I think it’s a great starting point and should you decide you need more help, MBA Prep School does provide essay editing and all-inclusive admissions consulting.

Kirsti | GMAT Club Representative

Find upcoming GMAT and MBA Events | Discounts on GMAT courses, books, MBA consulting, and more at the GMAT Club Marketplace
Follow us on Twitter | Facebook

GMAT Course Reviews
MBA Admissions Consulting Reviews

Expert Post
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here! [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 12:58
Expert's post
Hi Kirsti,

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful and comprehensive review of your experience with MBA Prep School. You've made some excellent suggestions.

In regards to your first suggestion: "it would be nice to have the ability to answer questions within the program and save it so that you can go back to the program and access it," I wanted to let you know the website does have two features that allow subscribers to answer questions and keep track of notes: 1) You can add comment or notes for each work step directly in the online worksheet and 2) you can upload files (word docs, google docs, etc) into your personal online worksheet. Our students use this feature to keep track of all their notes and and to keep their application work papers organized and readily accessible.

We are also in the process of converting more of our templates and case study materials into Word documents so that students can use them for note taking.

Thank you again for this valuable feedback. We are very grateful and will continue to improve on our product suite for MBA Applicants.

Sincerely,
Tyler Cormney
MBA Prep School Co-Founder

Tyler Cormney
MBA Prep School

MBA Prep School provides you with power tools for building a winning MBA application. Our on-demand admissions consulting videos and application prep tools will increase your chances of being accepted by your dream school.

Take the first step toward your dream school -- for Free!: http://mbaprepschool.com
Read our eBook: http://mbaprepschool.com/ebook
For GMAT Club Discounts: http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/mba-pr ... gmat-club/

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 12:52
Hi All

I recently completed my tutorials with MBA Prep School.

As a foreigner living in the U.S., the applications to business school are exhaustive and complex. Applying to a business school became an art form for me recently. Navigating the application process is tricky. The school’s do not offer up too much information on ‘how to get selected’ and the web is awash with content and advice by overachievers who you are competing with. Overall the process is pretty overwhelming.

I wasn’t in a financial position to hire a personal consultant, and I needed strong advice on how to shape my story and crystalize not only my value proposition, but why the school and I were meant to be! MBA Prep School provided me with a framework to attack each of my applications, helping me flesh out key strengths and value-adds. Often what I thought were subtle examples of leadership, turned out to be the most interesting parts of my application and MBA Prep School gave me the confidence to pursue the unusual stories to stand out from the crowd.

I was really impressed with how MBA Prep School identified the many subtle data points that business schools look out for and then gave me examples of how to bring these to life in my writing and interview.

As a suggestion to improve the platform, I would love modules on scholarship and fellowship application writing.

I was recently admitted into the EMBA program at IE (Spain) and Brown University (USA) and start in 2012.

Thanks again

LOUIS
Re: What do you think about MBA Prep School? Post reviews here!   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2011, 12:52