Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 01:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What do you think about this?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
What do you think about this? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 18:59
India top talent destination for World Inc: Experts

New Delhi: With the baby-boomer population in the US reaching retirement and the average age increasing in most of the western countries, global corporates are looking at India to get the right talent, experts say.

Companies based in nations like the US, France and Germany believe that the south Asian country has a talent pool matching the global standards, they said.

"India is topmost on the list of preferred destinations for countries facing an internal talent crunch situation," global management consultancy firm Boston Consulting Group (BCG) partner and director James V Abraham told PTI.

Chinese workforce which comes next in the list is mostly preferred for China-specific operations of the western companies as opposed to people in India, who are being tapped for functioning in any country, he added.

"The Indian workforce is witnessing a 100 year peak, the talent pool is vast, skilled up to international standards and the most sought after by the Western Countries," international accounting and consultancy major KPMG's Melbourne-based partner Bernard Salt said. He was in the city to attend a conference.

Although regions like South East Asia and Middle East have a workforce to offer in terms of numbers, rigid social setups and lack of international quality in terms of technology brings in the 'India advantage', he added.

The US-based magazine BusinessWeek recently came out with a list of best American companies to launch a career and nine out of the top ten firms on the list have a major India exposure in terms of employee strength.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 20:14
They've already outsourced the blue-collar work years ago. It is and will be a matter of time when they outsource the white-collar jobs in the US.

I do have a problem with this comment

"...for countries facing an internal talent crunch situation..." global management consultancy firm Boston Consulting Group (BCG) partner and director James V Abraham told PTI.

I'm curious to know what country this guy is from or what countries he's talking about that's facing a talent crunch because I really hope he's not talking about the US. There are still tons of able bodied college graduates here in the US.

The purpose of outsourcing white-collar US jobs to India or China is because of lower wages, not because of a talent crunch situation.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 20:52
Actually, there is a severe talent crunch for the scientific and engineering fields. There just won't be enough American-born science and engineering majors graduating for all the companies that need them in a few years time. That's why there are so many Indian IT people at all the Silicon Valley companies around here, because there aren't enough good engineers to hire domestically anymore.
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 22:51
The guy seems to refer to the US, France, and Germany. I checked news else where. As Kry said, he seems to talk more about techie jobs.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 02:21
forget it if its anything from KPMG - That is one organization that tries to jump onto the bandwagon when the wagon has left town.

I am sure he is talking about outsourcing.....australia, US and UK branches are all gung ho about becoming upsetting accenture's outsourcing cart ....needless to say its going poorly
  [#permalink] 04 Oct 2007, 02:21