Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 11:02

Going on right now!

Interview Invites from Chicago - Booth | Join the chat room for Live Updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What else can GMAT be used for other than MBA programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What else can GMAT be used for other than MBA programs [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 01:36
I wrote the GMAT a number of years ago and got 750. I have one year left until the score expires, so I'd like to use it to apply to some shcools.

I am not interested in MBA programs -- the curriculums do not appeal to me, I do not want to be a professional manager, and am turned off by the blog pages of many MBA students. I also got paid to do my engineering masters, so I do not feel like paying some enormous tuition fee for a program I'd have trouble liking.

I am a 30 year old engineer and have worked in several countries. Do not want to continue with this path as it's mostly project managment, other than for very technically gifted people, of whom I am not one.

Originally I was going to use the GMAT score to get into a financial engineer program, which I did, but then the financial sector collapsed and I decided not to go as the tuition was almost 50k.

I'd prefer to work in Canada.

Any suggestions for programs?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: What else can GMAT be used for other than MBA programs [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 09:35
Expert's post
Hi mrmojo,

Congratulations on the excellent GMAT score. What I recommend you do is first identify what you are interested in for your career, and then decide on whether a graduate degree will help align you with those goals. You shouldn't look at an MBA or any graduate degree as an end goal; you should look at it as a stepping stone to achieving whatever you are looking for.

The reason why I mention this is you should identify your career post-graduation, and then see if graduate school is the right decision, as opposed to first identifying which programs accept the GMAT, and then looking at options after you graduate.

I hope this was of help.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Re: What else can GMAT be used for other than MBA programs   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2011, 09:35