Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 17:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What else can I do?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What else can I do? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 19:22
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
So, I interviewed with Chicago GSB in San Diego last week. I felt I communicated well and expressed good interest and knowledge about the program, however I did not feel a strong repore with my interviewer. I feel okay about it. 4 out of 5.

I also flew out to attend a GSB Live event on October 27th. At lunch I was able to ask a few breif questions from Rose Martinelli and I sent her a thank you email letting her know who I was both after the event and after my interview.

Now that everything is complete I want to do anything else I can to increase my chances, because Chicago is definitely my #1 school.

Option 1: Let a current student I am familiar with know how great my interest is and see if he can put in a good word for me.

Option 2: Tell admissions that I will be in the area next week and ask if I can meet with someone in the admissions office. I would then have to fly out there and come up with more questions to ask.

Option 3: Wait it out.

What should I do? Are there any other options available? Would option 2 annoy them or would it show greater interest?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 19:31
Although I did not feel a strong repore with my interviewer, he was very kind and wanted to keep in contact. Should I ask him if there is anything else I can do? Should I ask him if it would help me to fly out there?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1531 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 20:54
ceglar wrote:
Although I did not feel a strong repore with my interviewer, he was very kind and wanted to keep in contact. Should I ask him if there is anything else I can do? Should I ask him if it would help me to fly out there?


I wouldnt do this. You had a good rapport with him and althought he may have said to keep in touch, it could have been just a polite thing to do. Don't become a pest by asking him what else you can do.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1531 [1] , given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: What else can I do? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 20:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
ceglar wrote:
So, I interviewed with Chicago GSB in San Diego last week. I felt I communicated well and expressed good interest and knowledge about the program, however I did not feel a strong repore with my interviewer. I feel okay about it. 4 out of 5.

I also flew out to attend a GSB Live event on October 27th. At lunch I was able to ask a few breif questions from Rose Martinelli and I sent her a thank you email letting her know who I was both after the event and after my interview.

Now that everything is complete I want to do anything else I can to increase my chances, because Chicago is definitely my #1 school.

Option 1: Let a current student I am familiar with know how great my interest is and see if he can put in a good word for me.

Option 2: Tell admissions that I will be in the area next week and ask if I can meet with someone in the admissions office. I would then have to fly out there and come up with more questions to ask.

Option 3: Wait it out.

What should I do? Are there any other options available? Would option 2 annoy them or would it show greater interest?


Option 1: A very good idea, and I've heard it can make a huge difference. Do it. I wish I could. BUT.... This MUST APPEAR UNSOLICITED to the adcom. If the student walks in and says 'yea, he asked me to stop by'.... He needs to stop by and on his own accord, "I just heard that so and so..." and recommend.

Option 2: Absolutely not. They have already extended an interview, and your asking for their time will just come off as insecure, arrogant, or worse, inconsiderate of all the work they still have to do. Absolutely do not do this.

Option 3: This is what I'm currently doing.

Full disclosure, I'm an R1, so you and I are in direct competition. That said, I'm giving you what I honestly think is good advice.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 23:58
Yeah, the more I think about it I will probably just sit tight and do nothing. It is just frusturating not doing anything and waiting.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 00:07
ceglar wrote:
Yeah, the more I think about it I will probably just sit tight and do nothing. It is just frusturating not doing anything and waiting.


Most frustating my friend.

Another 9 days for me to know my first result. This waiting game is sure killing me.
Come on schools, you like a candidate offer him admission straightway. Spare the torture, poor souls have arrange many things.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 155
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 07:01
jaynayak wrote:
ceglar wrote:
Yeah, the more I think about it I will probably just sit tight and do nothing. It is just frusturating not doing anything and waiting.


Most frustating my friend.

Another 9 days for me to know my first result. This waiting game is sure killing me.
Come on schools, you like a candidate offer him admission straightway. Spare the torture, poor souls have arrange many things.


Yeah so true.. the wait is makin me crazy.. apart from the fact that v've to wait is that we have lots free time.. for me, all those time devoted to filling the apps and finishing them by deadlines helped me manage work better and now with no apps around..'m alltime lost in thinking about the admit decisions..
my 1st decision on 22nd.. and luks lk loooooooooon way to go!!

cheers
  [#permalink] 29 Nov 2006, 07:01
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic 650 --> 580....what else can I do to get to 700? GTME2010 4 09 Oct 2013, 11:17
Hi What else Do I need in Quant? Sachin9 0 30 Oct 2012, 05:47
1 Beside prep books, what else can I do to get a 700+ score? FrankR 8 21 Feb 2010, 12:54
What else is there to do? gordis88 1 17 Sep 2006, 17:40
What can I do? Puilunchristin 1 03 Jan 2006, 17:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

What else can I do?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.