Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: What if my Maths isn't good [#permalink]
wlee76 wrote:
Hi All,

Over in the "Share you Experience" section, you always hear of people scoring in the high 40's, or other expressions like 'I was disappointed I didn't get 50 or 51"

I enjoy maths, but I can't seem to get it up to a respectable score.
I've been doing the OG's, but as I plough through them, I still stumble through a lot of them

I do have error log aswell. I know it sounds obvious, but if I'm having a problem with say, number theory, is the only way to go back to basics and learn the number theory fundamentals, and address the questions later.

I guess I've been trying to use the questions to learn the content.

Whats the best attack plan ?

Does anyone else have this problem ? I guess not, since I'm in a forum of maths 45ers and above.

If you know where you are weak in math, consider buying the Manhattan math guides - they are not expensive and they start from the ground up - teach you the basics before you try to learn shortcuts or tips.

If not Manhattan, maybe someone else can suggest other resources -- but if you are like me ( I SUCK at math, seriously. Seriously suck.....) ... To put into perspective...

I scored a 33 in math on my second gmat. A fricking 33. The last time I took it I got a 45 (though on some practice exams I was pulling 47,48 - which would have been GREAT).

... If you are like me, manhattan will help a lot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
UI agree is a matter of practice I also pulled out a 33 in my first GMAT attempt and consider that I am just graduating from Econ where the last exams that I had to take where Financial Math and Statistics,... gmat follows his own rules and logic and u should get in that mood, the key of success in this case is practice practice practice,.. if u have then any problem just start to add posts in this forum and we all will be glad to give a shot to solve the question trying to provide explanations....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cheers everyone.
I'll take your comments onboard.

I guess there is no way to avoid learning the basics. I'm much more of a task/problem oriented person, so its much easier for me to just plough through problems rather than try to learn theory.

Its also comforting to know that I'm not the only person whose quant marks are in the 30's :oops:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]