Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 13:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 20:28
Expert's post
Hi Guys,
Can you please let me know what could happen if either during the test (re MOCK GMAT tests say from Kaplan,Manhattan or Veritas and even GMAT Prep SW) or at the time of intermediate break of 8 minutes, if there is an unexpected system crash or power failure or network disruptions, then what will happen to my test and will I be able to carry out the same test where I let off, once normalcy is restored?

And also how to deal with this sort of situation during REAL GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 329 [0], given: 298

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 02:26
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Guys,
Can you please let me know what could happen if either during the test (re MOCK GMAT tests say from Kaplan,Manhattan or Veritas and even GMAT Prep SW) or at the time of intermediate break of 8 minutes, if there is an unexpected system crash or power failure or network disruptions, then what will happen to my test and will I be able to carry out the same test where I let off, once normalcy is restored?

You can resume your test from the point where you started in the case of MOCK exams.
On the real thing, i dont think that you will face any such thing. And if by chance you do, you should be able to start from where you left.

Just guessing ... fortunately this did not happen with me :)

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 03:20
Expert's post
ankurgupta03 wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Guys,

You can resume your test from the point where you started in the case of MOCK exams.
On the real thing, i dont think that you will face any such thing. And if by chance you do, you should be able to start from where you left.

Just guessing ... fortunately this did not happen with me :)

Thanks Ankur.
So, this is true for any MOCK tests Kaplan,Manhattan,Veritas or GMAT Prep SW...Right?

Re real GMAT - it's possibility is less I'd assume but you never know :)

BTW, are you in R1 this year?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 329 [1] , given: 298

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 03:42
This post received
KUDOS
bagdbmba wrote:

Thanks Ankur.
So, this is true for any MOCK tests Kaplan,Manhattan,Veritas or GMAT Prep SW...Right?

I have tried it for Kaplan, MGMAT, Veritas, not sure about GMATPrep, never left it in between, you can check it easily
Just see the first question and close the test in a second. You will come to know :)

Real GMAT also, you will never be penalized for a mistake which is not yours, so you will be given full time in case of some problem. This is my faith in GMAT :P
Yes I am applying to ISB in R1 this time.

P.S. There is a special way of saying thanks in GMATClub which you must be knowing :) . Press the kudos button in the post :)

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 04:16
Expert's post
ankurgupta03 wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Thanks Ankur.

I have tried it for Kaplan, MGMAT, Veritas, not sure about GMATPrep, never left it in between, you can check it easily
Just see the first question and close the test in a second. You will come to know :)

Real GMAT also, you will never be penalized for a mistake which is not yours, so you will be given full time in case of some problem. This is my faith in GMAT :P
Yes I am applying to ISB in R1 this time.

P.S. There is a special way of saying thanks in GMATClub which you must be knowing :) . Press the kudos button in the post :)

Agreed and executed :)

Sent you a PM! Check it out once.

Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 10:09
Expert's post
Indeed, Kaplan tests will continue after a crash--we don't want a simple computer error to waste hours of your time!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 10:55
Expert's post
KapTeacherEli wrote:
Indeed, Kaplan tests will continue after a crash--we don't want a simple computer error to waste hours of your time!

Hi Eli,
Thanks for confirming that...Albeit it's already confirmed by another user ('ankurgupta') of Kaplan test as per the above posts.

However, much appreciate your reply.

Re: What if there is system crash/NW issues during mock GMAT?   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2013, 10:55