Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What is a "good" integrated reasoning score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

What is a "good" integrated reasoning score? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 03:00
Hi all,

I just recently took the GMAT and scored a 720 (Q48 V41), which is acceptable; however, I only received a 5 on IR (52nd percentile). I'm trying to target the top 10 schools. I received an undergraduate GPA of 3.9 from an Ivy League and an employed at a top 20 consulting firm, and will be applying ~3 years from now.

Will this low score hurt my chances or is it similar to the essay where there is a lower expectation?

Thanks,
Jason
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2280

Kudos [?]: 8836 [0], given: 3668

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What is a "good" integrated reasoning score? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 11:01
Expert's post
Sorry, i can only offer you what I have said in your Experience thread

here is the IR table. perhaps someone else has an opinion (I doubt it)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 661 [0], given: 6

Re: What is a "good" integrated reasoning score? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 07:42
Expert's post
There isn't too much historical data available yet for top bschools to place a heavy emphasis on your IR score. Your score of 5 is considered "good enough" - generally the 5 or 6 range is where you want to be.

The focus is still the 800 score. For top 10-15 bschools, you want to stay above 50% percentile for your IR score as you have done. Just don't slack off and put in a sub-par performance on IR - unless you have a special agreement with your school that specifies you surpass a 650 on your GMAT. In those unique situations, your IR score won't matter.

But for the most part - you got a pretty ideal score. Great score and just good enough IR - that's exactly where you want to be. Congrats!

For more info on Integrated Reasoning, please see the FAQ here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -reasoning

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: What is a "good" integrated reasoning score?   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2012, 07:42