Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What is international experience?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

What is international experience? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 01:30
HI
I have a question - what is considered as international experience?
I am from India., Can anyone please tell if I work in a neighboring country like bangaladesh or Nepal or Sri lanka . WIll it be considered as International Experience?

My second question - The client is UK and I talk and work with them everyday but I work from India. WIll it be considered as International Experience?

Please share your views on the same.

thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 562 [0], given: 114

Re: What is international experience? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 07:47
International experience usually refers to a person that has experience in nations other then their home nation or the nation that they went to college in. In my experience, it usually refers to an American Student and citizen that works outside their country (for instance they graduated from harvard and then worked in France, Australia, or China). Typically it would not be considered international experience if you worked in a neighboring country if they aren't much different then you own. For instance, if I grew up in New York and went to school in New york, and then I worked in a neighbording city in Canada just a few hours drive away. I don't think I'd consider that international experience. Since I'm not as familiar with the countries you mentioned, I'm not 100% sure in your situation. But no where in your application will you say "I had international experience". You will only say where you've worked, and its up to the admissions team to decide about your experience.

Typically international experience is considered a positive thing.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: What is international experience? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 08:01
Thanks for your views.
The countries I am referring are adjacent to India. I cant say that they are miles drive away and I definitely believe that the culture is also bit different from India though not so much.
One of the application evaluators suggested me to have International exposure to improve my profile.

What about my second point --- IS that considered an international experience?
Re: What is international experience?   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2012, 08:01