Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Dec 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What is the best RC book out there?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: 2170 Q800 V700
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 15

What is the best RC book out there? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2012, 11:31
hi All,

Need some help to find a good RC book or resource. I have the MGMAT RC book, but it seems very complicated and too many rules to remember. i really doubt if it would help me.

Any other alternate suggestions for a good RC book?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: What is the best RC book out there? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2012, 11:45
The OG questions should be more than enough for RC . Don't try to just get the answer right , try to learn something from each problem . Do the 2 OGs and the gmat prep question pack 1 , that should suffice . Two important points - review ALL OG questions even if you get the answer right . Secondly make sure that your practice sessions are timed ! This is VERY IMPORTANT .

If you really want some more RC questions , you could try doing the E-GMAT course . But I strongly believe that the OGs are more than enough .

Hope this help ! Good luck ! Post back if you have more questions !

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 88

Kudos [?]: 495 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: What is the best RC book out there? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2012, 14:12
Expert's post
I feel that one could probably get away with not using an RC book, as long as this was compensated with lots of question practice sessions. With that said, an RC book can help in some cases. As for the Manhattan RC guidebook, I thought that it was mediocre. I used the Powerscore RC Bible, which did improve my understanding and performance. Here is a GMATClub review on it: review-of-powerscore-s-lsat-rc-bible-pros-1-difficulty-86718.html
Re: What is the best RC book out there?   [#permalink] 22 Jun 2012, 14:12