Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 04:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What is the best resource for SC practice questions?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 19:57
Please list books, online etc.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 17:10
Please help!!! Thanks.
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 118

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 10

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 01:01
Expert's post
If you're simply looking for practice problems, rather than instruction, you should start with real GMAT problems. The Official Guide is the way to go: http://www.amazon.com/Official-Guide-GM ... 294&sr=8-1

That's going to be more than enough problems for most people's needs. Some of my students have run through all the problems in the OG, as well as the related Verbal Review supplement, and found themselves wanting more. However, you are better off "fully digesting" these problems by identifying the different issues at play, and analyzing each answer choice carefully. If you take the time to do this for the OG and any practice exams you take, and you have a solid source for GMAT-related grammar instruction (I humbly suggest Manhattan GMAT's Sentence Correction strategy guide), you shouldn't need any additional problems.

Best of luck!

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 03:43
There has been some positive feedback for the Aristotle SC book posted on this forum. The guide comes with 100 SC practice questions, and these can also be bought separately.

http://www.aristotleprep.com/book/aristotle-sentence-correction-grail

My Debrief

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 25 May 2011, 06:48
pike wrote:
There has been some positive feedback for the Aristotle SC book posted on this forum. The guide comes with 100 SC practice questions, and these can also be bought separately.

http://www.aristotleprep.com/book/aristotle-sentence-correction-grail

I have the same question.

I have SC Grail. Their strategies are compact and somewhat like a shorter n simpler version of MGMAT. The book is okay but the 100 questions are not that great. The english is very simple and the answers too obvious. I had 90-95% accuracy. They are good enough just to brush up the basics not great practice material.

SC questions in OG are way more advanced, even the simple onces. As a non-native english speaker, I too am looking for standard material for SC practice, other than the OG's n supplements!

Any ideas?

GMAT done - a mediocre score but I still have a lot of grit in me

The last 20 days of my GMAT journey

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 01:31
I also find the questions of Aristotle too easy! Do not reflect the real GMAT level. Just look for Brutal SC in this forum!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2011, 03:19
Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC for concepts and for practice don't look beyond this forum. The 100 Brutal SC and 1000 SC questions are more than enough. Ensure that you review the explanations though as it will help you eliminate the wrong answers quickly.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 7

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 14:10
Trying to revive an old thread. Brutal SC, GMAT Prep SC doc, 1000 SC etc. are all great material except that they overlap with OGs or Prep software.

So has anyone found any other good practice material that doesn't overlap with official questions?

MGMAT is one option.
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern MBA

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 12:48
I recommend the PowerScore GMAT Sentence Correction Bible book for a good comprehensive collection of SC rules and related drills. http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-GMAT-S ... 023&sr=8-1

--
[highlight]MBA Gambit: GMAT Tutor in NYC[/highlight]
http://www.mbagambit.com

Last edited by mbagambit on 29 Feb 2012, 22:43, edited 4 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 18

Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions? [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 21:26
I think DmitryFarber is being too humble about his recommendation. Manhattan SC and Powerscore CR are two must-have books IN ADDITION TO the OG12 & 2nd Verbal Edition. Powerscore's CR book rocks! I've been thru Manhattan's CR, and it pales in comparison. On the other hand, Manhattan's SC rocks!
Re: What is the best resource for SC practice questions?   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 21:26