Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What is the best way to use the OG 11 books?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What is the best way to use the OG 11 books? [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2007, 10:56
I have recently started my GMAT prep and I have a few questions about the best way to use the OG 11 Review books. I should note that I have access to following preperation material.

Books
1) PR Cracking the GMAT 2007
2) MGMAT Strategy Guides (all 8 books)
3) OG 11
4) OG Math
5) OG Verbal

Practice Tests
1) GMATPrep – 2
2) MGMAT – 6
3) 9 GMAT Paper Tests (need to acquire)
4) PR – 2

I have read Cracking the GMAT by PR and am currently reviewing the MGMAT strategy guides. I am planning on solving the PR problems as I review the MGMAT books.

1) Once I finish reading the MGMAT review guides, should I proceed to solving the OG 11 problems? Or Should i review the topics covered in the OG Math & OG Verbal?

2) When solving OG 11 problems, do you pick a few problems from each problem type and work as a set? Example should I pick 5 PS, 5 DS, 5 SC, 5 CR and 5 RC questions and work on them as a set? If so how does one go about picking the questions?

3) What is the best way to use the SC/RC/CR1000 questions? Should I work on them once I exhaust all the OG 11 questions or should I work on both simultaneously?

Any pointers and suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Last edited by Praj on 05 Jul 2007, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2007, 20:12
I also just received the OG 11th edition in the mail and I would like some advice on the best way to use it in conjuction with Kaplan 800, PR Math Workout and Kaplan online syllabus.

Also, I am currently in a Kaplan class and have been taking online practice exams for the past few weeks. Like many others, I believe the Kaplan tests are quite difficult compared to the actual GMAT which I took once already (680, trying to break 700 this time).

SO...Where can I obtain additional practice CATs that are more realistic than the difficult Kaplan tests? Do these tests provide the same detailed feedback as Kaplan does?
  [#permalink] 04 Jul 2007, 20:12