Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What kind of GMAT do I need?? Am I competitive?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What kind of GMAT do I need?? Am I competitive? [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2004, 21:55
I took the GMAT once. I got a 570. I am not too worried about the score as I had some outside circumstances which contributed the low score. However it has kind of shatered my confidence. I am going to take the test again but wanted to get an idea of what kind of numbers i need given my work experience.

I am applying to Harvard, Stanford, Columbia Texas-Austin, Michigan

Work

4 years of product management experience.

Started a company focusing on Digital Rights Management at the age of 23. Wrote business plan that closed 250k in seed funding. Software enabled the first Music Download store for the PC.

Developed first published pricing model in the industry

Guest lectured an MBA course at Peperdine University. Topic was developing pricing models in emerging markets.

Currently product manger for for product with 6 million dollar budget.

Control all product development, pricing, strategic positioning, etc.

Led first leg $500,000 project to deploy our services into China

Education

3.3 in quantitative economics

3.7 in my major

Took numerous mathematics courses got all a's and a few b's

Lectured Natural Resources Economics Course
Was a Class Assistant for Advanced Linear Algebra
Took PHD courses in natural resource economics as an undergrad

Two Semesters made Chancelors List
One semester named to Dean's List

All this while working 40 hours a week to pay for school.

Extracariculars

Recieved scholorship to play Men's Soccer... Recieved all confrence honors

Competed Men's Tennis Team... Recieved Most Improved Player Award

Competed in CEDA debate. Finished Ranked Top novice speaker and team in state of missiouri. Finished top 16 novice nationals. Finished top 50 speakers.

Currently helping girlfriend build her own art studio. (should i mention that when i apply??)

Given this information what kind of test score do I need? Do I have a shot? Is this considered good experience?

Thanks for the help
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2004, 10:32
Based on the information provided you sound like a strong competitior, outside of the GMAT score.

90% of admits at those schools score around 660, so off-the-cuff, I'd say that's a pretty good low-end target.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2004, 10:42
truthringer wrote:
Based on the information provided you sound like a strong competitior, outside of the GMAT score.

90% of admits at those schools score around 660, so off-the-cuff, I'd say that's a pretty good low-end target.

Thank you for the feedback... I realize the GMAT score is well.... a bit of a blemish. I should be able to recover from it, but as I stated it has ratlled my confidence.

Anyway thank you... I wanted to make sure my background was strong enough to even get into those schools before putting the time into the GMAT again....